The Isle Of Misfit Players 03/05

Norm

Diabloii.Net Member
Good evening all....long time no postee here. Lots of things happening I see as usual.

My paladin died at 78 and now I have a 76 mace barb that has whirlwind. What i want to know is this: In my ignorance (this is not new just my usual level of goofiness) have I wasted this build? Is a WW barb viable in HC hell? :scratch:

Any advice is welcome, because I'm either gonna WW my way through hell or I'm gonna build a throwsmiter paladin and an elemental druid with max fissure (to match the fissures in my thinking). :surprise:

Stay safe and look me up.

Norm

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
Norm said:
Good evening all....long time no postee here. Lots of things happening I see as usual.

My paladin died at 78 and now I have a 76 mace barb that has whirlwind. What i want to know is this: In my ignorance (this is not new just my usual level of goofiness) have I wasted this build? Is a WW barb viable in HC hell? :scratch:

Any advice is welcome, because I'm either gonna WW my way through hell or I'm gonna build a throwsmiter paladin and an elemental druid with max fissure (to match the fissures in my thinking). :surprise:

Stay safe and look me up.

Norm
Greetings Norm! Good to hear from you!

Well as a matter of coincidence, I just killed another barb (mace WW, was planning on using IK set). This one made it to around lvl70 (hadn't put an anni charm on him yet fortunately) and died in a NM Baal run. WW + IM = deeds. I was trying to be very careful, as I killed the last one on the way to NM Diablo (for the quest) and died due to IM. Last time I was alone which was rather dumb, but this time I had Lib and my friend Jer with me. You would think it would be easy, just dont WW and use Zerk when the IM crew is around. However you can get IM a split second before you start your WW from a just-off-screen IM monster and die immediately. I recommend not WWing at all in the Chaos Sanctuary or on Baal runs and staying away from those areas completely except for the quests. This restriction means you will have to find somewhere else to level.

As for your question, I sadly don't know as neither made it to Hell. But both of mine did quite well in NM. I was using an exceptional (upgraded) 250ed shael Steeldriver.

Good luck!

Norm

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:
Greetings Norm! Good to hear from you!

Well as a matter of coincidence, I just killed another barb (mace WW, was planning on using IK set). This one made it to around lvl70 (hadn't put an anni charm on him yet fortunately) and died in a NM Baal run. WW + IM = deeds. I was trying to be very careful, as I killed the last one on the way to NM Diablo (for the quest) and died due to IM. Last time I was alone which was rather dumb, but this time I had Lib and my friend Jer with me. You would think it would be easy, just dont WW and use Zerk when the IM crew is around. However you can get IM a split second before you start your WW from a just-off-screen IM monster and die immediately. I recommend not WWing at all in the Chaos Sanctuary or on Baal runs and staying away from those areas completely except for the quests. This restriction means you will have to find somewhere else to level.

As for your question, I sadly don't know as neither made it to Hell. But both of mine did quite well in NM. I was using an exceptional (upgraded) 250ed shael Steeldriver.

Good luck!

Thanks, Bud! Man, IM has taken more of my melee chars out than I care to think about. I think I am going to move carefully into the hell acts and level slowly (tortoise strategy! :yep: ) while questing with WW as my main attack. If I put a couple skill points into howl maybe I can scare the IM oblivion knights away while I run for cover! :lol:

Norm

SonOfRah

Diabloii.Net Member
WingBlade said:
Rah, I'm sure your gonna have a blast w/ the alpha.... grats on getting selected.

NDA, I guess are non-disclosure agreements right...
yea NDA = Non-disclosure agreement.

Though some restrictions were relaxed somewhat so that we can talk about the game in process. amazing really - I can't remember ever hearing about a game in alpha with testers allowed to release info.

Its amazing. The whole streaming process is excellent. Less than 200 MB in my instal folder, and I'm getting quality graphics, framerate etc. It looks and feels better than games that I have played that are released. The only major thing is that there is a bunch of balance issues, and alot of maps are still indevelopment.

Definately a game to look out for in the future.

Dubby

Diabloii.Net Member
weekend was pretty eventful.

first off Big SmoooOooch! to jim for coming out and playing!!!! he, trey, mel and i all started new chars and we had a blast.

Secondary SmoooOoches to sky and way (my close-by nieghbors btw) for being such wonderful ppl and running baals nonstop for the past 2 months :p

SecretA

Diabloii.Net Member
SmooOoOOooOooochhhh :)

Good Morning Misfits

It was good playing a bit this weekend.....perhaps I will have to show my face a bit more......

Be safe :)

-Sec

Skydawn

Diabloii.Net Member
Dubby said:
Secondary SmoooOoches to sky and way (my close-by nieghbors btw) for being such wonderful ppl and running baals nonstop for the past 2 months :p
:flip:OOO La la.... Smmmmmmmmmmmmooooooches right back at cha....

Way And I had a productive evening..Baal was nice enough to drop Ways Pally a Saracins and Azurewrath ..then a few other goodies throughout the evening..Now if he'd only be nice enough to drop me Windy,I'd be ever so greatful to him..

Hope everyone had a great weekend ..HUGS to all...Play hard..Stay safe...

Kelicc

Diabloii.Net Member
Morning everyone.

Bad weekend for me. Poison ivy + some sort of stomach virus + a wicked stiff neck. I didn't even make it in to work today. Just taking a break from being in bed to check out some things online.

See ya around.

Kelicc

Diabloii.Net Member
Skydawn said:
Way And I had a productive evening..Baal was nice enough to drop Ways Pally a Saracins and Azurewrath ..
Congrats on the drops. I've been hoping to find Azurewrath as a way to kind of pay you guys back for all the stuff you keep giving me. Guess that's out now. Congrats again.

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
Kelicc said:
Morning everyone.

Bad weekend for me. Poison ivy + some sort of stomach virus + a wicked stiff neck. I didn't even make it in to work today. Just taking a break from being in bed to check out some things online.

See ya around.
U ran out of TP didn't ya... that you used a nearby bush :hanky: next time find a running stream and cleanse off that way...

Seriously tho, feel better...

Dubby

Diabloii.Net Member
hope ya feel better john... wing u are horrible :p

jim i sure hope you come n play more often, ill be bored out my mind at home without some gaming company :)

NobodyII

Diabloii.Net Member
John, I hope you are feeling better. Being up here in a colder climate I don't have to worry about P-Ivy for a few more months.

Well it may be to late, but there are few a few things that I would not mind getting, if available. Arm 0f king Leoric, G-Angel, Hearld of Zak.

If all you people doing a Baal runs need something different to do my cold Sorc could use a Hell PA. :uhhuh:

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
NobodyII said:
Well it may be to late, but there are few a few things that I would not mind getting, if available. Arm 0f king Leoric, G-Angel, Hearld of Zak.

If all you people doing a Baal runs need something different to do my cold Sorc could use a Hell PA. :uhhuh:
I'm sure a HELL PA can be arranged...

Walt, I have a unid GA, it's your if you want... might have an ARM as well, have to chk.... but no HoZ.

Wing

Kelicc

Diabloii.Net Member
NobodyII said:
John, I hope you are feeling better. Being up here in a colder climate I don't have to worry about P-Ivy for a few more months.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Walt, just a word of warning, after contracting the poison ivy, I did some research to see what the best way to get rid of it would be. While looking, I learned that the oil that causes the rash can live on a dead poison ivy branch for up to 5 years. That's how I got mine, I was clearing dead vines away from the back of the garage. Turns out those vines must have been poison ivy :( I'm in a colder climate as well and people are finding it hard to believe that I have poison ivy in March! Lucky me.

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
John, I hope you feel better! Perhaps sharing some of my good news will cheer you up...

First of all, today is my Mother's 60th birthday! :eek:

Second, I just got a phone call with a verbal offer for a new job. I 'verbally' accepted. ;) After being out of work for >14 months, it feels good to get my life moving again! It should be a great job, decent pay/benefits, nearby, and great people/work environment.

NeoHydragen

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I'm glad that you verbally accepted the job offer, on telephones non-verbal answers don't tend to work so well as I've found out :uhhuh:

Congratulations on the job, maybe now you'll have something other than basically nothing to do all day... maybe. Seriously though, congratulations on the job, it sounds like a good job. Speaking of new jobs, I need to get one... You'd think that after 2 years of employment I'd make a little more than $5.25/Hr (min wage is $5.15/Hr in Minnesota) Come to think of it, I think I'll go get a few applications tonight.

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:
John, I hope you feel better! Perhaps sharing some of my good news will cheer you up...

Second, I just got a phone call with a verbal offer for a new job. I 'verbally' accepted. ;) After being out of work for >14 months, it feels good to get my life moving again! It should be a great job, decent pay/benefits, nearby, and great people/work environment.
Grats on your Ma's b-day...

and double grats on the job offer...

After my daughter was born, I was out of a job for around 5 months... and relying on credit cards was essential, so now like 60 - 80% of the US, I'm in debt.

Hope everything works out well for you Pub.

Take care all.

Wayfaring

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:

Congratulations on the new job Pub! :thumbsup:

When you call your Mom for her birthday... be sure to tell her all the misfits said Happy Birthday!! :clap:

NobodyII

Diabloii.Net Member
Kelicc said:
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Walt, just a word of warning, after contracting the poison ivy, I did some research to see what the best way to get rid of it would be. While looking, I learned that the oil that causes the rash can live on a dead poison ivy branch for up to 5 years. That's how I got mine, I was clearing dead vines away from the back of the garage. Turns out those vines must have been poison ivy :( I'm in a colder climate as well and people are finding it hard to believe that I have poison ivy in March! Lucky me.
Learn something every day, thanks for the info. Actually I think you have to be carefull about IVY in general. Many years ago the wife and I were pulling up some ground IVy over several weekends. We ended with a rash of several areas for our body,(arms, legs, neck). This was caused by the sap from the roots. Of course one weekwend was after a rain, so the roots were real full of sap. We did not get the itch like you can from poison Ivy,

cicero said:

Tell her happy birthday from Susan and myself. Congrats on the new job. May you enjoy the work and do well at it.

WingBlade said:
I'm sure a HELL PA can be arranged...

Walt, I have a unid GA, it's your if you want... might have an ARM as well, have to chk.... but no HoZ.

Wing
I could use the GA and Susan would appreciate the ARM.

Kelicc

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:

Happy Birthday to Mama Pub!! :xparty:

Congratulations on the job as well! I know how frustrating it can be when you're out of work. My stepfather went through a similar spell. I would love to get a new job myself but I can't complain too much because at least I have a job :) Congrats!!!