The Isle Of Misfit Players 03/01

NobodyII

Diabloii.Net Member
The Isle Of Misfit Players 03/01

=================================
The Isle Of Misfits Address
=================================

Our Channel is for those that are here to game,
But know that you’ll be banned, if you are lame.

Beggars, botters and those that use ITH,
Aren’t the types we want to hang with.

To all those who have come before,
It’s not our fault that you’re here no more.

Please leave now, if you’re here to ridicule or to flame,
Our channel is for decent people, and we don’t want you in our game.

RESPECT should be the word of the day,
Without that, a Misfit game is where you’ll never play.

The RESPECT we expect can’t be traded, bought, or sold,
It can only be earned, which becomes worth more than gold.

So if you’d like to join our little group,
Welcome to The Isle of Misfits troop.

Remember our motto from which we all smile,
“Ask not what the Isle can do for you, but what you can do for the Isle.â€

NobodyII

Diabloii.Net Member
BlackOpal said:
Hello Misfits

I may as well be like everyone else and say Welcome Back Neo ! ;P

Thought I would tell everyone about our exciting night last night . We went to bed and set the alarm like usual.But this time we were woken at 3:30 AM by a Fire Alarm :rant:

So We both fly out of bed ,and Billy ( 4 year old ) starts screaming because the sound is scaring him.Devin (3 year old ) is still laying in bed trying to fall back asleep (lol..) Bill goes out in the hallway and Im trying to get the kids dressed in their coats etc.

I can hear Bill out in the hall yelling at someone and the landlady hysterically yelling back ( im not sure what her nationality is ,but she can barely speak a sentance of english )

He comes back in and tells me the apartment 2 doors away ,Its door is wide open and it has a blanket of fire going accross its ceiling . This suite has been empty for a few weeks as the lady who lived there just up and moved one night without telling anyone.

So all the tenants are rushing out side in their PJ's with their cats and Bill gets me and the kids to sit in the car while he goes back in to help the old people out :p .

Our neighbor comes up to the car to put his cat in the car so it wont run away ,But when he was trying to put it down it booked it down the road faster than anything :(

So 7 !! fire trucks show up about 2 minutes later and get to work.(Also 3 police cars ,2 Ambulances and one paramedic / fire cheif) They called a transit bus for all the tenants to sit in while they are waiting . It took about 2 hours before they let everyone in ,but since we (and 3 other tenants ) live in the basement ,witch was now flooded with water we were only aloud to go in and get some stuff then we had to find elsewhere to sleep for the rest of the morning. ( Even though our suite ,and the lady accross the halls' as we are at the frount of the building and the fire was at the back...The water didnt reach this far .. Dont know why we couldnt have just stayed)

We ended up going to Bills parents for the morning ,as did the lady from accross the hall.

No one was hurt , hopefully the run away cat will come back .The hall way stinks of smoke though . I went down and looked at the suite ,the entire place is burnt up ,looks like it must have been burning for a while before the alarm went off ( good thing its a brick building ...). Aparently someone set the bed in that suite on fire.In the past month we have had the garbage bin set on fire 5 times also !

Another thing that has happened since that lady pulled her midnight move was ,when she left ,she put a towel in the kitchen sink and left the water running which flooded the entire suite and the hall way before anyone realized she had moved out.And she left behind 15 cats ! Now for what ever reason some one would do this is beyond me =P I guess not all little old ladies are sweet as pie.

Well ,Im done my ranting.I dont usually make long posts ,so I hope you all enjoyed it ! lol

Opal
Glad to see noone was hurt. Hope you had no smoke damage.

BlackOpal

Diabloii.Net Member
No smoke damage ,it didnt really reach us much.

Does this count as # 1 ???

Damn you Kaos ,you snuck in a post while I was typing :scratch:

Skydawn

Diabloii.Net Member
What an Adventure indeed....Glad to hear that You,Mr.Opal and the lil Opalhoppers are all safe..:clap:

p-ball

Banned
well hi hi everyone.

good to hear the isle is still up and running smoothly, even in my abscence as of late :p

well... what have i been doing? wait don't everyone yell at once. i can share. i've been spending a lot of time over at the guild wars site i got involved in with rah. the release of new information is starting to come quicker, which is exciting. apart from my forum moderation duties i've also written an article summarizing and analyzing a recent interview (part two is in the works when the next issue is released) all the while i'm still trying to get in to the invite only alpha testing of it. between my responsibilities there and my school workload, i haven't had a whole lot of time to actually play games.

soooo... my diablo playing are not necessarily over but they are getting farther and farther apart. i have a lot of stuff i accumulated but is not being used. i was thinking that you guys may be able to help me out with that dilemma. i have a list of everything. i've done a couple trades since i made that list, but its still pretty recent. since i'm having issues with yahoo, i am unable to post it, but if anyone is interested in seeing it and staking some claims i can pm or email it to you. if you can't find me, pub has access to them too (i think i sent it to ya at some point ;)). i'll still be around, but i'm guessing i won't be online all that much especially if i can get myself into testing guild wars.

sorry for the long rambling post. i'll shut up now.

just to let everyone know all those little pictures under my name work. msn/aim/icq all are current.

until next time i pop in
chris aka Phur aka pball aka phurrybutt ;)

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
p-ball said:
if you can't find me, pub has access to them too (i think i sent it to ya at some point ;)).
Oh my, the responsibility is overwhelming! :lol: Yeah, I got access to the phurry one's account. Maybe I'll take a look in there today and see what's what. (Is it just the one account?)

Keep us up to date on the Guild Wars thing. D2 won't be around forever and I think GW could be a good alternative. I'm pretty interested anyway and could see me playing it when it finally comes out. I've been over to your fansite too, but I feel weird posting about a game that's not out. Maybe I'll stop in for a phur-is-a-terd post. ;)

Louisifier

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow....things going crazy here....

Opal glad to hear you and your family are ok :thumbsup: it can be scarey stuff....

Phur, where is the review you have written? Is it somewhere we can read it?
(I am interested in getting your list to see what needs dusting off :spy: )

I do have a few questions about MFing in NM. I have been doing some Meph runz with my barb and lvling his merc in durance.....I havn't had much of a problem but I am curious if there is any other place to mf in nm??? I really don't want to do baal cause its not so freindly down there for a melee char.

Also, is there any good armor that can give you str and resis? My merc's resis in hell is really bad but I need his +20 str in armor for his bonehew :scratch: any ideas fellow misfits??

Well, Be Safe All....

Wayfaring

Diabloii.Net Member
Louisifier said:
Also, is there any good armor that can give you str and resis? My merc's resis in hell is really bad but I need his +20 str in armor for his bonehew :scratch: any ideas fellow misfits??

Dureil's had resists and +15 str iirc... a "Lionheart" armor is +25 str and 30 resists

Kelicc

Diabloii.Net Member
Louisifier said:

Well, Be Safe All....
Lionheart!!

+25 Strength
+30 All resists

Hel+Lum+Fal

:thumbsup:

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Louisifier said:
Howdy Lou,

If you have the runes, make a Lionheart armor. +25 str, +30 all resists. And other good mods too.

Or go the cheap route: 4-socket armor, 3-socket helm. Ral, Ort, Tal, Thul, and amethysts for strength. Or use jewels.

P/S/E in NM can also drop reasonably well, but act bosses are the only sure bets in NM, in my experience.

-Phil

EDIT: rofl, I'm the slowest misfit on the isle. How will I ever become a dentist?

Kelicc

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations to Wayfaring for becoming the #5 Sorceress on the Sorceress ladder last night :clap:

Many thanks to Skydawn and Wayfaring for their generosity as well :thumbsup:

DFA-FrstbyteOO

Diabloii.Net Member
Morning Misfits! Long time me no post. :p Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well. Opal glad things were okay in all that mess.

I havent had a whole lot of playing anything time either really. work is super busy here these days and between that and taking care of a wife and house, does'nt leave much time for much else. I really do need to get on D2 to at least say Hi.

Ive come to the decision I should give John (yes you John!) my accounts and pwds just in case any of you would happen to need any of the stuff I have collected, it would be better put to use Im sure. Ill contact you in-game or thru aim or something bud :) youre getting them no matter how much you protest you dont want them! :p

clsurfer

Diabloii.Net Member
Been a while since my last post, hope everyone is having fun (with or without smoke). I've been consumed by my new found hobby of Starcraft/Broodwar multiplayer against human adverseries. :)

@Louisifier
Lacking the runes, you can do one of the following:

Duriel's Shell (If 15 is not enough, add a P. Amythest, later can be removed for better socket).

Griz Armor (Ort, Ral, Thul) <--this thing costs a dime a dozen.

Kelicc

Diabloii.Net Member
DFA-FrstbyteOO said:
Morning Misfits! Long time me no post. :p Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well. Opal glad things were okay in all that mess.

I havent had a whole lot of playing anything time either really. work is super busy here these days and between that and taking care of a wife and house, does'nt leave much time for much else. I really do need to get on D2 to at least say Hi.

Ive come to the decision I should give John (yes you John!) my accounts and pwds just in case any of you would happen to need any of the stuff I have collected, it would be better put to use Im sure. Ill contact you in-game or thru aim or something bud :) youre getting them no matter how much you protest you dont want them! :p
Like I told you on instant messenger.....Bah, I don't need your accounts and passwords! You need to play more :)