The Iron Man Barbarian build guide for Single Play

Neely022

Diabloii.Net Member
That was more than just a thorough guide. It was actually fun to read. However, you sure do make it sound like a daunting build. I'm not a poor player by any means, but I found myself questioning my ability to make one of these barbs when I realized that I don't have a Leviathan or Steel Carapace. Anywho, I'm sure I'll be able to make a successful one without that stuff. Thanks for the great read

Kremtok

Diabloii.Net Member
Awesome work on this guide! When you are ready for it, I will submit your work to be posted in the stragegy compendium. Make whatever revisions are necessary, then send me an e-mail or pm. Thanks for your hard work.

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Noted that I goofed on the beast rune word weapon for a merc. None of the Mercs can use an axe, sceptre or hammers. good pick up magickpimp.

wildjinn.

None taken. I work in basic wordpad because i find it easier to write in the bold and colour switches with out ms words telling me off all the time. Also I dont rely on the spell checker and being an aussie, we spell some words differently such as colour/color. Ill make a better effort with the next version.

ricrestoni & Neely022.

Hmm. You know, your both right. I automatically equipped my own iron man barb with all the best items while playing him and never realised that the build could work untwinked. Mind you, in trials, I could park this guy in hell cows, walk away and get a drink and come back and find him hardly injured. he was bordering on overkill protection. while playing him, the only time he died was off course, hell act four, diablo's sanctuary and the iron maiden curse.

BIGeyeBUG.

Iron man, iron man, yeah I know what your refering too, but I can't remember what game its from atm. ToEE?

Kremtok.

Thanks dude. Ill work a revision and repost. Shouldn't take me too long.

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
aso a few things ironman was the restricted rule set for diablo 1 where you could not use shops and so on.

also you forget that some items max your poison res

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
'Um'
Defense: 342
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Strength: 102
Required Level: 83
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: xxxxxxxxxx
+30 to Strength
+121% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist -15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +15%
Poison Resist +85%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist<---------------------------max poison res
10% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to All Skill Levels
15% Chance to cast Level 15 Poison Nova when struck
Level 3 Venom (20/20 Charges)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

this gives for example a char such as my avenger 95 res all in hell dunno how high you could get it on a barb...

Dragonlancers

Diabloii.Net Member
build guide for Single Play

hi Asmodeous, great giud, i've been trying to biuld a barb to withstand anything and everthing now i found that barb, sad to say i dont have d2-lod x-pac but d2c-(classic), and i beleave i alrady have ironbarb gear,

rockfleece

ward

duskdeep

death set glove/sash

2 cath's rings

4% mana L/rests amulet

boots still looking for

i hope this gear is good enough for ironbarb in classic.

keep up the good work, your b.net uswest friend
TalonsBlade

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
@asmodeous: nice looking guide. In case nobody picked you up on it in your shield section you recomended an um'd stormshield. a pdiamond works better in shields than um.

Sledge

Diabloii.Net Member
lone_wolf said:
aso a few things ironman was the restricted rule set for diablo 1 where you could not use shops and so on.

also you forget that some items max your poison res

Andariel's Visage

this gives for example a char such as my avenger 95 res all in hell dunno how high you could get it on a barb...
i prefer Venom Grip (5% max poison res)
as for 95 res all: (with guardian angel)
with thundergods vigor (10% max lightning)
and Nokozan Relic (10% max fire)
and a Runemaster (5% cold) would work

there are probably better ways to equip your barb though

@corax pdiamond =19 res all, um = 22 res all...

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
"a pdiamond works better in shields than um"
Since when?? doesn't Um give 2-3% more resists in a shield? I know that's not gonna make a huge difference but is still nice, especially when your character is built around tanking.

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
Since when?? doesn't Um give 2-3% more resists in a shield? I know that's not gonna make a huge difference but is still nice, especially when your character is built around tanking.
Um is much more expensive than one Pdiamond :) You can get that 3% from a small charm if it is really a must to have. I would never use Um instead of Pdiamond in a shield

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
"a pdiamond works better in shields than um"
i would like to withdraw my previous statement on the grounds of i am a certifiable n00b! i was thinking of the value for armour/helms as thats the only place my um's go. oopsy

thanks sledge and chimaira :D

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I used Um for my tanking javazon in 1.09, I felt a little guilty about it since I have only found 6 Um's... but the concept of a character that can take whatever the monsters dish out is simply too cool.

XorceR

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice guide!
This is a great build, although I didn't have time to make one yet. But my roommate has a clvl ** iron barb using concentrate and it really rocks. Even with a mere 1k defense armor he has around 20k defense while hitting. I think he uses a lightsabre,which isn't exactly the highest dam weapon but works very well. And it's pretty good against PI's as well.

Ahh, and one more thing. Concentrate is uninterruptable, which also gives a great bonus to safety for the conc iron barb.

Dragonlancers

Diabloii.Net Member
build guide for Single Play

hmmmm after maxing shout, bo, ironskin, sword mastery, should i max concentrate my barbs lvl23 now with all skills at lvl1 except sword mastery lvl2, shout lvl12