Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Infinity Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Samsung, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Samsung

Samsung Banned

The Infinity Thread

Alright guys, I've decided to cube an Infinity. I was inspired by this thread:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=417123&highlight=Legit+infinity

I only have 3 Gul runes to use towards this. So i'll be doing nothing but hellforge rushing myself and trading for Gul runes.

Since I am not really interested in baaling my sorceress anymore, this is my new project!

According to Xeyloderixed, I need 64 guls to cube into 32 vexes to 16 ohms to 8 Los to 4 Surs to 2 Bers. Wow that's alot of runes. It's going to hurt me deeply to lose 16 ohm runes. Anyways wish me luck and i'll keep this updated as much as I can.

2. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I take it you already have one Ber rune?

If not, it'll be more like 96 Guls. It might be easier to trade for something like a Sur, since that rune has limited use...unless of course, you're planning to cube it.

-GG

3. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

If you only have 3 Guls, then you will need to HF rush the runes to cube 3 bers, Enigma is Jah/Ith/Ber... So that's 96 Guls total.

30 sets of 7 HF rushes will get you a Ber, so you're looking at 90 sets of 7 rushes at an average of say 3 hours per rush, 270 hours of HF rushing:shocked:

Not that it can't be done, it'll just take time.... Good luck with it.

4. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

Eleven days, six hours of nonstop play. Much faster then it takes to get to 99. Not that your any less sane. Just saying...

5. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Ugh, I'm an idiot. I was thinking of cubing an enigma, but I meant to say the runeword infinity. It would be much more useul considering I don't really play any of my characters other than my light sork.

@Gubergrape: I'm planning on trading for only Gul runes. It would be easy for me to trade for two ber runes, and I don't want my project to end to soon.

6. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I don't know if I'd have the Fortitude to put that many runes into the cube and click.

I might be filled with Grief over it.

I might even swear an Oath that I'd never do it again, that my Heart of the Oak was indeed hardened to cube up those precious runes.

I know I'd experience considerable Duress, but really, this is a Call to Arms to everyone who thinks that high runewords are just an Enigma, just another Beast, that unnamed Chaos that will live for all Eternity.

This is your Dream, your Passion, and you are bound to it with Chains of Honor!

Go forth and conquer....INFINITY.

-GG

7. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

GG pretty much summed it up. Waisting two bers on that would be a no go for me. Especially since it's for a merc.

8. Samsung

Samsung Banned

That made me laugh. Wish I was that creative :shocked:
    I don't think it would be a waste. It would help my light sork greatly when I'm running the pits or running WSK.

9. Peppe

Peppe IncGamers Member

10. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

The disadvantage of LK runs is that when you get tired of them and quit, you have much less to show for it. If sammy goes 10% of the way doing hellforge rushes... that's still a pile of runes that can be used for other purposes. LK runs are feast or famine... mostly famine.

11. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

I agree with Shags, I currently on the same project and 'only' :badteeth: a Sur away from Infinity (an ist too). I wish you goodluck, I will work harder, I want to be the 1st person to have an Infinity RW on SPF :thumbsup:

-sal

12. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

:shocked:

Are you sure about that??? Not only is Ber one of the hardest r00nz to find, but given its got so many uses, its also one of the most popular. Demand is high, but supply is not, so price is therefore through the roof. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I offered my entire stash for a Ber rune and couldn't find any takers.

But never the less, I wish you luck in your quest.

13. Samsung

Samsung Banned

@steven: thanks. I know ber's are expensive, but I meant I just want to get my infinity from cubing Gul runes. If xeyloderixed did it, i'm sure I can do it.

Lowerkurast runs aren't something I really like doing. i can do maybe 50 and I get incredibly bored, and won't do any for the next few days. Popping chests is fun and all, but it's not my cup of tea.

14. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

the reason xey did it was so he knew it was legit, since guls werent common to be duped.
    i forgot what point i was trying to make with the above. ><
    good luck, post a log of your hf drops.
    I think this is my first time posting in spf :eek:

15. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Xey:
    -also traded for Ists and Guls which he then cubed up. So he didn't actually find every rune he started with.
    -had Sip helping him trade for said runes, so he didn't do it alone.
    -had no job
    -had no life outside of Diablo 2
    -had a very great wealth (itamz) behind him helping to fund his quest.
    -also had a full f-list of people helping, encouraging, and most likely donating too.

Damn, I miss Xey~~!! *crais*

Anyway Cruel, I'm not trying to discourage you! I think its a great quest to undertake. I'm just trying to make sure things are in perspective. I wish to have one for myself one day!

Good luck!
    -hps

16. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Getting HRs from HF rushing is definately possible, you just have to really really want whatever you're planning on making. If you do the rushes and the collection separately it becomes a lot less boring I've found, as collecting up to 49 Hell HFs in one go makes you quickly forget about the boredom of rushing those characters all the way to A4 hell. If you plan on doing the rishes in 1.09 it all becomes a lot faster, for example my rushes take a maximum of 1 hour 15minutes, which includes the time taken to collect 7 Horadric staves and ammys in normal. The collecting then takes about 20-30 minutes (I don't collect NM forges now, I found they weren't adding much). In 1.11, as grogs said, that would likely take about 3 hours for the rushing and collecting parts

I'm only 21 Gul runes away from having a HF rushed Enigma (I could make Infinity now and beat salvo to it:wink3: ) and whilst I've spent a lot of time on it I expect the result to be worth it. Even if I am getting near to 500 characters rushed to the hell HF, which doesn't even include the other HF rushes I've done:tongue:

17. Samsung

Samsung Banned

I was actually debating whether or not to create a classic sorceress and just rush all of my characters through classic like that. It would be less hassle since I don't have to deal with act5, and then I could just move the classic character to expansion and finish the hellforge quests for NM and Hell with my light sork.

@HP: I know xey traded for most of his runes, but I want to make a 'self found' infinity. It would be one major accomplishment for me. Not to mention it would keep me occupied instead of being so bored when leveling my barb.

Update - 4 Gul runes found so far. 3 Gul runes which I have saved up, and this new found Gul rune from Hell Hellforge.

18. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I admire your comitment! and I will be jealous of your Infinity when it is complete! If you happen to do too many HF rushes and end up with... oh I donno 4 Ber's, feel free to send me the 2 extra!

I'm planning on getting set up for HF rushes myself sometime in the future. I can't decide what I want to do less. Rush through act 5, or create a Classic sorc. ugh....

-hps

19. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Is there a call for HF rushes?

20. Samsung

Samsung Banned

I've actually spent most of last night and all of today working on a classic sorc.
    I'll post when she makes queen, but she is currently in act2 NM and is level 52. Countess Love will be my new HF rush sork, and i've found some nice gear while leveling. She is slightly twinked, like a unique blade (can't remember name), a gull dagger, and various other items.