The Infinity Pure Cold Sorc

redground

Diabloii.Net Member
The Infinity Pure Cold Sorc

For this starting ladder i came with the idea of building a pure cold sorc that would not find imunities.

A pure cold sorc with a infinity (using it or leaving with the merc) would be pretty effective, since the infinity would breake the imunities and the CM would amplify the damge due lowering the monsters resistense.

It would not need that many FCR since Orb and Blizz have a slow cast rate, it is a PvM build.

the build would like something like:

20 orb
20 blizz
20 ice bolt
20 ice blast
10 CM (depending on the + skill itens)
Tele
Shiver armor
Static
1 pre rec
rest on spike (or blast, depending on what u consider the best option)

Itens:
Helm - Nightwing with facet
Armor - Blizz Ormus with facet or CoH
Belt - Arach
Rings - Sojs
Ammy - P Maras
Boots -
Glooves -
Weap1 - Infinity, Death Fanton or wizardspike for fcr on teleporting
Shield1 - none or Spirit
Weap2 - CTA
Shield2 - Spirit

+ cold skills GC and resist sc

Would it work? I am not a experient player, i just gessed it would be a good set up.

Please leave sugestions and critics.

(sorry if there are grammar mistakes, my english is kinda rusty)

Coldsmoke

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: The Infinity Pure Cold Sorc

Infi can't break most cold immune monsters.
and since you already have coldmastery, the lower resist from infi is useless on non-immune monsters.

redground

Diabloii.Net Member

Infi can't break most cold immune monsters.
and since you already have coldmastery, the lower resist from infi is useless on non-immune monsters.
u adjust ur cold mastery considering the effects of conviction, than u can maximize the synergies of orb and blizz, that is what i thought.

redground

Diabloii.Net Member

oh, too bad, i thought it could be fun to play... guess gona make a light cold then...

Saint Anger

Diabloii.Net Member

Just thought I'd add a bit to Coldsmoke's post: Unless I'm mistaken the -to enemy cold resist from cold mastery (or other sources) only works after cold immunes have already been broken. Sadly, most monsters have a cold resist that is high enough to make it remain "immune" even after Infinity's conviction aura comes into effect.

I believe lightning is the only skill where most immunes are broken by Infinity. Not sure about fire/poison, though.

By the way, since it's been mentioned, the "-(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)" mod on Infinity only works on the single enemy that you or your merc is targeting/attacking (depending on who wields the infinity - usually your merc). So it won't have an effect on every monster on the screen - only on the monster your merc is fighting at that time (if he is the one wielding the Infinity).

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member

I believe lightning is the only skill where most immunes are broken by Infinity. Not sure about fire/poison, though.
Conviction does not lower poison resistance, only fire/cold/lgt.

By the way, since it's been mentioned, the "-(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)" mod on Infinity only works on the single enemy that you or your merc is targeting/attacking (depending on who wields the infinity - usually your merc).
Your character does not benefit from the -lgt res at all if your merc holds the Infinity. The -res works only for the character/merc who is wielding the item.

Saint Anger

Diabloii.Net Member

Your character does not benefit from the -lgt res at all if your merc holds the Infinity. The -res works only for the character/merc who is wielding the item.
That was exactly what I posted, though.

AgentMarth

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm sorry, but that is just not gonna happen. It also seems very poorly thought out.

My thoughts:

Infinity - You really think you will be able to get one anytime soon? Its the start of the new ladder, there is no way you will be able to get on (legitimately) anytime soon. The whole breaking res has been covered already.

Orb & Blizz - I see no, NO reason to max both. You either go one or the other, never both.

Nightwing - Again, one dropping is unlikely, let along a Facet along with it.

Blizz Ormus - Even harder to find since the skill is random.

CoH - Ber=HR so again tough to get ahold of.

Basically all of the gear is high end and not gonna fall in your lap anytime soon, be it the Fathom, Soj's, Arach, CTA, Perfect Mara's, Skillers and anything else basically you plan on. If you plan on making her months down the line, you have a shot, but otherwise, its a bad choice for the start of the ladder.

redground

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm sorry, but that is just not gonna happen. It also seems very poorly thought out.

My thoughts:

Infinity - You really think you will be able to get one anytime soon? Its the start of the new ladder, there is no way you will be able to get on (legitimately) anytime soon. The whole breaking res has been covered already.

Orb & Blizz - I see no, NO reason to max both. You either go one or the other, never both.

Nightwing - Again, one dropping is unlikely, let along a Facet along with it.

Blizz Ormus - Even harder to find since the skill is random.

CoH - Ber=HR so again tough to get ahold of.

Basically all of the gear is high end and not gonna fall in your lap anytime soon, be it the Fathom, Soj's, Arach, CTA, Perfect Mara's, Skillers and anything else basically you plan on. If you plan on making her months down the line, you have a shot, but otherwise, its a bad choice for the start of the ladder.

it was not supose to be one setup for the start, i aways think a lot before making chars, to make then worth. I didnt have the knoledge that most cold resists cant be broken in hell.

So now i am going for a pure light infinity, i really like sorcs fast killing, but i just hate imunities, so i will probably use infinity as my primary weapon to have the advantage of the -55 light resist, but only in about 3 months, or more...probably.

for now i am making a lightorb sorc, it will suck, but i just wanted to try it in a real ladder game.