The IK Concentration Barbarian?

Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Diabloii.Net Member
The IK Concentration Barbarian?

I'm really considering a Concentration IK Barbarian FOR DUELING. If it IS approved by many of your experts, I'll get an IK armour ASAP. I think it would be great because:

1. The defense increased will be extremely useful against melee.

2. Added defense makes it even better! :lol:

3. Lots of resistance for casters (even more if I add in absorb)

4. Cold, Fire, Lightning, and Magic damage from maul!

I'm going to use Highlord's, Raven, and ?!!?!? for the second ring.

Skills:

Concentration: 20
Battle Orders: 20
Iron Skin: 10
Shout: 10
Battle Command: 1
Berserk: 1
Whirlwind: 1
Mace Mastery: 20

Good?

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't forget a point of natural resists.

You might manage to do ok, though the lack of a shield hurts, but it should still be fun ;) . Smiters will tear you to pieces though =/

-Hal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Diabloii.Net Member
BTW: Is it smart to have NO dex added?? First, I don't need it for equipment, and I don't need it for a shield... More Vitality for me = survival!

Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Diabloii.Net Member
Come one! Dex or no Dex?

BTW: I'm going to use Cat's Eye, as I think the R/W speed (need to run like a MADMAN!), the extra dex, and the IAS is going to do great on this barb! Then, I get 20 dex (perfect Raven), and IK gloves (? boots or gloves) give another huge boost to dex.

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Maul barbs typically go no dex, but if you're going to be dueling, your hit % is going to suffer in general. You should look into using the angelic amulet/rings, as they can add many thousand ar, and the best pvp barb tend to have at least 20k+. After that, just get enough str to wear your gear and pump vit like crazy.

-Hal

Jade_Statues

Diabloii.Net Member
Just to add in my 2 cents, I have an IK Conc/WW Barb, made mainly for pvm. Now I tried him out in pvp, and while hes not the "best" there is, he has made me truly love dueling with barbs... because of that, i went through GREAT lengths (trading on D2 sucks) to procure and enigma and botd for my new pvp barb. So, my two cents is this, not perfect, but a hell of alot of fun.

Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:
Maul barbs typically go no dex, but if you're going to be dueling, your hit % is going to suffer in general. You should look into using the angelic amulet/rings, as they can add many thousand ar, and the best pvp barb tend to have at least 20k+. After that, just get enough str to wear your gear and pump vit like crazy.

-Hal
Hmmm... good idea. I'll dig into Raven, Angelic Ring and Amulet.

sahlakh

Diabloii.Net Member
Mech-Sheep Arsenal said:
Hmmm... good idea. I'll dig into Raven, Angelic Ring and Amulet.
My advice: forget PvP with IK set. Without a shield you're getting owned so hard :(. I've dueled three IK barbs with my barb at the same team, if that tells you something.. :p

For the most fun, make a basic WW barb going semi-titan IMO.

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998 said:
How come you need no dex at all with IK set?
Because none of the items have a dex requirement, and since the weapon is two handed, you can't use a shield, thus don't need dex for max block. Sure, dex gives AR, but only at 4 points per attribute investment, so it's not worth it; you can get a ton of ar easily from charms and items.

-Hal