The "I am Overburdened" Tournament!

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Fixed it for you!

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
Forum Name      Hero Name      Class       Level     HC/SC    Last Waypoint         Personalized Item
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PhineasB        Septimus       Druid          54     SC       Dry Hills NM          -
Oakbrain        Izaida         Assassin       49     HC       Black Marsh NM        -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts     Druid          47     SC       Rogue Encampment NM   -
hackedagainanda Oxygen         Paladin        42     HC       Cold Plains NM        -
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        34     HC       Harragoth             -
jonnyphive      Barb           Barbarian      30     HC       Kurast Bazaar         -
Rosy Maple      Malice         Assassin       28     HC       Kurast Docks          -
Chaostar        Triin          Amazon         25     HC       Arcane Sanctuary      -
Jocular         Flick          Druid          23     HC       The Maggot Lair       -
Dazliare        Melisandre     Assassin       21     HC       Lut Gholein           -
Ghonn           Orianna        Amazon         21     SC       Lut Gholein           -
Maltatai        Theodora       Sorceress      21     SC       Lut Gholein           -
Pb_pal          Thangail       Paladin        20     HC       Lut Gholein           -
Hutton          Boris          Necromancer    15     HC       Dark Wood             -
CaseyJones      Ninjara        Assassin       14     HC       Dark Wood             -
Peytron         Lawrence       Barbarian       1     SC       Rogue Encampment      -
srrw            TBA            TBA             0     HC       Rogue Encampment      -
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):
Forum Name      Hero Name      Class       Level     HC/SC    Last Waypoint         Personalized Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dazliare        Tryste         Sorceress     >32     HC       Pandemonium Fortress  -

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
@ioupainmax for sure you knew there was some guide somewhere... i just didn't remember it was yours ;) I don't see your signature tho, i must have some configuration disturbance somewhere :confused:

So @Kstil3227 - and anyone who may be interested afterall - here's the link, and it's pretty complete:
ioupainmax's guide to table handling

Didn't have time to play this week-end, but was glad to see new people here!

GL runners!

Last edited:

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
Well did take my dose of D2... hit Cold plain's NM and cleaned Den of evil, hitting lvl 48 in the process, on /p8.

Pumping back Grizzly now, will max it before improving any other skill. Nothing to disclose really, so here's a state. And i'm full in cube and stash, btw... i'll have to sell some useless rocks!

Would have said Hubearity, but i'm not in Akara's head...

The only drop kept on this - short - session:

Going max vita... but will need to put some dex/find some AR somewhere:

See you on next update!

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PhineasB        Septimus       Druid          54     SC       Dry Hills NM          -
Oakbrain        Izaida         Assassin       49     HC       Black Marsh NM        -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts     Druid          48     SC       Cold plains NM        -
hackedagainanda Oxygen         Paladin        42     HC       Cold Plains NM        -
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        34     HC       Harragoth             -
jonnyphive      Barb           Barbarian      30     HC       Kurast Bazaar         -
Rosy Maple      Malice         Assassin       28     HC       Kurast Docks          -
Chaostar        Triin          Amazon         25     HC       Arcane Sanctuary      -
Jocular         Flick          Druid          23     HC       The Maggot Lair       -
Dazliare        Melisandre     Assassin       21     HC       Lut Gholein           -
Ghonn           Orianna        Amazon         21     SC       Lut Gholein           -
Maltatai        Theodora       Sorceress      21     SC       Lut Gholein           -
Pb_pal          Thangail       Paladin        20     HC       Lut Gholein           -
Hutton          Boris          Necromancer    15     HC       Dark Wood             -
CaseyJones      Ninjara        Assassin       14     HC       Dark Wood             -
Peytron         Lawrence       Barbarian       1     SC       Rogue Encampment      -
srrw            TBA            TBA             0     HC       Rogue Encampment      -
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dazliare        Tryste         Sorceress     >32     HC       Pandemonium Fortress  -

Kstil3227

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 5 update on Captain America...cleared every monster from town to Anya, gained 6.5 lvls doing so, which allowed me to max Vengeance, next up is maxing conviction. Currently sitting at the Glacial Trail WP with Anya safely back in HarrOgath. My reward for her rescue was actually an upgrade for once with the shield having 2 os and 14 all res, which my 2 flawless diamonds went into nicely for a total of +42 all res :):)...now the work week starts, so hopefully there will be time to finish Act 5 this week. Stash has 1 empty slot left, cube has 6 open slots and inventory has 10...so there's still a little left before being OVERBURDENED. Found my first AMN rune which is always great! cubed up most of the runes and made another THUL. Now to find a replacement armor for myself and hopefully an upgradeable pike better than the one Emilio has to use the recipe on. Also have 2 perf. topaz's ready for a helm or armor.

Screenshot034.jpg Screenshot035.jpg Screenshot036.jpg Screenshot037.jpg Screenshot038.jpg Screenshot039.jpg Screenshot040.jpg

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
Babyhell        BabyBeasts     Druid          48     SC       Cold plains NM        -
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        41.5   HC       Glacial Trail         -
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):
[/QUOTE]

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice progress @Babyhell and welcome to the tourney @Kstil3227

Septimus moved along through A2 NM as breaks from Nihl runs with the untwinked 99er necro. Up through Temple, then the Palace to AS, then AS to the true tomb and Duriel, and finishing things up in the false tombs earlier this evening. Truly nothing of note/use to him up until the tombs, except a Ring of Fortune (22). A Ko dropped in the true tomb, and then the Duriel fight was a chore with the weak firestorm, involving 4 trips back to town. Drop was fun, with Rixot's, but not useful for him:
A2 NM (Ko #1).jpg
A2 NM (Duriel fight).jpg
A2 NM (Durial drop).jpg
The tombs were a challenge, with 6 of 7 having Unravellers. He picked up Ko #2, as well as a GC from a Ghost champ that allowed him to start using up pgems that were crowding the stash (but no useful reroll yet):
A2 NM (Ko #2).jpg
And then almost ended his journey. We were in a narrow hallway between rooms, with several Unraveller packs and slow going unable to get a foothold. So he moved ahead to target an Unraveller with Volcano and a new Grizzly, but that woke up an extra fast amp'ed pack of Ghosts and Champ beetles. He ran back, but was blocked in by resurrected skeletons and had no escape route. Summoning Grizzly by him relieved some pressure, but the merc had been amp'ed and died, and he was still boxed in. So he took a gamble and ran through to the other room, which had another couple Unraveller packs. But he summoned Grizzly and managed to get past them and out through the room to an area he'd already cleared for the escape. Here's the safe landing spot with TP open:
A2 NM (NDE).jpg
The last had Kaa, who was a joy with a Champ pack of Unravellers and at least one other plain Unraveller. But he was safely managed, and Septimus moves onto A3:
A2 NM (Kaa).jpg
I don't plan to full clear early jungle areas, but it may be a while before he moves through that stretch. I'm hoping to get some Baal runs in with one of the other untwinked 99ers and will be gone most of next weekend into the next week, with family visiting the rest of the week.

Good luck to all the participants!

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
PhineasB        Septimus       Druid          60     SC       Kurast Docks NM       -
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        41.5   HC       Glacial Trail         -
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
Fairly large update for Melisandre -

Act 2 is complete! Upon reaching Lut Gholein, I quickly shopped a Bone Shield of Deflecting, which not only looks awesome on an assassin, but makes reaching and maintaining max block much more achievable. I had almost no block on Tryste because sorcs don't have great stat growth, and I'm noticing a huge difference. I'll definitely keep max block for Melisandre.

I was pretty lucky in gambling gloves and boots of fortune in act 1, so I spent some gold gambling circlets in Act 2. This one would have been great for another character:

Screenshot028.jpg

I held onto it for a bit for the +dex and all res, but pretty quickly sold it for space

I leveled entirely with wake of fire and Shadow Warrior from 24+, and found the tombs to be a lot of fun. Wake of Fire is so good against large groups of fodder like skeletons. I found this unique amulet in one of the tombs:

Screenshot030.jpg

Nokozan Relic, and Lysander was happy to take it off my hands. Duriel himself was annoying, but not dangerous. His drop was junk:

Screenshot031.jpg

In act 3, at level 30, I swapped over to lightning sentry/death sentry. A bit slower than wake of fire, but that will change in a few more levels. I kept gambling circlets, and I found this excellent one, but then accidentally vendored it and didn't have enough gold to buy it back :(

Screenshot032.jpg

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
PhineasB        Septimus       Druid          60     SC       Kurast Docks NM       -
Dazliare        Melisandre     Assassin       32     HC       Kurast Bazaar         -
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):

jonnyphive

Diabloii.Net Member
Great progress to so many. It's very cool seeing this tournament going so strong! Loving my vacation but still pretty excited to get back to Barb when the dust settles late this weekend!

Kstil3227

Diabloii.Net Member
ACT 5 Complete for Captain America! Finished at level 48.75ish, still need to run norm cows to finish up normal completely...cows aren't happening now though. Next time. On to the finish of ACT 5. Left the glacial trail and proceeded up to the Frozen Tundra...chased down all the little Rascals and took on all the beasts til there was no more left. Ran in the Ancient Tunnels full head of steam...boy did those Slashers and Frenzytaurs have a different plan than I did...I had to keep a close eye on that health globe. It depleted very fast at times when multiple spikes + Frenzytaurs were on me...but Captain America would not give up and pushed onward to the Summit. Madawc, Kolic, and Talic were no match for the Captain and his side kick Emilio...only took 2 belt fulls of Health/Mana pots...Proceed down into the World Stone Mr. America. No challenges there, nor in the throne til Lister hit us like a Mac Truck on the freeway! I had to separate them into groups of 2. Got them all down and onto Baal on p8...no dropping players setting til I am into NM somewhere (hopefully far into NM). Baal had promising drops for sure. Rare Gothic Plate with FHR, Life, and Res. (BIG UPGRADE), War Sword from Throne room was soon nul and void after Baal dropped a rare Rondel with +138% damage, 30% IAS, +Necro skill :mad: but still boosts damage so it'll work for NM, circlet was junk for a Pally +2 PnB and fire res. :(….Baal was all about a necro when a Pally killed him. Thanks for nothing (Except that armor and weapon :);))

So once in NM, depending on res. I have duel res booties & 20 all res. circlet in the stash, also still have my crafted blood gloves to use. Rocked 100% MF exactly in Act 5. (25%MF on gloves, boots, ammy and circlet) I have gems, jewels, and runes lined up ready to craft some safety amulets once I reach a better crafting lvl. (+% to block) will help on a lot in NM. Also I am ready to upgrade a weapon for either myself or Emilio, gotta check the exceptional weapon req. for STR and DEX. Could also upgrade the Gothic Plate once the Captain can meet the REQ. stats.

Til next time STAY SAFE AND GOOD LUCK!

Screenshot005.jpg Screenshot006.jpg Screenshot007.jpg Screenshot008.jpg Screenshot009.jpg Screenshot010.jpg Screenshot011.jpg

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        48.75  HC       Rouge Camp NM        -
Dazliare        Melisandre     Assassin       32     HC       Kurast Bazaar         - 
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):
[/QUOTE]

Kstil3227

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't move myself ahead of Oxygen do to the waypoints...per level yes but I was going off of farther progress. If its based on char level then I will move accordingly.

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't move myself ahead of Oxygen do to the waypoints...per level yes but I was going off of farther progress. If its based on char level then I will move accordingly.
Yes it is (or at least it is how I do :D), you can update I guess ;)

Also, if you remove the final QUOTE closing tag(s) at the end of your updates, it'll be perfect!

Great progress btw, congrats for accessing nightmare!

Kstil3227

Diabloii.Net Member
Small update....Cows are dead. Gained a whopping 3,430 exp :Do_O. Cows were no match for Captain America. Most only took a 2-3 hits to become ground beef. 2 unique drops on the Moo Moo Farm...Gore Foot and Tarnhelm. found 3 runes (Tal, Ral, Sol) so not a total waste worth of runes and gathered up 200k+ in gold for gambling and such.

until next time. Stay Safe and Good Luck.

Also updated the table based on Lvl/exp. :p

Screenshot001.jpg Screenshot003.jpg Screenshot004.jpg Screenshot012.jpg
The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        48.75  HC       Rouge Camp NM         -
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
Melisandre has completed Act 4, which puts me squarely in one of my favorite sections of any single pass playthrough. I really like act 5 in general, and in normal you get so much xp from it. Not to mention the affixes that open up in the level 40s for gambling.

That last part of act 3 went without a hitch - 75% block makes things a lot safer. I found a gem shrine in one of the temples and used it to upgrade a flawless ruby:

Screenshot034.jpg

I used this to make my first crafted item on this character, which came out ok:

Hailstone Strap
Belt
Defense: 5
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0xc7760f9a
Item Level: 25
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
2% Life stolen per hit
9% Chance of Open Wounds
+1 to Strength
+19 to Life
+4 to Mana
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

I also gambled these unbelievable boots:

Death Shank
Boots
Defense: 2
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x8c374465
Item Level: 32
Version: Expansion 1.10+
12% Chance to cast level 4 Nova when struck
+20% Faster Run/Walk
Heal Stamina Plus 50%
Cold Resist +23%
Fire Resist +22%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Dual res, mf, frw, oh my!

Act 4 was quick and painless, with very little to speak about. I went through ~400k gold gambling amulets, circlets, and more boots (I wanted some boots of luck for the killing blow on big D, but nope), with no luck.

Here is Diablo's drop:

Screenshot037.jpg

Nothing great, but I'm sooo excited for act 5. I'll get started tonight!

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        48.75  HC       Rouge Camp NM         -
Dazliare        Melisandre     Assassin       35     HC       Harrogath             - 
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):
Dazliare        Tryste         Sorceress     >33     HC       City of the Damned          -

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
BabyBeasts ran a bit this morning, hitting Stony field waypoint and lvl 50 on /p8. Nothing to be worth a screenshot during the process, but it will be better next session for sure!

(Well i'm more about the untwinked pally for now, but when I read last update, I had to level a bit just to have...two druids at the top!)

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
Babyhell        BabyBeasts     Druid          50     SC       Stony field NM        -
Dazliare        Melisandre     Assassin       35     HC       Harrogath             - 
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):
Dazliare        Tryste         Sorceress     >33     HC       City of the Damned          -

Kstil3227

Diabloii.Net Member
Captain America has bested Andariel and all of Act 1 in NM on /p8. Made to lvl 53, 2 away from having conviction maxed...then onto redemption/holy shield...Vengeance is a very very mana hungry but the damage is practically doubled with the lower res and lowered defenses. The S/U drops were abundant this act...Chieftan, Rakescar, Iceblink, multiple Cathan's Rings, Kelpie's Snare and Gold Skin among them...plus Andariel dropped Tancred's Boots, Vidala's Boots, Beserker's Double Axe and a rare +1 bow skill gloves...but Captain America did up Emilio's weapon from a pike to a Lance which was a great deal of help on the damage front. Random mob in Outer Cloister gave the Captain a great belt upgrade (24 FHR, 32 life, 27 Cold Res and 28 Light res. :D:D) Griswold dropped a rare Ancient armor with some life on it, so Emilio is rocking that armor for now.

Belt Uprade
Screenshot026.jpg

Gambled some circlets, non helpful for the captain but 2 of them were nice mods for other chars.
Screenshot007.jpg
Screenshot024.jpg

Tried to craft some safety amulets for the inc. block. 2/4 were nice for a sorceress, the other 2 junk.
Screenshot013.jpg Screenshot032.jpg

First of 2 Io runes dropped in Act 1 as well. Only screenshot the first one. The other fell in Lvl 4 right outside of Andy.
Screenshot014.jpg

Andy's kill screen with the drops...nothing of value...(total gold less than 15k)
Screenshot030.jpg

Character stats as of end of Act 1 NM, 111% MF, 72% FHR
FHR breakpoint of 86% may be are to achieve without more FHR charms.
Resist could be 65/77/76/56 if I switch out my MF gear for the gear in the cube. Haven't had a issue with resists yet but its always good to have the gear if needed. Could max resists if I cubed a +20all res prismatic amulet (16-20 roll) with all the Pgems I have.
Screenshot033.jpg

Stash/Inventory and Cube still have little to no room.
Screenshot035.jpg Screenshot036.jpg

@Babyhell Can't be having 2 of the same chars #1 and #2...not in my book :D;).
@PhineasB You're next on the chart...I'm coming for you...:cool:o_O:);)

Got lucky to have a good weekend of play time...Mother in-law took my kids to a lake for the weekend so I was kid-free...missed the kids being around but also good to just relax as well.

Til next time. Stay Safe and Good Luck!

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        53     HC       Lut Gholein NM        -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts     Druid          50     SC       Stony field NM        -
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):

jonnyphive

Diabloii.Net Member
@Kstil3227 Nice progress! Also I am jealous of your play time-heavy weekend. Haven't had a kid-free, low-obligation weekend like that in a lonnnngg time but if I did I would absolutely sink a hefty chunk of time into D2. Ah well, a guy can dream...

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
I won't go into a run against a super hero...but for sure once it happened, you will never be able to do something against that #History :p:D;)

Last edited:

Babyhell

Diabloii.Net Member
Removing my lower line...:oops:

The Overburdened
Rich (BB code):
Kstil3227       CaptainAmerica Paladin        53     HC       Lut Gholein NM        -
The Unburdened
Rich (BB code):
Dazliare        Tryste         Sorceress     >33     HC       City of the Damned    -