Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Hunt for Sojs

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ayedin, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Ayedin

Ayedin IncGamers Member

The Hunt for Sojs

Hey there, long time reader, first time poster. :uhhuh:

I'm an on-again off-again Diablo 2 player. And usually that means I lose all my accounts/characters/equipment in between playing periods because I uninstall the game and never log in for months and months. Which means I'm always having to start my equipment collection from scratch.

Anyway this time around, I've got my sorceress back up to where I like with most of the equipment I want to use thanks to Andariel/Mephisto runs. However since I'm on ladder I'm finding it much more difficult to find Stones of Jordan than in previous times.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on effective ways of obtaining these little buggers? I've been killing Andariel in hopes of her dropping one, but so far I've come up with 1 nagel ring, 2 manald heal, and a Raven Frost (yay!)

I had a spare Stormshield I thought I might be able to trade for an SoJ, but I found out I was sorely mistaken. Could anyone suggest some items that I might find on my Andariel/Mephisto runs that I could offer for an SoJ without someone laughing in my face? :lol:

I'm looking for advice on the best methods to find SoJs in game, as well as some suggested items I could trade for one or two.

I'm also on the look out for Tal's Ammy, so any advice on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Ayedin

2. CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL

CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL IncGamers Member

well from wat i heard...nm andy is easier to get a soj only u do all the quest because of this *bug*.

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

a little background (that i know bc i was bored one day):

-soj is item lvl 39.
    -the first monster that can drop the soj is normal diablo (mlvl 40)
    -you have a better chance of finding soj in classic if for no other reason than there are less items u can find.
    -the closer you are to killing mlvl 40 monsters, the better. because then if a unique ring does drop, it can't pick from the higher ilvl rings.

nm andy i think has the best chance to drop soj for the last point mentioned above and because i think she has a natural higher chance to drop a ring.

but in all honesty, i've only found 2 sojs. and i've been playing for 2 or 3 yrs pretty consistantly (still have the original account). sojs are next to impossible to find. you are better off doing nm meph runs to get things to trade for them. i can't comment on what because i don't trade and therefore don't know trade values.

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Mephi on hell once dropped me a SOJ. Otherwise see above ;)
    Trading for a SOJ can get expensive
    SOJ=Tal Armor+
    or VEX
    or other high lvl/rare stuff.

5. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

1 Week ago I was LUCKY to give only a Unid Tals Armor for a Soj. And when I say lucky I mean this, last night a friend of mine had to give Tals Armor + Tals amu + bad Leviathan for a single soj and some days ago another friend gave 188% HoZ + Shako + Low Maras for another one. I suggest you get your hands on a high rune (vex plus) (did the hellforge Q. ?).

Good luck !!

6. Ayedin

Ayedin IncGamers Member

Yes, I've done the hell forge quest on all three difficulties. The best rune I got was Lem. I think my biggest problem is I'm not sure what everything is worth.

I do have two PCs and two account keys. Maybe I could keep rushing dummy characters for the hell forge quest until I get enough runes to trade for an soj?

Does it matter if you do hell forge in a single player game, will you get fewer runes that way? That's how I did all three of my hell forges, I got a bunch of gems and one rune each time.

Thanks for the replies!

7. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I've only ever had one rune drop from the hellfordge, I'm pretty sure only one ever drops and some gems.

8. CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL

CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL IncGamers Member

well just keep rushing people for hell forge and soon u may get a good rune to trade

9. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

Haven´t found any SOJ´s in my 3 years of playing this game and i have played alot.....do they even excist? :uhhuh:

10. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

:)

You can read guide about SOJ MF here at Strategy Forum:
    http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=146855

11. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Andy is good at droppign jewelry. I get lots from her, set, unqiue rings and Amus. No SOJ yet. Mephisto dropped the one my Sorceress is wearing now.

12. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

In my playing life I found 4 sojs total. Yes, one of them came from NM Meph, but 3 others - from Andy. The reason why peoples find there sojs from Meph is because they do Meph runs instead of Andy runs. Meph – good monster for universal mf, but Andy are specialized on rings and amulets. And in 1.10 happen 2 more things to make Andy more popular:
    - Meph run become much harder because of increased size of Durance, Meph’s Blizzard and increased frequency of hydras casts;
    - Andy run become much rewarding, because of bug, that she drop only unique, set or rare items, if they can be such great quality.

13. I)ark_Amazon

I)ark_Amazon IncGamers Member

Ive been playing for a bit an i havent found any either ive traded for the 4 i have all at very cheap prices...... a couple days ago i got one from trading a buriza did i rip him off??

14. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

Got over 30 of these little buggers on one of my non ladder mules. Did a lot of trading at one time, this was befoore and after teh great dupe fest so I imagine that some of tehse are duped.

As to finding them, well lets see...

2 I found in 1.09 these were both from Meph. This took almost 2 years
    2 I found since being on the ladder. 1 came from unique Blood Lord in NM Act 3 Durance 2, teh other...yup ..you guessed it...ye ole NM Andy and it only took me like 70 runs. So lets's see that 2 soj in two months on ladder and 2 in 2 years non ladder (pre 1.10)

I've also have good friends whom I rushed. equiped , designed builds for, in the old days, and they have been most generous. 1 gave me a gheeds, teh other a mid line anni.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of Andy Runs, most of teh jewelrty is junk stuf, low end nagels, manualds, dsta, Nokozan, but occasionally you get the good stuff..ravens, decent nagels, eldritch and of course SOJ. I don't know if she can drop the really good stuff maras, highlords, wedding bands. Anyone??

15. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

I have found 2:

- pre 1.10: 1 in Meph NM
    - 1.10: 1 in Meph hell