The Hellforge

houkah

Diabloii.Net Member
The Hellforge

Ok i just got my java/spearzon's hell hellforge and i'm disgusted. I got a friggin lum. Her NM hellforge i got a shael i believe. My question is, is the hellforge completely random? Is there any sort of level requirement? I can live w/ the shael but for my hell hellforge lum just seems kind of ridiculous.

Gorny

Banned
houkah said:
Ok i just got my java/spearzon's hell hellforge and i'm disgusted. I got a friggin lum. Her NM hellforge i got a shael i believe. My question is, is the hellforge completely random? Is there any sort of level requirement? I can live w/ the shael but for my hell hellforge lum just seems kind of ridiculous.

Random rune drop from the runes that can drop there.

ericbres

Diabloii.Net Member
houkah said:
My question is, is the hellforge completely random?
Could it follow the "kharma rules of item drops"?
Did you run over a squirrell on your way home last night?
How about the kid selling candy bars for youth soccer in front of WalMart, did you give him a dollar?

In all seriousness ... I have never received anything more than low-level runes from Hellforge ... at any level.

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
My last nm drop was UM...last hell drop was GUL

Perhaps next go-around I'll have yer luck, and you'll have mine ;)

Gorny

Banned
WAs in a private rush game with 2 others in my guild last night and a Pul rune dropped from hellforge.

houkah

Diabloii.Net Member
ericbres said:
Could it follow the "kharma rules of item drops"?
Did you run over a squirrell on your way home last night?
How about the kid selling candy bars for youth soccer in front of WalMart, did you give him a dollar?

In all seriousness ... I have never received anything more than low-level runes from Hellforge ... at any level.
maybe it was that puppy i kicked, as for the kid he didn't deserve my dollar the damn brat. j/k :p. I've gotten gul's before from the hell hellforge. I've never gotten anything this low before, that's what unnerved me.

Talon0835

Diabloii.Net Member
There's a rune range for each difficulty. I think it's Lum -> Gul for the Hell Hellforge...or maybe it was lower.

Vladicus

Diabloii.Net Member
My last 2 chars, I am still working on both, they did the Hellfore quest in NM and Norm for themselves. Norm was total carp (yes, I got a fish), but for both chars in NM I recieved Lum runes.

houkah

Diabloii.Net Member
RandomInsanity said:
at least you didn't get an el for your hell countess rune
DOH!
Actually i have. (gotten el for hell countess) As a matter of fact hell countess has never given me anything higher than a thul. Maybe i just have bad luck in general w/ runes :p

tl998

Banned
Hell hellforge drops anywhere from Hel rune to Gul rune. I've personally never gotten anything higher than a Pul from any hellforge, hence why I'm poor.

gauntscorpion1

Diabloii.Net Member
id did 3 rushes in a day once in nm and got 2 um and a pul i guess it was just luck and then in the one rush i did ball after the guy left and got my best pair of traves yet a 49% and i uped them i still wear them i guess it's just luck

ButterFace

Diabloii.Net Member
Wolv said:
My last nm drop was UM...last hell drop was GUL

Perhaps next go-around I'll have yer luck, and you'll have mine ;)
I too got a Um from nm hellforge. Then today i got a Fal from Hell. What kind of crap is that? My best drop has been an Ist from Hell hellforge.

oneirik

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah in all my years of playing d2 i have found that it is a random drop from the desired rune lvls available to drop. i think the highest i have gotten from nm was some um s the highest i have gotten from hell would be a zod and some ists.

th5418

Banned
ButterFace said:
I too got a Um from nm hellforge. Then today i got a Fal from Hell. What kind of crap is that? My best drop has been an Ist from Hell hellforge.
Fal is pretty good. Dont call it crap.

tl998

Banned
Highest from Hell is a Gul. A Zod can't drop from hellforge. Check your facts before you tell your tall tales.