The heck is going on ???

Holyful

Diabloii.Net Member
The heck is going on ???

K, so I play Diablo a bunch. And, almost every two hours, I get this problem. It says "Your connection has been temporarily restricted from this realm. Please try to log in at another time." What does it mean, exactly ?? Im so confused. Im getting frustrated at this because sometimes it clears instantely and others it takes HOURS to fix. Anyone know how to fix this or why it does this ?

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
its just a temp ban, if your able to change your ip you can get back on right away (reset your modem ect.. or reconnect to the internet)
or wait 5min-2days itll clear up

bnet gives temp bans for bot-like activity (changing games/chars quickly spamming ect..)

Holyful

Diabloii.Net Member
its just a temp ban, if your able to change your ip you can get back on right away (reset your modem ect.. or reconnect to the internet)
or wait 5min-2days itll clear up

bnet gives temp bans for bot-like activity (changing games/chars quickly spamming ect..)
oh ... thanks =D

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
ffejrxx said:
Sorry, but I have to say this: it has nothing to do with bot-like activity, or bots at all. Without getting into a full-spread discussion, Blizzard wants to reduce resource usage for this game without removing it completely from Battle.Net, and repeatedly making new games, changing characters and entering the same game, or anything else still triggers the restrictions. It's the latter, though, that proves it has nothing to do with bots, as botting is used during magic finding and leveling, not muling. Not only that, but bots are computer programs and can be perfectly adjusted so as to make the absolute most of B.ent limitations and still gain significant advantages, while real players suffer. If you can't tell the difference between a program and a player, you have a real problem, and though Blizzard may want bots removed, it's clear their intention with these restrictions was otherwise.

ispankpigeons

Diabloii.Net Member
i second that.

it has nothing to do with bots.

i've sat in games before playing for hours straight, doing tons of quests and leveling, popped out to make a new game and BAMN failed to join/temp ban.

bot activity my foot.

Frostraven

Diabloii.Net Member
i second that.

it has nothing to do with bots.

i've sat in games before playing for hours straight, doing tons of quests and leveling, popped out to make a new game and BAMN failed to join/temp ban.

bot activity my foot.
Yep...

If you get kicked for making 3 games in 5 minutes -- a bot will make 3 games in 5 minutes and 1 second.

If you get kicked for joining 4 games in 1 minute, a bot will join 4 games in 4 minutes and 1 second.

Bots can shave off every unneeded second -- and still not spend more than one second more than they need to avoid a temporary restriction.

The problem is, a thousand bots will make 15000 games in 25 minutes and 5 seconds -- while a single player who switches characters, and switches to the wrong one, will be banned after staying in the same game for four hours, logging out to remove an physical immune lightning enchanted monster...

AND they push away new players who've *just* bought the game for 9.99$, log onto battlenet, tries to mule a stack of free Javelins from the amazon to the sorceress, and get banned in the process.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
i said "bot-like" the difference is that bots know exactly how to act without getting temp banned

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
That's because they're programmed that way, and programmers know how to do that, obviously. Since it's also programmers deciding the restriction requisites, it makes sense they would know these kinds of requirements do nothing except push the bots into a managable position at the expense of legitimate players. They're not interested in stopping cheaters, just controlling the resources so they do take bandwidth and such from WoW.

Of course, there are better ways to do that, better ways at slowing game creation, but they're not interested. If they were, they'd ask.