Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Hardcore Chronicles

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Lostprophet, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

The Hardcore Chronicles

Dunno if this kind of thing goes down very often, but meh.

Started my first HC character today (*cue ominous music*). Decided to make a Sacrifice pally, since A). I'm weird, and B). I started one as my "B-net won't connect" single-player boredom character (and he seemed decent enough). So at 11:35 p.m. or so Eastern time ALittleUnwell was born (from that Matchbox 20 song; the part before it goes "I'm not crazy..."). Ah, the challenge of not dying while using a skill the uses life instead of mana.

*Aside #1* Has this build been tested/popularized at all? If not, do I get to name it? If so I nominate "the Lemming," for obvious reasons.

The plan is to max Might, followed by Fanatacism and Redemption (in addition to Sacrifice, duh). I'll also get to use Holy Shield and Charge, and maybe even Zeal if I feel the need. Life leech will be key, of course.

It started well enough, with the Den through the Undaground being exceedingly simple. A fine (as in "good," not "attractive") (wo?)man with the acct name "strumpet" joined my public game at one point, and hung around until he had to go as he were getting to the Smith. I'd made the decision to go untwinked earlier on, though his offers of Isenhart's and Hsaru's were tempting. Andy was uneventful even solo, and she dropped a rare ring and the unique Small Shield, the Umbral Disk.

There are a number of amusing anecdotes I feel the need to pass along at this point. (1.) First of all, I gambled on an axe fairly early in the act which I ended up using up until a rare crystal sword (also gambled) replaced it at the very end. The name of said Axe was the "Bitter Splitter." I would have screenshotted it and been done with it, but I'm just too lazy, so it languishes in my stash.

2. I found a 3-socketed Targe. This to me was a strange occurance, seeing as how I have never found a shield with more than 2 sockets until at least Act 4 or 5. However, here was a Targe with 8 to all resists and 3 ready and eager sockets. I stuck a chipped ruby, topaz, and emerald in it and had about 35 resist all at the time (various charms and low lvl equipment balanced everything out quite nicely). My poison and cold resists have become casulaties as I progress through act 2, but my lightning and fire resists are up around 60 a piece.

3. I discovered the amusing ability to imbue Wirt's Leg. While I perhaps should have saved said imbue, I am far to impulsive a player to let one of the only non-socketed Wirt's Legs I have ever found lay severed and moldy on the ground. The resulting rare (Skull Breaker, or some such nonsense) adds a paltry amount to both lightning and cold resist (maybe, I'm tired and too lazy to check), damage/AR to Demons, and 21 or so poison damage, plus about 20 ED. Not bad for severed body part.

Additionally, it seems that perhaps the Gods like this one, as their smiles of fortune have continued to grace me. Whether it be in the inordinate number of rare rings/ammys I've found, or the 3-socketed wonder shield, or the fact that the first time I set foot in the Sewers not realizing it was a prime spot for undignified pk-ers and was promptly hostiled and followed, the pursuing pk assasin slammed right into my merc and left me unscathed (leaving me time to Alt-F4 that bad boy), it seems as though this man is destined for greater and glorius things.

Or something. :scratch:

Hope you enjoyed my incoherent babbling.

:sleep: = :thumbsup:

Peace.

2. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

That was an awesome post, sacrifice is manly. kick some ***. ;D

3. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

That I did!

However, I'm not yet fully sober :flip:

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Martyr is the name that was once ascribed to it.
    PvP/PK/Ironman builds tend to just use the term sacadin.

Lemming is a good name, but martyr fits the "holy" image of the paladin more, so I nominate no-renaming of the unpopular for PvM build =)

5. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Oh well. Worth a try, anyway (Though I like the Martyr, too).

Glad I wasn't flamed out of the region. :drool: I suppose I'll continue this series, if it please people. I'll be getting on momentarily, so I should have plenty of material.

Peace.

6. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

I have had much fun with the Sacadin - mostly for LLD/PK in 1.09.

If this is for a PvM character be very careful in act2 - or anywhere with a lot of skellies as you can't leech life back from them. Otherwise the life lost can quite easily be countered by a couple of pieces of Signons set (drop quite often so may even find em untwwinked) of cathans/rare rings.

You can quite easily build up insane amounts of damage with sacrifice so have fun:)

Chill

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

1 point sac in certain situations, especially untwinked can be a source of great damage if you can remember you have it!

GL with your build it wont be as easy as a hammerdin but he will have some pop!