The good and bad of Alma Negra

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
The good and bad of Alma Negra

Why is it that everyone is still going for elite rare pally shields when Alma Negra on non-ladder has just about everything you need except for resists?

Defense: 461-511 (varies)(Base Defense: 138-164)
Required Level: 77
Required Strength: 109
Chance To Block: 78%
Smite Damage: 35 To 58
Durability: 68
(Paladin Only)
+180-210% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+1-2 To Paladin Skill Levels (varies)
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
30% Faster Block Rate
+40-75% Enhanced Damage (varies)
40-75% Bonus to Attack Rating (varies)
Magic Damage Reduced By 5-9 (varies)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)
 
goddamn it dude. Don't bring this up again. We have argued this in probably twenty different threads.

The top ten reasons why yellow shields are the proest shields in the land:

1. can get 2 sockets
2. can have -req
3. can have enhanced dmg and +resist all on the same shield
4. Can have +stats
5. Can have +fhr
6. Can have +life
7. Can be any elite shiled u want
8. is much sexier cause it's yellow instead of ugly gold
9. are so much harder to get therefore are more exspensive therefore are totally pro.
10. Ladder is not over so shove your upgraded Herald of Zak
 

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
PoopyPants said:
goddamn it dude. Don't bring this up again. We have argued this in probably twenty different threads.

The top ten reasons why yellow shields are the proest shields in the land:

1. can get 2 sockets
2. can have -req
3. can have enhanced dmg and +resist all on the same shield
4. Can have +stats
5. Can have +fhr
6. Can have +life
7. Can be any elite shiled u want
8. is much sexier cause it's yellow instead of ugly gold
9. are so much harder to get therefore are more exspensive therefore are totally pro.
10. Ladder is not over so shove your upgraded Herald of Zak
Hehe Poopy, take too much caffeine did we? Btw, I meant for the standard user who is not so rich. Maybe I should have cleared that up.
 
ROMVS said:
Hehe Poopy, take too much caffeine did we? Btw, I meant for the standard user who is not so rich. Maybe I should have cleared that up.
hahha no I was just showing my distaste at this reocurring topic. The best smiter shield is the one you can win with.
 

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
um...


i was just commenting on Mr. Pants remark of any shield that wins by using an item that is a)hacked b)non-existant (yet)

and if I had it I'd go with resist cause I do alot more pubby (but i dont have a V but if i had that sorta shield)
 
of course anyone who has seen me post in the 2 years I've been here would realize I'm talking about manner duels. BM duels are for unskilled degenerates.
 

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
ROMVS said:
Why is it that everyone is still going for elite rare pally shields when Alma Negra on non-ladder has just about everything you need except for resists?

Defense: 461-511 (varies)(Base Defense: 138-164)
Required Level: 77
Required Strength: 109
Chance To Block: 78%
Smite Damage: 35 To 58
Durability: 68
(Paladin Only)
+180-210% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+1-2 To Paladin Skill Levels (varies)
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
30% Faster Block Rate
+40-75% Enhanced Damage (varies)
40-75% Bonus to Attack Rating (varies)
Magic Damage Reduced By 5-9 (varies)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)
I can see this for a non BM Zealot shield. No tap and two mods that will benefit greatly on a zealot ed and ar. You can actually use this on a smite/zeal type build as well. Pure smiter shield its actually pretty good but like the previous poster stated it lacks resist.
 

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
PoopyPants said:
of course anyone who has seen me post in the 2 years I've been here would realize I'm talking about manner duels. BM duels are for unskilled degenerates.
either you all got the point and are hiding it or need to chill out (im just an idiot)
 
OMG WTF LMAO LOL ROFL BBQ


seriously, i think we all get it:
Exile = Ith, just like BotD

Alma negra = sorta poor man's good shield for almost all pala builds (except 2h, obviously)

rares will beat alma, obviously, just only about .02% of the time. And then you require good runes / jewels to fill up that sucker anyway. And the soj's to keep rerolling them (or time to find white ones and keep making new chars to imbue them).
 
Top