Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The GODS

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Black_KING, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Black_KING

Black_KING IncGamers Member

The GODS

A little PvP turnament to made the gods. I was thinking about PvP tur. where all Pat-Mat. will made ultimate group. From the best Assain to the best Druid.
    Is it any1 interested???

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

definitly :lol: count me in for best ALL, :) i have all the 7 classes pat/mat in multiple forms so yeah, count me in :teeth:

robin

3. Black_KING

Evry1 of you have at least 1 pat or mat. This tournament will show the strategy for using your pat-mat against you own class (Assain vs Assain, Amazon vs Amazon... Druid vs Druid.) and not only that that will be ultimate group in single player forum and the winers will use the best stuffs in the game.

4. strijdje

well, what if you make somekind of prize stash? like everyone who is will to participate in this tourney donates 1 tc87 or 2 lower ones i dont know, and then the number 1 can pick 4 items out of the stash, number 2 can pick 3, number 3 can pick 2 items out of the stash.... rest of the members can pick 1 item after the winners have picked their prizes...

that would make things alotmore interesting ^^
    i'm willing to give 3 tc87's too add to the stash already too sweeten up the tourney

robin

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I will gladly donate the finest beef-steer in my herd as a prize in this glorious contest.

6. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

It's a good idea but a team of champions does not make a champion team :teeth:

PvP chars will clean this one up, and they will definately not make the best team.

Is there another way to judge this? Idea's anyone?

7. strijdje

Amen to that ^^

maybe we can held the tourney like this... arrange 5 judges//hosters.. in that way you have a host, who will watch and jugde the duell in the meanwhile.. think that would work, right?

8. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

It would be fun to participate, though i have 0% chance of winning.

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

1 specilized PvP build will pwn all others of the same character class. a PvP bonemancer will own fishys, a guided arrow zon will own a LF zon.
    but id be up for putting my fishy in..

10. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

you don't even consider a venomancer!!! hmm I wonder how much milliseconds will stay those skelly against PNova and lr :lol:

11. Select

Select IncGamers Member

well i have two characters specialized for PvP and they generally take out non pvp chars...sept for the occasionall universal build hehe. I say we make it so no PvP specialty chars join but your other pats/mats are fine :D... just a thought. I would gladly join up with me strafer...:D

12. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

I don't understand the format of your tournament at all. You should go into some detail or expand a little on your general idea. Oh, and what are the rules? Anything goes? General Good Manners? I'm getting the idea that this is PvM characters dueling each other, well the people who join with the PvP specialized characters will wipe the floor with the others. I've participated in a lot of PvP tournaments and many fail to finish. And I can almost bet with the complicated 7 mats/pats weird style you're advocating and the sheer size this will have to be, this tournament will not finish.(and I say this with the utmost kindness, just my past experience) Here are some steps I've come up with to have the best PvP tournaments possible with the highest chance of finishing. I'm not gonna sign up (I'm already involved in a tourney) but best of luck to all the contestants.

THE 5 NECESSARY STEPS
    1) Try to choose only the most motivated participants. Sometimes this isn't always an option, but use common sense. Out of 2 people trying to sign up for the last spot, pick the one saying "I have a lvl 80 zon ready to go and am available weekends and every night after 5:00" rather than the guy who says "I have a lvl 67 barb I'll try level up some and get ready, oh, and wednesday through sunday just aren't good for me."

2) Set deadlines. Start it at a certain time and don't just stop there, tell everyone rather than ending it "a month from now" say, "this will end on October 2nd, no duels count after that date." Sound official and keep encouraging everyone to keep moving along with frequent reminders.

3) Keep it simple and professional looking. Make sure you post a clear set of rules that is easy to comprehend. Make sure the dueling format you choose is simple, whether it be single elimination or round robin, make sure everyone understands it thoroughly. Also, 2v2 tourneys seldom work as four people must get online at the precise time to duel, it's hard enough just to coordinate two people. Unless you have your heart set on doing a 2v2 tournament, stick to the 1v1 format. Use correct spelling and grammar in your posts, also, refrain from 1337 schpeak in your main post. (Save that trash talkin' stuff for the replies that follow :D)

4) Have participants use messanger services. MSN is great, a messanger (that everyone has) is pretty much required to coordinate duels with ip addresses and times. Don't let contestants get by with "just pm me whenever" because that is time consuming and irritating. AIM, Trillian, and MSN are all good options.

5) Reward people just for dueling regardless of the outcome. In Treflom's and my tournament, we used a round robin system like this.

Three Duels (not counting practice)
    5 points for winning 3/3
    3 points for winning 2/3
    1 point awarded to each particpant for finishing the 3 duels

Though that 1 point doesn't seem like much, they can build up and after you've completed 5 duels, you have 5 extra points (the equivalent of winning a 3/3 duel) Just finishing all your duels might mean the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

THE 5 OPTIONAL STEPS (the more of these you fulfill, the better the chance of success for the tournament)
    1) Make participants pay to play. Have everyone who signs up give you an item. These items can act as the prizes or they can act as tokens. If the players duel every person on the list, they can have their item back, if they do not, they forfeit the item (to the coordinator or the winner of the tournament)

2) Offer prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place duelers. PvP'ers can always use more PvP items (stormsheilds, vampire gazes, war travs, good charms...whatever) The better your prizes, the more potentail duels will take place.

3) Make a PvP tourney website. Post an internet site where scores are updated and particpants can look to see who they have left to duel, how many points they have, and if they are falling behind.

4) Host a 24/7 server. Or at least attempt to have someone (with a good internet connection) host games. This doesn't have to be a fulltime server, just someone you notify a day in advance that you need a game hosted for such and such time.

5) Make an example out of slackers. Penalize or remove players who are not participating. Don't let them spoil the dueling for everyone else.

13. Black_KING

Thanx man very helpfull i do my best for rules , but any sugestion will be nice

14. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

This is getting interesting... PvM and not PvP builds you say? But what if, i build my characters for both? eg:
    -My sorc was built for MF'ing, but she wouldnt do too bad in PvP either, as i've got the CC skills like orb and Thunderstorm maxed
    - My zealot.. well, whats there to say about a zealot? lol...
    -My bone Mancer, built for PvM because I have skeletons to raise, but i also kept PvP in mind, hence maxing out a skill that can still kill very well... (unless i'm duelling uber geared necro's with 10 +pnb charms)

So my characters are all PvM characters then? Because I designed them to be able to pat/mat on thier own...

15. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

Some Relaxed, Good Style Rules for your tourney I think

General Rules

Please try to be polite.

Duelling takes place in Nightmare difficulty.

Potions, wells, shrines and mercenaries are not allowed.

The only minions allowed (with the exception of the Amazon’s decoy) are those that can be summoned in town. Other minions, like the Necromancer’s revives, skeletons or magi, are not allowed.

Duels only start when both parties have clearly stated their readiness.

Characters requiring arrows or bolts must have their full supply on their character (in their hand, inventory or Horadric Cube). They will not be allowed to return to town if they run out of arrows or bolts during a duel, although extra quivers may be dropped just inside town to facilitate easier replenishment between duels.

Leaving the Blood Moor is a loss for you, or your team

Equipment Rules

Bugged, hacked or duped items cannot be used – 1.07 crafted items are included in this category.

All “1.07/1.08 vita†items like Arkaine’s Valor, Harlequin’s Crest, Baranar’s Star and Gerke’s Sanctuary are not allowed. The 1.09 or 1.10 versions of these items are acceptable, however.

Items with the “Slows Target by X%†modifier are not allowed on physical-damage attackers (for example, Cleglaw’s Claw or Blackhorn’s Face). A caster character like a Necromancer or Sorceress, however, can use Blackhorn’s Face or other items with the “Slows Target by X%†modifier if they want.

Items with the “Knockback†modifier are not allowed on any character class. Skills that provide a knockback effect (for example, Smite, Bash, Charge or Leap Attack) are still allowable.

Total Life Replenish from items and skills combined is limited to 25.

Poison damage is limited to 200 from items, per player. Poison damage from skills (for example, Venom or Poison Nova) is allowed in any amount.

Items with a percentage chance to cast Amplify Damage, Life Tap, or Iron Maiden on striking or when struck are not allowed.

Items with skill charges can be worn, but the charges must not be used unless the skill is innate to the character. For example, a Druid may equip Sureshrill Frost but may not use the Frozen Orb charges. On the other hand, a Sorceress may equip the same item and use the Frozen charges if she so chooses.

Items that provide bonuses to a skill for all character classes (for example, the warcries from the “Call to Arms†runeword) may be used, but the skills cannot be used unless they are innate to that character. Using the example of the “Call to Arms†runeword, any character may use the runeword, but only the Barbarian can take advantage of its warcries.

All duellers may use items that provide auras, with the exception of the “Doom†runeword as it provides the Holy Freeze aura.

Each character is only allowed to wear one source of elemental absorb, per element. For example, you cannot use two Lightsabres or two Raven Frosts, but you may wear one of each. Any amount of Poison Length Reduction gear may be used.

The Rising Sun amulet is not allowed on any character class.

Marrowalk boots are not allowed on Necromancers due to bugged effects on synergies.

NOTE:
    I removed the standard FRW caps, the banned skills (you guys are PvM so I thought it was appropriate) and the skill capping/restrictions. If you think you need a full set then I can get them for you but it's prolly better for your PvM setup that less rules should be enforced. No one wants to overhaul their PvM chars for a lighthearted tournament anyway. You could prolly even crop these down further to suit your players needs