Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The gods of diablo may be smiling on me

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by lior, Jun 20, 2005.

1. lior

lior IncGamers Member

The gods of diablo may be smiling on me

After the loss of yesterday(Lo+3ist in an anni trade) I just found a hot ip for the dclone.

Anyway I'm using anti-idle trick in act5 and I was wondering if someone could help me eventually kill dclone(I'm a mf sorc) and help me idle since my connection is a little off and I don't know how much I can trust the anti-idle trick.

Thanks
    p.s. I know it's not much but willing to pay 2xlem.

2. live_action_pain

live_action_pain IncGamers Member

just seen you were on diff realm sorry :(

3. lior

lior IncGamers Member

Thanks anyway.

I used the act5 anti idle and after 2hours it got out of the game :confused:
    So I started making games again, and again, on the second try I found the ip, but again, I was thrown out after an hour...

4. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

i dont know what to say, i used the act 5 anti idle trick last night, then when i woke up today "Diablo Walks the Earth" that was about 8 hrs. Makes up for not locking in a single game for alliance last night. i've never had to stay in the game for a whole day but i have always been able to walk away from my comp and go to bed or play 18 holes without dropping from the game.

5. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

All the little anti-idle tricks are iffy - sometimes they work and other times they don't. My friends and I used to use the southwest Outer Cloister door to idle when need be because the positioning was easy. Sometimes we'd get booted anyway.

One thing to keep in mind is that other factors might be causing you problems - you might have lagged out and lost your BNet connection for example.

The best time to idle in a hot IP game is on a day when you can afford to sit around at home and keep an eye on your character. That's what I started doing when I'll still played on the realms - I'd sit and do my paperwork or house chores. Periodically, I'd check my game and run my character in a circle around the rogue camp stash a few times, then go back to what I was doing. That "method" never failed me. :D

Another thing you can try is to set your left mouse click to melee attack, then run just outside of town, tape that button + the shift key down and let your character swing at the air - I used to burn mules that way. Just make sure you clear out the monsters in the vicinity first. ;)

After yesterday's mess, I hope karma is in your favor and you get a new anni - a good one. Good luck!

6. lior

lior IncGamers Member

I hope I can find another.

OK!!!!!

found another, I am uber :thumbsup:
    I think I know how bliz distributes ips, has something to do with the game name, I created a game with a name similar to the previous and bang.

Anyway any help would be highly apperciated since it's the third time I've found the ip and if someone could idle with me, it can save me time and ists(which I haven't got).

7. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

Dont know if I really can help you killing him, but at least I can help ideling. If you say game//pw I would come.

edit: You are ladder, right?

*stkrause

8. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Hello, I can help too.
    I'm currently online @ baal84 if you want to talk about it.
    EDIT: and posting the gamename here might not be a good idea, for obvious reasons.

9. lior

lior IncGamers Member

Hardy many thanks for coming, I hope we'll see dclone soon.
    stkrause you're not online, if you want whisper me *lili82.

10. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

my dclone killer:

amazon
    20 freezing arrow
    20 fa synergy
    5 points multishot

eq:
    buriza (any bow will do, actually.)
    nature's peace ring
    gore riders

use multishot to set off prevent monster's heal. because of the way multishot works, you will be penalized the least for his outrageous defense and hidden blocking, and can get the pmh the fastest. then, just FA away.

the way FA works is that the splash damage is set off no matter what, miss, block or hit. so, if you can get him near a wall, you can get 2 hits off him (buriza has max pierce, so you don't even need that skill.)

another trick i use is to keep orbs worth 35k in the stash. so, if he kills me, i never run out of money. it takes a little time, but i can do it solo. figuring out these things happened at the same time i soloed dclone for the first time, so it took around 90 minutes, and i screwed up near the end and didn't reset pmh so he got around 1/10 back before i noticed.

11. dragosbaby

dragosbaby IncGamers Member

The very good dc killers are sometimes very pricy to make. A decent dc killer is your oldfashioned ik barb. 40 cb on the mace and use an amulet with mdr and rings with absorb . takes about 30-40 seconds to kill dc and the equipment cost less than an ist :)

Just hack away with concentrate or whirl your way through him untill he drops. Natures peace to stop his regeneration or your looking for a long battle.

btw ive always used act2 above stash to idle, and ive only lost connection when the server was shutdown. Can still remember the huuuuuge lags when dc walks and everyone was killing dc at the same time, but i didnt have the balls to wait untill the lag was over, because you never knew if the server would suddenly die on you and the anni vanish right before you picked it. Yes i did once kill dc and when i was thinking what mule to stash it to, i lost connection :lol: I wasnt pleased

dragosbaby

12. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Kind of off topic, but since I can't offer help idling (Not on Europe), I'll offer this : my list of favorite Dclone killers.

Proven :
    Garden variety hammerdin - 10k damage hammers, takes me under a minute
    CS zons - I've heard of godly zons killing him in a matter of 10 seconds. Don't want to imagine the gear cost though >.<
    Any fast-hitting character (zealer, kicker - strafer has too little ar from what I hear) with good crushing blow and decent damage. Stormlash works well for this, as does Black runeword (thul io nef - combined with Duress, shael um thul, and gore riders, you've got 70% already.)

Theoretical fun builds -
    Blizz sorc (95% res doesn't matter when you've got well near to 200 -res from CM/facets)
    Summoning necro (With PMH somewhere, of course) - I hear these work well, and I would LOVE to see Dclone slow to a crawl from gumby/decrep :lol:

I'm sure there's a whole list of others, but as it stands, those are all I can come up with off the top of my head... the FA zon idea just doesn't sound very viable, FA doesn't do great damage and you'd still have to deal with his 95% cold resist.

13. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

all of my good chars that i play with have anni so i needed a new char just for dclone. i didnt feel like spending alot on a char that i will not use to much so:
    frenzy barb-
    arreats
    levi
    duel stone crusher
    gores
    dracs
    agelic ammy/ring and a natures peace
    dungos

not the quickest prolly because those stone crushers are so slow but all i have to do click and hold and wait a couple min.

14. lior

lior IncGamers Member

15. kitehellion

kitehellion IncGamers Member

I've found that the most effective I've seen, usually better than hammers, is a Frost Zealot. I can't think of the gear, but I do know to have a very high rate of Crushing Blow. My friend and I have a community account with a frost zealot with 95%, and we can usually take out Dclone within around a minute, and never die. BTW, I don't know about the anti idle trick. I can stay in games for an three days straight. Thats just sitting in town. But for D2, I go into the Dar Wood, for Tree Head Wood Fist...or the guy by the tree, for the spawning point. There is a guide for DClone killing somewhere on here, but I don't know the link...Sorry...