Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Giant refrigeratorzon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by fullmoon, Apr 18, 2008.

1. fullmoon

fullmoon IncGamers Member

The Giant refrigeratorzon

I love looking at an ultra expensive giant refrigerator.

Stats
    str - enough for warpike/matri pike
    dex - enough for matri bow
    life - rest
    mana - none

Skills

-20 fend
    -20 critical strike
    -20 freezing arrow
    -20 Ice arrow
    -1-20 cold arrow
    -1-10 penetrate
    -1 jab
    -1 impale
    -1 inner sight
    -1 slow missle
    -1 pierce
    -1 magic arrow

Equipment

Tank build
    6 frame fend, 9 frame freezing arrow

-Eth botd war pike/matri pike
    -Cta Matriarchal Bow +3 bow skill
    -Coh
    -Coa + 2x ber
    -verdungo/ tranqs belt
    -dracula
    -gore rider
    -highlords
    -raven/bk/ar leech ring

Merc:
    Defiance/holy freeze aura
    Reapers toll
    gaze+um / andy+ral
    Eth shaft+um/ eth forti

Inventory:
    max/life scs and gcs.

Offensive build
    5 frame fend, 8 frame freezing arrow

-Eth botd war pike/matri pike
    -Cta Matriarchal Bow +3 bow skill
    -forti
    -Andy face + 15ias/30fire res jewel
    -Nosferatu
    -dracula
    -gore rider
    -highlords
    -raven/bk/ar leech ring

Merc:
    Might aura
    Pride / reapers
    gaze+um / andy+ral
    Eth shaft+um/ eth forti

Inventory:
    Some fhr/resist charms until max resist/8 frame fhr, rest in max/life scs and gcs.

General play style

No avoid, dodge, evade ???

-Nope, it causes the fend bug. With good dr, resist and leech, you don't need them anyway.

Freezing arrow ??

-Freeze monster then fend ? Also provide another source of damage for stone skin physical immunes.

1 point magic arrow ??

-Sometimes you get stone skin, physical, cold, immune champions.

Breakpoints ??

-fend (warpike - [6fpa 54%ias], [5fpa, 120%ias]
    -Freezing arrow (Matri bow - [9fpa 42%], [8fpa 75%]
    -Fhr (20 bp, 8 frame is good enough for me)

Cta bow ??

-yup, good ias, life skill mana, what more ?

But I miss my valk...

-use harmony matri bow, slower fpa and no life boost but much faster run walk and you have your valk. This is my second favourite bow since this build runs pretty slow.

The equipment is a bit expensive isn't it ??

-This build is highly flexible, what you need is to achieve at least the 6 fpa fend, 10 fpa freeze arrow, some dr, max reist, 8 frame fhr. There are many cheaper options that can achieve that so I'm only listing some of the best ones.

pvp ?

- nope don't even think about it. Virtually all proper pvp builds can tear you apart.

Damage ?

-Highly dependent on your gear, but lets just say you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: The Giant refrigeratorzon

may I ask how long you have been thinking about this guide?

I think you haven't thought long enough.
    Do some research and then come back.

btw, you could try to explain why you make certain choices. Makes it more interesting and easier for everybody.

3. fullmoon

What is wrong with it ?? Is there a problem with the breakpoints or something ?

4. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

i love the name of the build. By the way you might mention colddamage charms, wich greatly increase the time of the freeze. The name and the build reminds me of making icecubes in the refrigerator then take em apart with a giant icepick

5. fullmoon

Just checked and you are right, cold damage small charms greatly increases the freeze duration. I can't edit the guide now, but I was about to swap highlords ammy for a 10 second freeze duration eye of the elitch.

haha yup, make them all into ice cubes and poke them with a pike.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  6. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

You are wasting 20 points in a synergy that has the same equivalent of 1 cold damage charm.
    If you want to freeze effective, you'll want atleast 20 second of freeze. Therefore, you should consider The Eye of Etlich which can add up to 8 second of freeze.
    You can also consider using a 6 sock bow with perfect sapphires and thus add up to 18 seconds.
    You may want to have a look at other or more armours, stone perhaps? Treachery? Enigma?
    [edit]
    And what armour do you use? light plate? archon plate? Shadow plate?
    Would it be a good idea to use an other bow that thus use less dex and have more life?

7. fullmoon

Yes I only just found out about the freeze effect, I will have to rewrite the skill, charms, ammy section. Matri is the only -10 bow thats possible with cta and yes the dex req is pretty steep. I'm also looking at ashwood bow but I will have to work around the breakpoint since its 0 base.

Why is stone a good option ? I have been thinking alot about treachery as well, it will allow 5 fpa fend for the coa build but you really need to get that extra 15 ias from somewhere. I really prefer to wear draculs so this only free up the ammy slot leaving cats eye or highlords. And until fade proc, your resistance will be dangerously low. Perhaps a bunch of resist cold damage charms would be a good idea. I don't see how enigma helps this build at all, the teleport is slow but helpful at controlling your merc, the frw is nice but this build is about getting in the mud with the monsters, the strength is great for sparing life but no resist. There are alot of cold immunes in hell that won't freeze and good dr + max resist is pretty much mandatory to tank them.

Thanks for all the feedback and the points on freezing effect:tongue:

8. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

IMO, maxed crit is a mistake. The diminishing return just doesn't make it logical unless your points don't have anywhere else to go.

I'd go with 20 Fend, Penetrate, FA, CA (instead of IA). Then spare points will all go to CS.

Reapers + Dracul's is a bad combination. LT and Decrep will keep overriding each other. This could lead to fatal results.

9. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

You are forgetting that enigma has 8% damage reduction, 5% more max life, +14 to life after each kill. In combination with high str needed to use a high str spear, +2 skill good for fa damage and fend damage, lots of frw which you seem to miss.

btw, I don't know if stone is good, it's to point out the you may have other armours to consider.

P.S. no-body says you have to use a amazon only bow. Great bow or blades bow already have much less dex req, -10 weapon speed and decent physical damage - sadly you miss the skill though if freezing is the main goal...
    P.P.S. are you sure that verdungo's is the best belt. String of ears comes with the same damager reduction though it has life leech, which some claim to be more important on a fendazon.
    P.P.P.S. not totally in the line of what you had planned, though have you thought about trying to use blind or confuse to keep the monsters from attacking you. I think there are much less monsters that are unblindable then there are unfreezeble.

10. fullmoon

I need to change alot of things. e.g. I know for sure that avoid, dodge, evade will screw up fend, but I'm not sure if fhr also interrupts it. If it does then the fhr breakpoints need to be much lower.

I select matri bow because there are no other bow with -10 base that has 5 sockets for cta.

I'm also looking at strings but I need to see if the 10fhr is mandatory first.