The Gears of War

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
The Gears of War

Just finished GoW on Hardcore mode tonight, and witnessed two very hilarious deaths on the game. First, my friend and I double-chainsawed a Theron Guard. I didn't think it was possible, and it wasn't planned at all. he hopped over the rock i was hiding behind with his bow primed and ready, I freaked out and revved the chainsaw just as my friend decided to take matters into his own hands, hopped over his cover rock and chainsawed the poor SOB also.

The second one, and infinitely more entertaining (I wish this game had replay sometimes), came near the end of the game. We were on the 2nd floor of a building shooting out of windows down below on some troopers. I tossed a grenade down and NAILED one of them on the head with the damned thing, freaking incredible luck! He flailed his arms in the air and fell down to the ground, and then the grenade exploded all over his face. It looked absolutely comical, in the midst of this intense firefight with bullets flying everywhere, that poor trooper was ended by a grenade to the top of the head. I laughed for a good few minutes straight. I can't believe the developers had enough free time and inventiveness to add in "grenade to the head" damage and animations. It makes me wish I could pick up rocks or shove pianos and other furniture out of windows.

Not it's on to Insane Mode, where I hear things will get downright frustrating.

Pitboss_2000

Diabloii.Net Member
I am currently playuing through the campaign single player, AND with a friend, on hardcore mode as well. I'm on the train in Act 5 in SP, and in the caves in Act 3 with my mate. Absolutely awesome game, I love every single bit of it. Some parts were a bit frustrating (defending the Fenix mansion comes to mind, I got seriously annoyed by the inability of Dom to do anything right there), and earlier in thesame Act there was a bit were the AI didn't understand that it was supposed to send Dom over to help me in a firefight, but that was the only occasion I saw that happening. And shortly after cussing at the AI for being a lousy ally I cheered loudly after Dom decided to sink his chainsaw into a Theron Guard, so all was forgiven and forgotten.

My favorite death, hands down, was nailing a Locust with the Torque Bow from at least 40 yards away. I wasn't sure wether I'd hit him or not, but when the bolt exploded, pieces of Locust flew through the air in every possible direction, and landed almost at my feet, causing me to w00t in an excited manner in front of the telly.

Second place is for everything related to the Hammer Of Dawn. :D

Lord Nyax

Banned
If only, if only, the woodpecker cried...
I wish I had a XBox-360...meh, the Wii will do it for mii.

See what I did there? Do ya?

Pitboss_2000

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, you made a fool out of yourself! :D

Now, on topic! Gears Of War! "Yeah baby, the Train is at home on the rails!"

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
I am currently playuing through the campaign single player, AND with a friend, on hardcore mode as well. I'm on the train in Act 5 in SP, and in the caves in Act 3 with my mate. Absolutely awesome game, I love every single bit of it. Some parts were a bit frustrating (defending the Fenix mansion comes to mind, I got seriously annoyed by the inability of Dom to do anything right there), and earlier in thesame Act there was a bit were the AI didn't understand that it was supposed to send Dom over to help me in a firefight, but that was the only occasion I saw that happening. And shortly after cussing at the AI for being a lousy ally I cheered loudly after Dom decided to sink his chainsaw into a Theron Guard, so all was forgiven and forgotten.

My favorite death, hands down, was nailing a Locust with the Torque Bow from at least 40 yards away. I wasn't sure wether I'd hit him or not, but when the bolt exploded, pieces of Locust flew through the air in every possible direction, and landed almost at my feet, causing me to w00t in an excited manner in front of the telly.

Second place is for everything related to the Hammer Of Dawn. :D
Yeah, the torquebow is nothing but fun. I love running into the open, nailing someone with it, and then hiding before i get a rocket stuck into myself. I accidentally killed my teammate on more than one occasion. I blame him, though, for being so damned close to the baddies anyway. That reminds me! The other time I laughed so hard was also at the Fenix Mansion. When they bust down the doors, we took positions atop the stairs and nailed 'em as they walked in. All except the Boomer, who aimed and blasted a rocket right into my friend's face THE SECOND HE STEPPED INSIDE. There was no hesitation whatsoever, just appear, fire, kill. My friend said exactly this, "Crap there's a Boom... oh my god. He just raped me."

Pitboss_2000

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, I/we have had that before as well. You hear your AI teammates yell "Boomer!", you go 'Huh, what? Where?' and it's too late.

I've also had my fair share of D'Oh-moments where I notice too late that there's someone taking shots at me with a Torque Bow. You hear the shot, you hear the sound of the bolt hitting something, and beofre I can think "I sure hope that wasn't me" my character turns into a heap of meat on the floor. Classic moments!

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
I was playing it nonstop for awhile, then got depressed by the crappiness of my tv and my 360 ruining my Dead Rising disc makes me afraid to put Gears in there...

but I'll be back...