Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Gargame Bug?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gargame, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

The Gargame Bug?

Alright, there seams to be a problem with baal runs for me as of late. The past 4 games I've joined, Baal hasn't sent his wave of minions. We've done tests, and apparantly, it only happens when I'm in the game. 3 days ago, this wasn't happening. Now it is. Anyone have any ideas. I have killed baal, and done ancients, in all 3 difficulties. Maybe it's just the character I'm using, but like I said, it's worked with him before.

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I dunno, it make absolutely no sense at all that a specific character would trigger this bug.

But then again, blizzard north programmed the game...

3. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

it certainly was suspicious, it only happened when he was there, maybe an old mod or something?

4. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

1.So.. Baal doesn't spawn his minions when there are other ''evil things'' in his throne room. I remember something simular like this and when it happenes, everyone has to leave the throne room and then you can go back in. Not sure if that works though.. something I heard.

2.The game sees you as a demon, with you around baal doesn't spawn :D

3. Honesty time, have you ever used mods, hacks or anything game altering related. If you have you'd probably not tell here (allthough I sure hope you will) but the time has come to fully delete everything you're using and reinstall D2 starting from scratch. Don't know if that'll work, but look at it this way: the game normally spawns the minions, if you install it wholy new again.. it should work properly.

5. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

i have seen this happen on battlenet in the past. i seem to remember it was a bug to do with necro's using decrepify in the throne room. the cure was to close all portals in the throne room and everyone leave to town. of course this "cure" might have just been co-incidence..

6. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Even if someone was running ****load of mod, it would not matter as they are client side only, and wouldn't affect host computer calculation as far as I know.

Okay, I got a theory:

Gargame = Gargoyle + game

gar·goyle
    Pronunciation: 'gär-"goil
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English gargoyl, from Middle French gargouille; akin to Middle French gargouiller a spout in the form of a grotesque human or animal figure projecting from a roof gutter to throw rainwater clear of a building

Gargoyle is often used in buildings to ward evil spirits, but a demon itself. Thus 1. you are warding the evil spirits from appearing. 2. you are seen by the game as a demon, thus prevent baal from releasing his minions.

:D

7. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

I had a feeling it would brought up, but, actually, no, I've never used a mod or cheat or hack or anything. By starting over from scratch...you're saying all of my items and what not? That would indeed make me sad. It may be the only choice. I'm willing to try with another character, but I shouldn't join the game without letting them know before hand. The last one I just joined, as I entered the game, they were in the throne room, and the wave stopped. I dunno if it was in the middle of the spawning or what, but baal decided to not spawn them when I entered. If anyone would like to help me test whether its the specific character, or it's just me, I'm up for it. I can handle deleting 1 character, who I've been wanting to redo, but if I have to get rid of everything, I'd rather make that the last resort.

8. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

Sorry Gargame, you're bugged - delete yourself immediately!!! (jks)

9. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

They say I'm contagious too :p

10. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

You don't have to delete your char bro.
    That was just the routine use hack --> uninstall D2 statement. In fact, I'm curious how it happened so you should keep him to see if there's a remedy like what they said, getting back to town etc.

Maybe try clearing the whole level and leaving the place empty?

In any case, you can still use the char for non-Baal runs so all is not lost :)

11. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

somebody reported the same bug on gamespot's forums, their thread is not too informative, but he said it was fixed after every player present left the room and entered it again. it also brags on about "pking noobs" who were unwilling to walk out of the room, but i doubt the pk-ing is necessary to fix this thing. (if it is, than you would have to look for volunteers:p)

12. corax

corax IncGamers Member

i knew it. they wouldnt listen but i knew it. hahahahahahahaha *falls down stairs*

ive had it happen to me before. with my meleemancer after battling gloams and OK's on lvl 2 &3 then both in the throne room.

Had to restart and on further testing with my blizz sorc it was caused for me by monsters in the dead end rooms closest to baal's room being too close to the walls, so baal could 'sense' them in his room.

baal = lemmeh x 2