Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

the game dropped...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by elope with me, Mar 4, 2007.

1. elope with me

elope with me IncGamers Member

the game dropped...

I was in a dueling game when this "bot" came. It prophesied that the game would drop in approximately 30 seconds... I thought this was just some character playing a little game to be cute... but two people left the game. I was bashing my head in wonder... "how could they fall for such a dubious trick!"

Yet lo and behold... I received a connection interrupted message.

The so-called "bot" had irish in it's name, and that's all that I remember... Has something like this happened to anyone else? Does anyone here think it was a coincidence?

edit: happened to me twice now...

Some guy told me that it's a necro bot (and indeed, it was a lvl ** necro) that makes the games drop to get rid of duped items... or something...

getting rid of illegal items by an illegal mean. Amazing?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. Rynefire

Rynefire IncGamers Member

This happened to me as well in a dueling game. I'm also curious as to why this happened.

3. elope with me

elope with me IncGamers Member

Blizzard did a serverside patch that lowered the tolerance of lag... so a necro can quickly bring down the game with bone prison.

4. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Then why the hell are games dropped and not just the players who cause the lag? Jezus, not a smart move, Blizzard.

5. tuvard

tuvard IncGamers Member

yeah, but atleast they done something..(not for the better sometimes ?...):shocked:

6. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

That's correct. However, they could've done so much better...

Btw, I don't believe that bot, or whatever it is, is used to get rid of dupes. I can't see how it would help getting rid of them and most of all, Blizzard has ruststorm for that.

7. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

There's a passive ruststorm running when entering and exiting games, forcing people to enter more game will make the possibility of dupes poof higher. Ofc this could be handled in an other way by Blizzard since grief players have an other tool to make each day on b.net less apealing. I also run into one of those who do that for fun.
    I also got dropped by monsters when i was killing of the concil, a little lag and then C/I, I could enter the game just after so the game did not lag out.

- D.J.

8. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Probably just someone who knows a necro can easily drop a game and has no problem doing it.

9. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Everytime I join a Baal game with a Meteor and Blizz Sorc spamming their lil magic atks, think thier so good pffft, the game drops.
    Blizz where not duping, where just lvling up!!

Man when you want Blizz to do somthing, the sit on there arses and do jack****.
    But all of a sudden they remembered about the loyal d2 fans that have devouted 6yrs of their lives to this game and overdid the security making it impossible to have a normal baal run with sorcs spamming, necs spamming and barbs standing there with there lil aristocratic Ondal sticks.
    ...Cant even do a decent Uber run without having to break every 30secs.

Pisses me off!

10. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

lol i ocasionaly bump into their type too. seems like most barbs these days lvl up by ondals :(. some wont even bother to bo and just stand there watching the monsters.

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

What do you mean with "the game drops" ? You can actually enter the game again (assuming it's old enough), so it's just the character who gets thrown out. I got disconnected when my zon shot a few LFs into Baal wave 2 or when Ãœber Meph summoned too many minions, but each time he/she could enter it again.