• I'm in!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm sitting out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
The Future

I know this link has been posted before, but I'm going to throw out here again for those who haven't seen it. The Future

Watching it today for the 3rd or 4th time, I believe this is the best piece of production on the web. And it brought many questions to my mind, mainly: will there ever be a point in time where paper is obsolete? Every note is taken on a PDA or multimedia phone, all information stored on computers and disks.

I'll throw a poll up too, to see what you guys think.

I'm saying that yes, paper will eventually become obsolete, but only after paper money is done with and we all run on a debit card type of system.

Rick

Diabloii.Net Member
I hope it does. I like nature (though im not a strap-yourself-to-the-demolition-ball-tree-hugger), especially forests and woodland animals.

BlackBerryJane

Diabloii.Net Member
paper will get obsolete when another bob marly is born and helps me smoke all the weed out there, because i won't be able to manage to do this on my own

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
the trees will all be cut down some time, and we will have machines fixing us the oxygen. Thus, paper will not last forever :(

and worst of all, it will come soon!!

Jigga-Scrooge

Diabloii.Net Member
i think paper will be around forever. what about the stuff like garage sale signs and lost dog signs? im sure people wouldnt buy 3 or 4 electronic boards to advertise a sale.

Puck Nutty

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkPotHead said:
How will i wipe my ass? And more importantly, how will i roll my blunts?
As for the ass, get a bedet. They make your rectum warm and moist. Weeee!

As for the blunts, get a bong or a pipe. You'll save money in the long run. Besides, water pipes make a funny noise!

SelfBaisResistor

Diabloii.Net Member
Looks like I'll be one of the elderly that still carries cash! It's also is good to see that the NY Times goes down. Dirty liberal media.

I'm all for the 3 shells!

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
Puck Nutty said:
As for the blunts, get a bong or a pipe. You'll save money in the long run. Besides, water pipes make a funny noise!
when you smoke in from a bonk or a pipe you waste more weed, thats why it is better to have some nice papers

nrabbit said:
when you smoke in from a bonk or a pipe you waste more weed, thats why it is better to have some nice papers
I disagree. The herb does not stay burning in a pipe when you aren't inhaling it (usually).

Oh, and paper won't become obsolete, because all of that stuff still requires electricity and maintenance.

ogogo on ice

Diabloii.Net Member
Bongs or no, am I the only one that finds this site creepy in its potential? I mean the way that technology is going, this isn't to far off.

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
ogogo on ice said:
Bongs or no, am I the only one that finds this site creepy in its potential? I mean the way that technology is going, this isn't to far off.
yup thats what i am scared of also :(

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not kidding when I say I swear there were subliminal messages in there. Something about it...

Anyway, no paper will enver become obselete. Every computer can be corrupted/hacked...paper cannot be. No one can change the name on a sheet of paper, yet it can be done on a computer. Paper has too many uses that can never disappear. It may evolve, but never go away.

As for the movie, it was interesting and idealistic. Maybe not idealistic, but out-there, that's for sure. According to past estimates, we should be flying around in hover-cars right now, so I'm going to doubt this whole EPIC thing will happen anytime in the near future, though it is beleivable enough. I especially liked their prospective logo. One more thing, 'Googlezon' sounds funny.