The fun LLD guide

Tridge

Diabloii.Net Member
i'm getting into the process of making a lvl 27 smiter on east ladder sc right now.
gonna use +1 30 ias crys sword, +1 30/20 barbed shld, +1 din 32/30 life/mana 10% dtm ammy, +str/life rings (forget exact stats), death sash, bfist, twitch, 3 pr mask, and one of either treads or gtoe, but most likely treads.
 

ChildOfGod

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember my lvl 24 chargadin a year ago. He used to own 5 people at once and his highest kill must've been numerous lvl 70+s.
 

solartje

Diabloii.Net Member
not sure if theyll work in classic but try these (at least they arent as coockie as a bonesnap charger):

lvl9 (sigon boots), lvl18 (twithc) or lvl25 (exeptional version boots) kicker. beats chargers anytime. (fade, % dmg red, nice boots and ur rocking)

teleporting sumoner (max sumons, amp dmg, weaken charges wand, teleport staf, and max slow (gloves, golem , blallala)) , cast weaken, teleport on them, watch them die

lvl18-29 bonenecro

lvl29 firetrapper (wof)

lvl29 hamerdin/smiter/charger

i think in clasic... the kicksin would be the strongest char combined with the hamerdin. but kicksin atleast arent as coockie. dmg red, nn for any dmg weapon, u can use ele dmg, only item u need are boots. might even be able to make it a hybrid. 1 wof + 1stun just to put him in stunlock, telekick in , and dtalon him to death. he wont even be able to run to town.

fear the kicker townrunners :thumbsup:
 

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
solartje said:
not sure if theyll work in classic but try these (at least they arent as coockie as a bonesnap charger):

lvl9 (sigon boots), lvl18 (twithc) or lvl25 (exeptional version boots) kicker. beats chargers anytime. (fade, % dmg red, nice boots and ur rocking)

teleporting sumoner (max sumons, amp dmg, weaken charges wand, teleport staf, and max slow (gloves, golem , blallala)) , cast weaken, teleport on them, watch them die

lvl18-29 bonenecro

lvl29 firetrapper (wof)

lvl29 hamerdin/smiter/charger

i think in clasic... the kicksin would be the strongest char combined with the hamerdin. but kicksin atleast arent as coockie. dmg red, nn for any dmg weapon, u can use ele dmg, only item u need are boots. might even be able to make it a hybrid. 1 wof + 1stun just to put him in stunlock, telekick in , and dtalon him to death. he wont even be able to run to town.

fear the kicker townrunners :thumbsup:

Sweet idea! .... not. Its a shame there are no assasins in classic.













Fred
 

battleroyale

Diabloii.Net Member
For a level 12 charger, there is an extra point that comes from the Izual quest in normal, that is not used because of the level of skills maxed at that level.

Should it go towards Blessed Aim for the passive AR bonus?
 

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member
battleroyale said:
For a level 12 charger, there is an extra point that comes from the Izual quest in normal, that is not used because of the level of skills maxed at that level.

Should it go towards Blessed Aim for the passive AR bonus?
I put that point into resist cold. Its really useful against higher level orbers and your damage doesnt really suffer much when you switch from might to resist cold.
 

zaxien

Diabloii.Net Member
hrm just found the perfect weap for a LLD a 141 dam cold dam pike lvl 19 req....doesnt beat my LLpk i had in hccl a lvl 12req knockback cd 154 but it will work. Also best way to do a llcharger is to hell rush him and get the extra 8 skills from quests =). put all into charge/might i remember my hccl one hade 3 mules full of ears 30+ and 1 mule of nothing but 60+ ears =) almost 2.5k damage isnt bad on a lvl 19 heh.
 

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Noite Escura said:
Is smite refletcted by IM/Thorns? In some places it is listed as magic damage, in others as physical.
I have tested and can confirm to you that Smite is physical damage, which will get damage returned.

A simple test : Go into CS, get IM on your head and start dancing the sado-masochistarena.
 

bakedpotato

Diabloii.Net Member
I am going to be making a LLD charger. No matter what, ammy/rings will be angelic, boots are treads, helm i think duskdeep. I am stuck between 2 sets for the other items.

1) Sword- Clegs
Shield- Clegs
Gloves- Clegs
Belt- Nightsmoke
Armor- Hawkmail

I like the deadly/crushing for clegs, it slows,30% attack rating, nightsmoke has 50% damage to mana, and hawkmail has no freeze/10% run.

2) Sword- Deaths
GLoves- Deaths
Belt- Deaths
Armor- Twitch
Shield- A rare grim shield (270 def, 9% damage to mana, some other random mods 60% block, req lvl 24, 47 str)

Deaths seems to give more dmg at lower lvls due to the 25-75 cold dmg, lots of life leech, 30% ias, and the benefits of twitch, but it needs lots more strength for deaths set.

Any suggestions?
 

Akukami

Diabloii.Net Member
Level 15 Cleg Charger
---------------------
Helmet: 3-Socket FRuby Mask
Weapon: Cleglaw's Tooth
Shield: Cleglaw's Claw
Armor: Angelic Mantle
Gloves: Clegclaw's Pincers
Boots: Hsarus' Iron Heel
Belt: Hsarus' Iron Stay
Rings: Anglic Halo x 2
Amulet: Anglic Wings

Switch to Hawkmail for Cold Sorcs. Use Tarnhelm if you prefer the +1 Skill over life.

- Akukami
 

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member
do 3socket helmets with level 15 req exist? where did you get it?


anyway, I made some LLDs:
level 14 martel charger
level 12 pike charger

pike is a BAD weapon. martel has higher minimal damage, which results in 1 hit kill and attacks faster when you miss (you hit say 3 times per 1,5 second and only 2 times in the same time with a pike)

I made a holy fire-ravenfrost-ranger - I think he could get some nice damage with 2prepatch sojs, prepatch ravenclaw and max synergies.
Mine doesnt have these items or synergies, but still does nice damage.
I use an etlich amulet to slow down worse players, as well as light gear and cthon boots (to run away)

level 11 defense smiter: cathan rings+amu (20str!), gnasher, sigon set
around 840 defense and level 1 smite. the problem is that I cant find any 30rw boots and a nova sorc might kill this char. But he seems to be pretty good melee


making a healing 1point smiter, not sure what to use, thinking about a 2perfectskull helmet, 2 angelic rings (12regen), 70% block shield. Maybe a tarn? the level 15 healing is faast I think


any other ideas?
Im thinking of level 16 summoner
frost nova sorc
basher
zealot
sacrificer
 

Rawly

Diabloii.Net Member
fledgeling said:
do 3socket helmets with level 15 req exist? where did you get it?
3 socket bone helm or mask have no level req and low str req too, i have found them in nightmare flayers onwards. (you can also you great helms and crowns with 3 sockets and no reqs)
 

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member
martel, maul, level 11 required on mine

anyway the attack with pike reminds me of impale :O
it's so slow (and I have 10ias pike +30ias from sigon)
 

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
Rawly said:
3 socket bone helm
3 socket bone? I've found plenty of 3 socket helms, but none that were the following:

bone helms
war hats
sallets
"caps"

most typically, I use/find 3 sockets of the following:
winged helms
crowns
masks

*shrug*
 

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
speaking of lld's

not sure how many people have the access to self rush, and/or friends that would rush a very low character and do all of the skill quests for such low levels, but if you do, the additional skill quests from nm/hell would most certainly help maximize the damage a lld can do.

In addition, the life quests, etc. (esem's tome?)
 

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member
goomba said:
speaking of lld's

not sure how many people have the access to self rush, and/or friends that would rush a very low character and do all of the skill quests for such low levels, but if you do, the additional skill quests from nm/hell would most certainly help maximize the damage a lld can do.

In addition, the life quests, etc. (esem's tome?)
of course
but sometimes you actually dont need them
(e.g charger - you dont have any place to spend the additional points, unless you put some in defense auras)

60life from the bird quest (forgot name) is very useful, but the bird spawns so randomly and you get exp when you kill :/
tome book is nice

I need to get my char rushed to hell den at least, to maximize the damage
 
Top