The fun LLD guide

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldnt want clegs swords on a double swinger, as u need clegs gloves which do knockback and the sword has low range

Fred

fredsta54 said:
I wouldnt want clegs swords on a double swinger, as u need clegs gloves which do knockback and the sword has low range

Fred

I like my lld bowazon. 6 p emerald bow, Twitch, Mahim oak ammy, Howltusk, some high rez 30fr/w boots, deaths sash and gloves, and two manalds.

You can also go 5 p emerald 1 p saph to slow them down, but with knockback, me thinks this is rather useless.

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
low level dueling opponents

my main problem seems to be finding character to duel.
whenever I make a lld game no one comes except an occasional weak char.

the only way I can find a fight is going to games with several characters in the 20-29 range and challenge them with my low lvl duelers. so far my lvl 16 dueler hasn't found anyone under 30 who can do anything to him. i've even taken several 20+ chars at a time.

I want more of a challenge. how do you find a good fight?
I'm in USEast Ladder.

OOO man today when I was getting rushed, I picked up a 69 dmg hatchet, 134 ed + 8-18 dmg OmG Omg lvl 19 req, base stats required Omg Omg. Anyway I'm really excited about that, gonna make a sexy LLD. Already got a name for it too..TLS-HornyPossum...MWHAHAHAHa.... :lol:

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Murrogh said:
my main problem seems to be finding character to duel.
whenever I make a lld game no one comes except an occasional weak char.

the only way I can find a fight is going to games with several characters in the 20-29 range and challenge them with my low lvl duelers. so far my lvl 16 dueler hasn't found anyone under 30 who can do anything to him. i've even taken several 20+ chars at a time.

I want more of a challenge. how do you find a good fight?
I'm in USEast Ladder.

hmm your east ladder? interesting... :)

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
so r u right?

fredsta54 said:
hmm your east ladder? interesting... :)
wanna duel some time?
i dont have many duelers yet but I plan on making alot of different types and it would be nice to have a good lld to test the viablilty of the builds I make.

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
Standard Legal Tender said:
Can we have a poll to unban joe.. he's a really nice guy and I'd like to discuss a bit about LLD with him.. maybe learn something...just a thought :D .
Agreed... I kind of fine the reason he got banned stupid... I don't agree with the anti-swearing, but I abide by it. Though he did show disregard but making more and more acounts.

Locke07 said:
Agreed... I kind of fine the reason he got banned stupid... I don't agree with the anti-swearing, but I abide by it. Though he did show disregard but making more and more acounts.
Yeah maybe Joey thought he could beat the system.... then got angry when he couldn't.. But since I put up a post on his LLD thread ( this thread ) he Pm-ed me and gave me some ideas, tips and suggestions. I think some of his experience in certain areas could be a positive asset to this forum.. Joey Joey Joey Joey! :innocent:

Still-Xey-Lover

Diabloii.Net Member
Erm it wont let me pm you legal, so i'll just ask here. Will your hatchet ever be for trade? I'm interested in trading for it.

Zodijackyl

Diabloii.Net Member
Level 12 charger with godly rare war hammer. Best Kill Level 94 (GRYM_PROXIMUS, level 94 barbarian, USEast NL)

eggo

Diabloii.Net Member
Found a lvl25 Runesword..does 108 max 1hand..118% ed..too bad it has such high str req..103..still good ?

PetePizza

Diabloii.Net Member
I've had success with a LLD Zealot with the following gear:

Full Cleglaws
Cathan's Jewlery and Mesh
Helm socketed with sapphire and ruby
Snakecord Belt
Unique Barb Boots (or Vidala's, just wanted the +rw speed)

The gear reflects that he's a bit of an afterthought, thrown together with what I had on mules. He's level 13 with one point in Might and the rest into Sacrifice until Zeal was available.

I can go four on one in low level games without a problem because he has so much life, and packs a nice punch. His bane: low level Chargers.

As an aside, how does one aim Charge in a way that results in a series of charges? Duelers hit me with three quick charges, bam bam bam! and I'm dead. I can't seem to aim it correctly. I'll get one and then I'm swinging normal, or running around on accident.

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
PetePizza said:
I've had success with a LLD Zealot with the following gear:

Full Cleglaws
Cathan's Jewlery and Mesh
Helm socketed with sapphire and ruby
Snakecord Belt
Unique Barb Boots (or Vidala's, just wanted the +rw speed)

The gear reflects that he's a bit of an afterthought, thrown together with what I had on mules. He's level 13 with one point in Might and the rest into Sacrifice until Zeal was available.

I can go four on one in low level games without a problem because he has so much life, and packs a nice punch. His bane: low level Chargers.

As an aside, how does one aim Charge in a way that results in a series of charges? Duelers hit me with three quick charges, bam bam bam! and I'm dead. I can't seem to aim it correctly. I'll get one and then I'm swinging normal, or running around on accident.
My LLD zealer is level 16 so I can use twitchthroe, this helps tons as you have 20% better block and faster attack. I would definately use angelics ammy/rings over cathans. you get 115 life 10dex lots of AR and the dtm on ammy always gives me enough mana. if you didn't want to level to 16 for twitch, you could use angelic armor which would give you +1 skill 50mana 150defence and 50 fire resist.

ethos

Diabloii.Net Member
PetePizza said:
Easiest way is to make sure there is nothing behind them, then namelock them and just hold it down until they die. If you stop charging and start swinging at them, charge about 1/2 a screen away and then namelock them again.

Another interesting build would be a fire arrow amazon
lvl 31, Deaths, Twitch, rogues bow, 1+ pris zon amulet, 2 sojs, frw boots, life helmet

Max fire arrow and exploding arrow. Deals out the dmg as far as I remember. It has faster attack speed than a fire sorc and more damage. And it gets away from just melee :rolleyes:

PetePizza

Diabloii.Net Member
ethos said:
Easiest way is to make sure there is nothing behind them, then namelock them and just hold it down until they die. If you stop charging and start swinging at them, charge about 1/2 a screen away and then namelock them again.
How does a player 'namelock?'

Quick report: my clvl13 Zealot, MooMooPooPoo, somehow beat a clvl33 Barb last night! :clap: He didn't didn't blame lag, just said 'nice weapon' and that was that!

And my clvl20 Charger, MooSmack, almost beat a higher level barb and sorc combo, but Charged the barb right into safety of town with an 1/8 of the barb's life remaining. The pair then jumped me. But still! :thumbsup:

Gorny

Banned
fredsta54 said:
Why is SLT banned?

He made a very rude remark about a female poster in the OTF, and was banned by Freet.

He will not be returning.

In the future, when wondering why someone is banned, it is best to PM a mod.

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
PetePizza said:
How does a player 'namelock?'

Quick report: my clvl13 Zealot, MooMooPooPoo, somehow beat a clvl33 Barb last night! :clap: He didn't didn't blame lag, just said 'nice weapon' and that was that!

And my clvl20 Charger, MooSmack, almost beat a higher level barb and sorc combo, but Charged the barb right into safety of town with an 1/8 of the barb's life remaining. The pair then jumped me. But still! :thumbsup:
what realm are you in?