Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Friday Daily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sir Lister of Smeg, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

The Friday Daily

I did some runs with Meteorb in hell yesterday, and ahd a problem finding a good balance between killing speed (aka survivability) and magic find. To my surprise I received the blood mana curse in the Worldstone Keep, in spite of not having spent a single point in energy, and thus pumped her life a bit more. She did find a good Mephisto map, but I did not run him too much, her most interesting find was a dol rune in the Mausoleum while hunting for rejuv potions.

I also continued Ishkadush, my avenger, a bit and he reached the Arcane Sanctuary waypoint. He does have some serious porblems, and I'm thinking how to twink him further in order to reach max resists and increase killing speed without running into mana problems (I made the mistake of maxing vengeance instead of resist fire/lightning/cold/Salvation). Maybe I should try giving him a different mercenary, he stuck with the mercenary he got when first killing Bloodraven in normal. Her main problem is dying to easily, but she does kill effectively. I upgraded his weapon, still Nord's Tenderizer, but I discovered one with 195% enhanced damage in my stash, instead of the 177% he was using. Looking at rune words, I found I do have the runes (but need to check for a weapon) for a silence weapon, but I feel it might be a waste of the vex which I might instead use for, for example, Heart Of The Oak.

2. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

After that rather long meeting at work yesterday, I'm at home now and I'm looking forward to a day of tunnel runs. 30 are done, 70 to go. Speed is up again, between 5 and 6 minutes, and I really think about changing the map because the tunnels themselves are crap. Almost every spot has to be visited twice because of many many sideways. And I still have to wait for my first high TC item in the tunnels.

Besides that, I worked on a plan for my melee blues char. How do we get decent resists for late NM and even more hell (if anybody gets this far)??? That will be the biggest problem I suppose. A lot of equipment changes are due, focussing on one resistance at a time acording to the area you're in, that's my current plan anyways.

3. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Thank god it's friday... And friday for real this time too! Thought it was friday yesterday: it's so annoying to discover that you're wrong and the weekend is still a day away...

Charged Boltress Rage is making her way to Diablo (NM) and she will probably defeat him before i have to go to work, so that's good! Planning to take her through Hell this weekend, and i hope i'll succeed... :)

edit: Yes, Rage has taken down Big D! ;)

4. Sledge

Sledge IncGamers Member

har i don't even have d2 installed :p

5. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

You uninstalled D2? Omg, j00 f00! :p

6. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Well that stinks, and I never even got to MP with you....

As for me I'm trying to have an old friend get my new wolfbarb to lvl 79. I normally hate rushing, but I really don't want to go through normal and nm with 0 combat skills (yes this is me justifying myself). If that doesn't work out then I'll play my wind druid in act 3 norm probably.

7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

TGIF. One more day of work before I can get D2 in regularily. Of course, my first paycheck in 17 months is supposed to be in my bank account atm, so I might spend the weekend in more expensive pursuits (drinking, dating, and generally enjoying life off a budget for a couple of days).

As for RL: I worked from 7:30am until 9:30pm today and managed to sit down for about 3 minutes. It's been a week from hell, with gloams coming out of the woodwork to blast me left, right & center. Unfortunately my chaos sanctuary is still 6 weeks away. New products are always fun when you're trying to coordinate with people on 3 continents, and i'm definitely playing untwinked ;) .

8. Sledge

Sledge IncGamers Member

2 new hdds

maybe i'll put it back on ;)

9. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

*giggles* Oh, that way... then it's ok. ;)

And you'll so install D2 again, you know you will... :p

10. Sledge

Sledge IncGamers Member

its my excuse to get away from it :D

11. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

i got laughed at (in fun) many times for still using a bloodletter in late nm when my wolfbarb was still a pup. but it works, and they wouldnt laugh at him now ;)

did a few pindle runs last night with my blizz sorc, found nothing exciting, except another ik maul which my necro will turn into a golum when his bonesnap ones bite the big one. also got a little closer to clvl92.

cleared some of the blanket weed from my pond too. took ages but had to be done. left the whole area that is full of fish fry and returned a few tadpoles and newts that got caught up. let there be light!

12. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

Friday, 12:33am am here, less than 3 hours away from weekend for me :clap:

Yesterday I finally got a 3 sockets Death Mask(bb socket quest :/ ) and socketed with 3ptopazs, raising my mf to 310 !. Then I did some assorted mf runs, some andy runs, some meph runs. Meph gave me an Arreats Face :D. After that I tried a lot of pindle runs. I got about 1 unique or set for every 10-15 runs. Tals mask was the best...

I think I will come back to meph and run him for a while, hoping to get good CB gear for my merc, maybe a hone sundan a guillaume's face...

13. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

I did not really play Diablo yet today, but did spent four hours cubing, used some 2300 gems together with high item level small charms to get more small charms of good luck, vita, inertia, and balance. The best one I got had both 20 life and 4 resist all.