The Fourth Annual Explain Diablo Contest

friedbananazzzz

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: The Fourth Annual Explain Diablo Contest

Thanks for the contest, it was fun!

I guess I'll take a couple of the doubles, so it won't interfer with anyone else's choice...
I believe these are both from Jaedhann, so are 1.11 SC modded
Code:
Captain's Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x868256ca
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Entrapping Grand Charm
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x50773793
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
friedbananazzzz (at) yahoo (dot) ca

Thanks again!

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

Merlin The Wizzard said:
That shield DOES sound like a memorable trofee though, so I'd love to accept that!

EDIT: MY email address is merlinDOTaDOTwizzard AT hotmail.com
Email sent.

TheReadMenace

Diabloii.Net Member

A big shoutout to DeathMaster for arranging, reading, & judging this contest! It's been fun. I'd anxiously check this thread almost daily hoping there'd be more answers.

Congrats to the winners, and kudos to everyone who participated. Merlin, Atil: You guys did great. You deserved props FTW! And thanks, all, who sent praise in return.

Yay, I got 0.5 points!! :jig: ...I'm two weeks into a restart, so any skiller I end up with will most likely be put to good use! Much appreciated, to any and all who donated itamz.

Palurien

Diabloii.Net Member

Very nice contest indeed mate :)

My email is [email protected]

Thanks for hosting the contest, and making it good, and thanks to all the people who donated prices.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

Quickdeath, since both Merlin and Atil choose not to accept prize item, you have choice. Please let me know which one you prefer.

edit: if anyone interested, all the answers I collected made a 27 pages document.

Oblivious

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd like to have that DeathMaster. Should be a fun read. Can you please forward it to em(dot)pap(at)hotmail(dot)com in any format that you feel ? Thank you :)

Quickdeath

Diabloii.Net Member

Great contest. Hey, I just entered on a lark to write some funny answers. My hat is off to everyone that answered. Some great stuff there.

Well, I guess I'll take the Mara's. Many thanks. Email is [email protected]

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

Oblivious said:
any format that you feel
As someone who promote open standard, you would expect what format I will send. Email sent.

@Quickdeath: email sent as well.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

My internet connection was cut yesterday, and it could be 20 working days or longer before I can get my internet back.

Sorry for the delay of send out prize. muzzz still haven't responded what he may choose. If it takes too long, I will have to hand over the prize stash to someone else.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh this was fun! (I'm pretty sure I explained why the name "belt" was chosen over "purse" in the game already) The best part was that reading one person's idea would give you more of your own. And bring up many more questions.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

water_moon said:
Oh this was fun! (I'm pretty sure I explained why the name "belt" was chosen over "purse" in the game already) The best part was that reading one person's idea would give you more of your own. And bring up many more questions.
Reading the answer is the most fun part.

Anyway, I think I also explained why belt doesn't look like purse in game graphics. It is not I don't like your answer, but there was flaw.

My internet connection should be back in 7 days if everything goes well. If anyone saw muzzz online, please ask him to reply. I cannot visit SPF at work, so the window to logon here and check my message or any reply here is very limited.

Oblivious

Diabloii.Net Member

As someone who promote open standard, you would expect what format I will send. Email sent.

@Quickdeath: email sent as well.
Gogo 140Mb download ! Glad I got that 24 Mbps after all...
Thanks again !

EDIT: 666th post uhhh... I'm evil...

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

Oblivious said:
Gogo 140Mb download ! Glad I got that 24 Mbps after all...
Thanks again !
If you downloaded the full OpenOffice, it is great software pack that you WILL find million times better then M$ crap. It is worth every bit of the download.

If you want to stick with M$, there is office add-on to read international standard standard format.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

My internet connection is back. Still haven't heard from muzzz yet.

I will have to send the prize without him. By tomorrow, I will send out emails, and make up anything muzzz may want from my own stash.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

TheReadMenace said:
Yay, I got 0.5 points!! :jig: ...I'm two weeks into a restart, so any skiller I end up with will most likely be put to good use!
Can you provide the email address I can send to? Thanks.

@Palurien: mule sent to your email address too. Don't worry about the file name, I reused the mule char originally for TheReadMenace.

@friedbananazzz & RubenusPontius: mule sent to your email address.

@muzzz: Would you claim your prize? The following are still available (one each):

sorc cold and fire skiller
pally combat & offensive aura skiller
druid elemental & summoning skiller
zon P&M
necro P&B
sin MA

TheReadMenace

Diabloii.Net Member

My email is "myemailisjoelATgmailDOTcom".

If I have any choice in the matter I'd prefer the cold sorc, combat pally, or the necro skiller. But like I said, any skiller will be one more than I have at the moment... which is none!

Thanks again!
-TRM

Palurien

Diabloii.Net Member

Confirming item received from Deathmaster:

Code:
Entrapping Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xef23bd54
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
Thanks a lot mate :)

Could I ask what version and mod status it is please? :)

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

Palurien said:
Could I ask what version and mod status it is please? :)
All info can be found here http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661083

And @TheReadMenace, email sent. Couldn't give you the cold skiller. I'm short of it myself, so if muzzz asks for one, I cannot replace it easily. But the necro one is fine.

Edit: Thanks for all who donated. The return of unused skiller will be delayed until I heard from muzzz. email sent to Neksja.

TheReadMenace

Diabloii.Net Member

Stash received!

Code:
Fungal Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8f7c9e67
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
Guess one of my next builds will be a Poison Nova necro! Now, to only find the four remaining Trang items. Or a Bramble RW. I'll get right on it.:coffee:

Thanks again, DeathMaster!