The Fountain

Lord Nyax

Banned
The Fountain (Wikipedia)
The Fountain (IMDB)
I feel compelled to allow people some background on these types of things...plus, c'mon, I get to use Google
:jig::jig:
:jig::jig:​

O'course, I've seen Pi. Pretty amazing movie right there...though I gotta say...kinda intense.

Dondrei the Angry Ogre said:
One more Google comment and I'll report you, you lousy adbot.
At least my ad-spams are grammatically correct. Better than the rash of 1-posters we've gotten lately, yes?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
One more Google comment and I'll report you, you lousy adbot.

Sounds interesting, although Hugh Jackman is usually a bad sign.

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
It's very, uh, hairy.

Life requires death. Hmm...nah, don't really buy it. Photosynthesis. OK, the sun's gonna "die," but it's not really "alive."

Plus, I dislike it when movies promote doctors/scientists taking their personal lives over saving millions. Yeah, follow your wife and allow millions of innocent children in the future to suffer; good choice, you selfish bastard.

You do leave the movie thinking, though.

Lord Nyax

Banned
It's very, uh, hairy.

Life requires death. Hmm...nah, don't really buy it. Photosynthesis. OK, the sun's gonna "die," but it's not really "alive."

Plus, I dislike it when movies promote doctors/scientists taking their personal lives over saving millions. Yeah, follow your wife and allow millions of innocent children in the future to suffer; good choice, you selfish bastard.

You do leave the movie thinking, though.
See, if he would just let the woman die, everyone would be happy. Isn't that way it always is? Damn women...always killing millions of innocent children.

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
I really want to see it. Unfortunately, it is difficult to convince any of my friends to watch a movie that doesn't consist of a dude in a dirty wifebeater blowing a bunch of stuff up.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
That might actually be an interesting change to see; Normally in movies the moral good finally outweighs the protagonist's agenda, which, let's be honest.. how many people would actually do something like that. I'd like to say that in some crazy situation I'd pick the thing that's a greater good for everyone, but I'll admit, the temptation would be pretty damn strong to look after my own hide.

Besides that... if he saves his wife, then at least he can try and do his part and repopulate the world. :wink2:

EliManning

Diabloii.Net Member
It's very, uh, hairy.

I got more of a buddhist-slash-lion-king-circle-of-life feel from it. Not that life requires death but that death feeds life.

I don't think that's what they were promoting. "Death is a disease and I'll find the cure" seemed to me to be the movie's thesis statement. Granted that stemmed from his concern for his wife, but I don't think that concern means a lack of concern for everyone else's lives. He is continuing his work after his wife's death, after all.

Savage

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm torn between going to see this film because it sounds interesting and not because the director's engaged to Rachel Weisz. Bastard.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
You use google to search for IMDB and Wiki links?

If you use firefox, you're a n00b; you can install search engines for IMDB and Wikipedia in your searchbar:)
Hmm, that might be useful - how do you do it? Do I have to download an extension?

Lord Nyax

Banned
You use google to search for IMDB and Wiki links?

If you use firefox, you're a n00b; you can install search engines for IMDB and Wikipedia in your searchbar:)
...:embarassed:
I use IE7.
:hide:
As of right now, I prefer it to FF...but we already have a thread about the browser war, so enough of that.