Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The First Paragon 1000 in Season Two

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

The First Paragon 1000 in Season Two

[caption id="attachment_180095" align="alignright" width="189"][​IMG] Add a zero...[/caption]A very busy player has surpassed Paragon 1000 in Season Two, putting the total experience gained by most of the rest of us into complete disrepute. The battletag is is Absidien#1846 and he's played mostly a Monk and a Demon Hunter in Season Two, racking up over 50,000 elite kills with each.

Disclaimer #1: There may be other 1000+ characters since Blizzard doesn't offer a complete leaderboard of Paragon points, and we must refer to third party sites that can only list accounts that have been added to their database. But going by that Diablo Progress listing, second place in the S2 exp race is Gabbynator, who is just over 900. Which sounds like a close second, until you consider that the exp to go from 900 to 1000 is equivalent to the exp to go from P1 to P855. Which means #1 Absidien has more than double the exp of the account in 4th place.

Disclaimer #2: We're talking about softcore, and as is well known, such exp counts only 1/2, or perhaps 1/10th, the *real* exp earned by mortal characters. Thus numerous Hardcore players in the P700+ range are the real MVPs. Or so I like to tell myself.
    Continue reading the Original Story

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. LukDeRiff

LukDeRiff IncGamers Member

"Thus numerous Hardcore players in the P700+ range are the real MVPs. Or so I like to tell myself."

This is especially impressive considering that, as we all know, Hardcore players only play on T1 ;)

3. Timesink

Timesink IncGamers Member

Is there any proof this character wasn't played by a group of people? That's how most people reach 99 in D2. So without proof...yawn. (Even with proof it isn't something I would want to do but still.)

4. XinKaishu

XinKaishu IncGamers Member

here's a shining star ? for listening to podcasts intently! :)

5. N_Tys

N_Tys IncGamers Member

My P220 for season 2 seems rather pathetic.

6. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

Wow, those bots sure spent a long time in 4 party games doing level 40 GRifts all night.

7. mjinspace

mjinspace IncGamers Member

Its interesting to be reminded just how varied the frequency and style of the player base really is. Making a game accessible enough for casuals, but varied enough for heavy users is no easy task...

Now that Absidien has hit P1000 maybe he/she can get some sunlight...

8. dastan

dastan IncGamers Member

The only thing i envy from his/her SS DH is the ancient Krider :'( I want nothing else .....

9. mjinspace

mjinspace IncGamers Member

Totally agree. Ancient Krider is god tier right now, even more so with the changes on the PTR.

10. koko

koko IncGamers Member

Hope he will not chose the eclipse time...

11. Akii

Akii IncGamers Member

I believe he was talking about Classic D2 before LoD times when Bots didn't yet exist.

Only 3 level 99 characters were made before LoD they were all team characters.

The amount of exp gained reduced drastically when you past level 95. Only Diablo would give you any decent exp at all from 91->96 and after 96 only Diablo gave exp but it was lower than before :)

So these teams had like 20-30 people who cleared the Chaos Sanctuary ahead and the team character then would just join these games to take Diablo kills. They had like 5 games all the time open.