Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Female Zealot

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by tl998, Mar 10, 2004.

1. tl998

tl998 Banned

The Female Zealot

Once I get the runes to make Delirium and Passion runewords, I'm going to make a female zealot.

I'll have to look up the Zeal breakpoints for an assasin somewhere, but with Burst of speed to replace Fanatacism, and Heart of Wolverine to help, I hope I can hit 4 frames per zeal! Tdea is basically the same as a zealot: Whack things a lot. This build will use a maxed venom to give a bit of extra damage, and will also Delirium runeword to confuse monsters!

For the rest of gear, I'd probably use (keep in mind I'm poor):
    Laying of Hands
    Natalya armor (for +shadow skills) or LionHeart armor (more ED is always good)
    Aldurs or Nats boots
    String or IK belt
    Moser's Blessed Circle

Ammy/rings: Here's the part that requires a bit of thinking. This build might have some AR problems, so I was thought at first: Atma's ammy. But Atma's amp damage would override the confuse sometimes, which would be bad. The only other thing I can come up with at the moment is: Angelic rings and ammy.

Now, since the passion runeword already gives an AR bonus, do you think I can get by with only using some charms to boost AR ( have a few of charms that do)? If I can free up my ammy slot I can use a Cat's eye to slow monsters a bit, give me life leech, and very importly, an extra +skill to give me 5 swings with zeal.

I think I'll make my Passion weapon out of a Phase blade. Can they spawn Ethereal? If so that'd kick butt! It's also fast as heck!

EDIT: I was checking a weapon speed calcutor. It seems to indicate that the fastest normal swing with a phase blade is 8 fps no matter what ias you have. Is that true? And so far, I have no been able to locate weapon speed breakpoints for zealing with an assasin. Can anyone help me out with that?

2. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Ethereal Phase Blades don't exist. I'd hope for a perf. Superior one, though, the ED on 'Passion' is pretty low.

I have an Enchantress using a 'Passion' Phase Blade, and from experience, I can tell you the Heart of Wolverine is just gravy. It gets killed too often in Hell, unless you actively try to teleport when it runs into danger(which ruins your momentum) or have a lot of Orts to burn.

As for AR, don't forget Enchant charges(from Demon Limb though IIRC, another unique mace also has lower levels of Enchant charges).

Can't help you with Zeal frames. I'd assume they are the same with a Paladin using a Phase Blade, but testing by Ruvanal on the Amazon Basin(can't link for obvious reasons) seems to point toward Sorceresses have different Zeal framebreaks, so it's reasonable to assume the same applies to Assassins.

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

How expensive are the ENCHANT charges to repair? I've thought about Demon Limb, but I'm not sure how long it lasts, and how often I'd have to repair the darned thing.

As far as I know, the regular attack speed of Assasins and Paladins are the same for a Phase Blade, while the sorceress's attack is 2 frames slower. I'd guess that zeal breakpoints for an assasin with a phase blade should be very similar, if not identical to a Pally's zeal. Still, I'd like to have some exact numbers.

Now as for the HoW dying too quickly...did your sorc have any crowd control skills? After playing my Ghost my crowd control skills using CoS and MB has improved dramatically. Now add in Confuse curse, a shadow, and a merc and I think Ithe monsters should leave my HoW alone...I hope. You know...it may be a long time before I can make a delirium runeword. the main purpose of confuse is to make the monsters fight each otehr. If I just use MB more, then I can achieve the same effect. Then, I can also use Atma's Scarab for more AR, and chance to cast AMP! This is worth looking into. However, then I'd need +skills from elsewhere to get 5 zeals. Where do you suggest?

4. det

det IncGamers Member

Repairing charges is usually insanely expensive..the higher the spell, the more expensive, Not sure if I could repair my Hexfire with Hydra charges (170 000 or so?) when I found it

Funny about the oak dying. When I want to enchant an Oak Sage with my lv 68 sorc, It says the thing is immune to Physical and poison attacks. So..it only dies to other elemental attacks? Or a false info

5. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

upgraded ethereal Dimensional blades don't become ethreal undestrutible Phase blades?

6. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Yes, they do, but you can't upgrade an ethereal grey item that's been runeworded. Only rares and uniques can be upgraded.

I would suggest the ever-popular Guilliame's Face + Goblin Toe combination. With BoS, r/w speed won't be an issue, and you'll need all the Crushing Blow you can get.

I'd suggest the full Orphan set but I imagine you want some resists. So in the absence of full Orphan I recommend:

Death's Gloves + Sash (15% resist all, 30% IAS, 8% LL)
    Gore Riders or Goblin Toe boots (either 25% Crushing Blow or 15% Crushing Blow w/icing)
    Gulliame's Face
    dual pdiamond Moser's or pdiamond Stormshield
    Chains of Honor (the ultimate) or "Gloom" body armor or "Smoke" body armor
    Angelic amulet + rings or Mara's + resist rings

Without resists you will be dead meat. Without DR you will be dead meat. With both you will simply be a poor Zealot that relies on Crushing Blow.

The reason why Sorceresses swing so slowly is that apparently their 1h animations (as well as Amazons) have a bad "repeat" point - something that Zeal uses to determine it's timing and breakpoints. [Am I explaining this even remotely right?] Barbarians and Paladins have correct animations. I have no idea about Assassins, but if they are correct, you could go VERY fast with Zeal.

I would consider trying to reach a "best case" speed without BoS and going with Fade. Even with CoH and dual pd Moser's I have trouble seeing how you'll get anywhere near maxed resists. This is why I don't like Assassins so much anymore - they seem to be a tradeoff of speed vs survival vs damage :(

You'll have to have pretty high dex to hit anything, too.

7. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I've heard good things about the assassin using zeal,
    and the IAS on burst of speed is very comparable to fana.
    I'm pretty sure the assassin reaches 5fpa or even 4fpa with BoS and zeal

8. tl998

tl998 Banned

With a phase blade I should easily reach 4 frames per swing. And somewhere in my gear I want to scrounge up enough +skills to reach +4 to all skills. I'll need it to get 5 swings from zeal. I just don't know where I can get +4 to all skills though. I don't have Maras, or Chains of Honor, or anything expensive like that. Hekc, I don't have a gore riders. I don't plan on using crushing blow for my build. If I want to use crushing blow I'll make a freakin DTalon Assasin (which is fun, I can imagine).

9. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I'm not quite sure on how you plan on killing anything with no mastery and no Crushing Blow. You gonna get Venom to do ALL the work? Good luck with that! :eek:

Delirium would be a huge help if you can pull it together. I have one on a merc and it's funny in the extreme.

As for CoH/skills, the simplest solution is a Skin of the Vipermagi. +1 all skills, and resists. And don't get so worked up about amulets either. A Saracen's is a great choice, comes with stats and resists, and is a lot cheaper than Mara's. You should be able to get one.

10. Ritslev

Ritslev IncGamers Member

11. mrp935

mrp935 IncGamers Member

Ok, maybe I'm a total nub.

But it seems to me like Venom totally deserves an AR bonus.
    Considering it's a lvl30 skill with crap for poison duration.

Reading through a lot of Assassin builds, I see that most non-trappers do 2 things
    1) max Venom
    2) have shitty AR

you find a similar problem trying to make an Elemental Paladin (especially Rangers); I find the Holy auras could sure use an AR bonus to make them actually useful compared to, say, using Fanat or Convic.

But at least Paladins can use the B.aim passive AR bonus. Assassins have no comparable AR bonus skill when not using Martial Arts (i.e. in this case: when they're using Zeal).

12. aleks

aleks IncGamers Member

a good passion would add around 120%ar already, combine that with

demon limb enchant, 200%
    aldur boot+armor 150%
    that's 470% right there?

which would give u around 10k ar easily, even much more with angelic sets

and if ur gonna use bos, use a slower weapon, possibly a legendary mallet, u only need 60 or 65 ias to reach 4 frame zeael. that would give u aroudn 180avg dmg which isn't too bad.

zeal speed is maximum normal swing speed divided by 2. so the max zeal speed is 8/4/4/4/4. try using the weapons calculator on the german diablo ii site.

13. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

In Nightmare Mode it has those two immunities. In hell it only has poison immunity. Don't forget +all skills to get the Zeal to 5 hits

14. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

The + all skills I'd look at the Helm and Ammy for 4 maybe you can scrounge up another on your Armor. This wouldn't be do able if you were going for Crushing Blow but since you're not... You get 2 from Delirium, 2 from Mara's or Highlords and 2 from Chains of Honor looks good. You have to give up the Amp of Atma's though. I don't think Atma's would be useful since you already have a bunch of curses going off: Confuse, Blind, Hit Causes Monster to Flee(HCMTF).

I don't think Blind or HCMTF can overwrite Confuse so I think you're safe there. I'd consider knockback gloves (crafted hit power) look for IAS, knockback, and resists. Knockback works well with blind. It may be redudant with HCMTF though. Venom is on for 10frames so knockback may have good timing with zeal and such so you're not infecting the same baddie over and over. If it turns out that you don't need the knockback, and Demon limb is too expensive for you to maintain... Then you may want to try lava gouts... 2% isn't bad for the duration and the amount of times you will be swinging. Also it's 100% ar... half of demon limb but you don't need to repair it.

Good luck with it...

15. tl998

tl998 Banned

I'm thinking about not using delirium, because most likely i won't have the funds to get it. I don't have CoH, Highlord, Maras, Sacaren's either *sigh*. It's going to take a while to scrounge together the equipment I'll need...

16. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Hm....seems to be different in the case of HoW, though. It takes damage from Physical attacks IME. I tried looking at its stats using the 'Unsummon' button, and it only showed 'Immune to Poison'. EDIT: Oops, a bit too late. Check mememe's response.

tl998: No crowd control skills(except a low level Frozen Orb I rarely used) on my Enchantress. The thing is, spirits really are free spirits...they either latch on to you(bad if you're a melee character, in your instance) or roam around in a circle around you(good, as long as you aren't flanked). Some games you could just cast the Spirit once and never have it die, others you may end up re-casting it every 30 seconds. IME, though, HoW really latched on to my Enchantress.

17. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho IncGamers Member

Only in N and NM mode. In Hell it's not longer immune to physical immunes (if it's like the Oak Sage)

edit : same than nali sry ...

18. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

assasin zeal = dragon talon.
    passion on an assasin = VERY weak dragon talon so why even try...

you want zeal on an assasin make a dragon talon kicker

19. Select

Select IncGamers Member

zeal= unique assassin
    zeal= hit more than one monster

its all about fun.

20. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Hey... do you actually have the Passion? Here is something that should work in theory that would be worth testing out:

Tiger Strike and Beserk - TS isn't usually recommended with weapons since the % damage is added to the weapon % damage... Therefore a +1400% ED TS and +270% ED on a Runeword will give the weapon a total ED of 1670%. This is a disadvantage to using a weapon given that in the instance of an attack like Charge or Leap attack the 270% ED is multiplied by the skill +670% Damage to give you a total damage of: 270%ED * 6.7 damage = 1809%ED [I know I didn't add the 1 for your base but this is for Enhanced damage either way it's more damage]. Now since Beserk is one of those more conventional skills like charge it should multiply the entire Tiger Strike and do a bunch of damage... kinda like Dragon Tail...

Now you're wondering why not just do Dragon Tail?: It's area of effect and the boot damage of Myrmydon Greeves is hard to beat. Well... Dtail has to connect to get the explosion... so if you don't do any physical damage then you don't do any fire damage (ex: try Dtail on phys immunes). Beserk is quite different since the magic damage is always out there (ex: yes, you can kill phys immunes with just beserk). As for AoE... He mentioned his Ghost build which consists of a lot of 'blinding' and stunning so he doesn't need the AoE.

Now this is all theory so you should probably test it on an existing TS + Dtailer.

If anyone tests let me know if it works... I'm too poor to afford a Passion T.T

P.S. Naliworld: cool sig