Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The fastest way through the game?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Hrus, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

The fastest way through the game?

I want to go through the game as quickly as possible.
    Lines around that goal:

The final target will be the Hell Hellforge.
    Character will be twinked, 1.10 SC, no mods.
    All quest items needed to complete the game will be obtained by the character itself (will not be twinked).

I need an advice on :
    1) suitable build
    2) strategy of leveling
    3) items to use

I am thinking about sorceress (teleport), probably Frozen Orb as the main skill.
    1st stage: lvl 1-15 probably using normal staff with +3 charged bolt and lot of chipped saphires socketed in body and helm.
    2nd stage: lvl 15-30 Twitchthroe and 1.09 Ravenclaw, Death gloves + belt. (50% IAS with 1.09 Ravenclaw - I did that several times)
    3rd stage: lvl 31-41 Forb and teleport, lot of mana will be needed. suggestions? Serpents GC are available at lvl 35...
    4th stage: 42 ~ Occy at lvl 42 will help a lot, Liddless wall at lvl 41, +3 cold skills/10%FCR amu at lvl 45

So this is my strategy. I think I will try to not kill monsters I don't need, just to keep my level at 20/40 for ancients, then maybe some EXP runs before Hell. I have no idea what mercenary to use...

EDIT: If you have better ideas, just share...

2. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

just how fast do you expect to finish the game?
    a trapsin could be a good ideea as well (BoS, CoS - both can help alot)

3. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

I think It isn't a bad plan.

Maybe a HF merc since having more def from a defiance one wont make a difference, as your level will be too low on hell. Also a good amount of life will be good.

I bet Duriel hell will be your thoughest opponent. Your merc will die too fast and you can't dodge duri with tele :(

4. San

San IncGamers Member

Snakes GC's are available much earlier.

LIES, I can.

5. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

Hmm, you don't want to kill much? Then perhaps a pally with lots of Vigor, it's cheaper and more safe than teleport, and almost as fast. You always see where you are running, you are fast enough to outrun most foes.

6. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

A strafer with a 1.09 Raven Claw is a very efficient killer, if you choose to go the "kill monsters" route. :)

Dave

7. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

Well I always find teleing on tal rashas chamber buggy, don't you?

PS: No need to be rude...

8. San

San IncGamers Member

Oh.. It's just that I've almost matted three sorcs now in the last few weeks (places they're at: act 3, act 3, act 4), and I don't remember having any problems there :scratch:

Might be wrong then again.

9. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Explosion arrows work only with normal attack AFAIK. Or don't?

@phatbrava: my goal is under 3 hours.

@Cormallon: Vigor with Blessed hammer? That could be done...

EDIT: @Rugruth: My sorcs usually can Tele in his durance too and kill him without a problem.

10. San

San IncGamers Member

True. As well as Magic Arrow from WWS.

Edit: Under three hours? Or do you mean just normal? If so, then you probably won't be getting to that lvl 42, to wield Oculus.

Edit2: To Hell Hellforge... :eek: in three hours? Impossible.

11. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

Dunno, maybe its the lack of FHR and the recovery from his cold pulse. I usually level the sorc a bit more and somewhat tank him taking half the hits (my merc takes the other half).

12. San

San IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's pretty much my strategy too with act-bosses :) I really don't like the merc dying.. besides, I tend to survive much better (sorc's fragile? bah!) then my merc, since I like to twink :D And wasn't there the thing that act-bosses do multiple damage to mercs?

13. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I am maybe too much optimistic with 3 hours, but I know I can do normal in hour and half when skipping some area and without teleport.

14. Shakes

Shakes IncGamers Member

If you're trying to go hellforge for runes, it's going to be much faster and easier if you just multiplay and rush yourself with a higher level character. Why is it you don't want to take that route?

15. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

wow

Code:
    Best time: 1:58:22 by David 'marshmallow' Gibbons on 11.06.05, done in
    10 segments. 
    Diablo is one of those games where if someone mentions the idea of speed running
    everyone will point and laugh.
    Initial estimates hovered around the SDA seven hour limit.
    I am proud to present to you, a character from scratch, with no tweaking
    whatsoever, on /players 1, a sub two hour run from creation to Baal's anguish
    on normal difficulty (although describing it as a difficulty is more of a
    misnomer; Diablo is unique in the way its difficulties are arranged).
    this is from a webpage, if the mods dont mind, i'll post the link later

this guy went untwinked, normal difficulty only

16. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

im thinking your doing this in 1.10, with no rusher, for something different and for the style points:clap:

you might have to try it with several characters to find the ultimate, could be fun, and the more characters you try the more hellforges.

personally i'm thinking that it might be the funnest with a frenzy barb, also i would think whatever character you go with, it would be higher effeciency to run normal and nightmare on p8 (cept bosses maybe)... could be tough though... but ya gotta level a little at some point. Im interested in knowing your strategy running through the acts. ??

Straight to andy?
    tele into the palace, then guess which tomb?
    collect khalims will... or twink one in?
    skip straight to the forge, then p1 for the sanctuary?
    head for the mountains? no bush pls

sounds like fun

17. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

You are right. I don't like rushing, so I just want to test how fast I can be (and have fun). And I was inspired little bit by the article phatbrava mentioned. I like to have one or two mid-high runes, but I will not do this kind of "run" repeatedly.

I think I will kill all monsters in my way in normal (want to be 30 or more when facing baal), but I will skip more and more monsters later. I think will be orbing only large packs of monsters later (the experience per time will be more efficient) to keep my level reasonable.

18. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

For early levels, a socketed staff with mana per kill is nice. Socket that with tir runes and you are good to go.

19. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I've been thinking about how to best do this basically since 1.10 came out. Still not sure what can be achieved.

Twinked is a whole different ballgame than untwinked. They're not comparable at all. But at the same time you don't want to burn minutes twinking precisely, you want to make efficient twinks that will last a while.

You'll need to kill for exp to get skill points but you only want to hit fast exp monsters. Easy boss packs are your best shots, especially superuniques because you know in advance what to expect.

Since the monsters you "must" kill are mainly the bosses, and TP is in the same tree as SF, I'm pretty sure a lightning sorc is the way to go. Put all points into those two skills, then just gear her up to be as tanky as possible with as much FCR and mana regen as possible (points into Warmth too I guess).

For NM, you'll need a killing skill in addition to SF. I hate sorcs so this is where I start to be unsure. You won't be getting enough skill points to make a full build, so you have to go for somethig very efficient with low investment. Twinked, you'll be carrying +skills of course, so you can maybe get something happening.

You'll have to balance fast progress with stopping some time to gain exp. Skipping monsters is initially faster but will slow you down later. Best way to juggle the two aims is a "hard" question. Might take a bit of trial and error.

Good luck :)

20. Jippesaw

Jippesaw IncGamers Member

This is my idea,

Make a charger...

Pump might initially, and with ur rougue merc initally, shld be easy to run past the earlier levels. Boss monsters shld not be a problem.

then when you get charge, it gets easier. Get a 2 handed weapon and just charge all the way to your destination. Hope you can finish pumping charge before you hit hell.

Upon reaching hell level, you will face some tough physical immunes.(think you definitely need more than one element to finish the ancients) So maybe you can add some pts to vengence, but I don't know whether blocking is needed here, since you are playing SC. Add a few pts to conviction.(mainly to solve AR problems) Then the rest add to vigor.

I am also not sure what merc would be the best option, but i will personally use a freezing arrow rouge merc.

These are my few cents. Hope they help.