Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

the fastest attacker

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by bluedragoon, Jun 10, 2005.

1. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

the fastest attacker

hi, i wanted to know what the fastest attacker is. Dmg doesnt matter, just speed: what would be the fastest combinatian a char can have?

2. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

well if consider it an attack: strafe with 7/2 fpa

if not werebear: 4fps with 115 ias on weapon. then a pala with 5 fpa zeal iirc.

don't know but a frenzied throwbarb might be fast too

3. tarzanell

tarzanell IncGamers Member

Actually, the fastest attack in the game is a bear assa.

Equip an artisan's (3 soc) greater/runic talon of quickness (40 ias), and 3 shael it up, and you'll his 2 fpa. Yup, it's insane, but you'll hit it. The speed is noticably greater than a zealot, who maxes out at 4 fpa. Your damage will be greatly compromised tho (maybe a 40 ed in a storm?)

Remember, bears' ias is calculated ONLY on weapons, so other ias will be nullified.

If you go for it bluedragoon, good luck getting the claw...the best I found after months of searching was a 2 soc greater talon of quickness, which meant I only hit 3 fpa. Either way, you'll probably need a runic talon and ed jewels to manage in hell.

4. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

Frenzy barb has gotta be up there too - 2 fast swords full of shaels adding to the massive increases in attack speed from frenzy, decent damage increase from the skill too. You also get to run at like 725 mph!

5. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

u can get dmg from venom as well right ? at that speed it would be activated 12,5 times in a second(25 frames wright) so maybe elemental dmg or something

6. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I believe frenzy is capped at 5fps, even with dual 6 shaeled phase blades and a high fanatacism.

7. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

Is that for each weapon or for each double swing?

8. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

per weapon. 5 frames per weapon, 10 for a full frenzy.

9. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

Well - at least i now know not to bother with too much IAS for the Frenzy im building! The super speed running is still fun though :D

10. Aucon

Aucon IncGamers Member

lmao! Yes they do tend to get a little "bionic" with a full Frenzy charge.

11. slam

slam IncGamers Member

this would be a good build if you could also load up on 100% CB

12. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

dual wield ww barbs average 2 frames/attack, but technically, as the two attacks come out in the same frame every 4 frames, they are actually getting 2 attacks in 1 frame (assuming, of course, that there are two valid targets in range for all frames.)

13. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

No longer true. When there's a single target in the WW range, it can be hit by both weapons. 'Newly' discovered WW feature.

14. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

rock on. :)

i've got a naj's puzzler that i was trying to figure out a use for. :)

edit: oh wait. do the two attacks come out in the same frame? before, for 2 wep ww vs a single target, the weps would alternate hits, but it would remain 1 attack per 4 frames vs a single target. what you say here, does it mean you can now get better than 1 attack per 4 frames vs a single target with 2 weps?

15. tarzanell

I apologize for changing the topic back, but ye Blue, skills to master with the bear assa definitely include venom, fade, and claw mastery. Remember that BoS will be cancelled out by fade, so no points there. The rest of the build is pretty open, I suppose that blade shield thingy would help, and you could even consider popping some points in Shadow Master.

As for your attack, it is suprising how much damage you will do over just a few seconds. Like I said, I only equipped a regular greater talon, but I owned nm without any charms. I know that sounds stupid to read, but with non-cookie cutter builds, even pwning carvers is a treat :p

If you can get ahold of some max/ar/life charms, or some good elemental sc's (maybe cold, as you might be taking substantial damage and it would help to slow 'em down), that would be a huge boost too.

16. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Technically speaking a weredruid has no caps on his attack speed, I once fooled around in single player creating a 1000% ias demon crossbow to see just how fast the druid would attack, i believe it was 1 fpa but anyway u couldnt even see the full attack animation, it was like 20 attacks a sec :clap:

17. tarzanell

Wow! I wonder if it's just a bug on blizz's part, or whether they intended to leave the cap off werebears' attacks...1 fpa, jeez. puts zealots in their place eh? :lol:

18. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

It seems like a feature..Not like its possible to attain legitly though. The fastest u could go is that bear assn, or a bear druid using a 4 shael jewelers demon crossbow of quickness (3 fpa- only possible with hunger).

19. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

When dual-wielding WW can now hit a single target twice per 4 frames. This only happens when there's just one enemy in WW range (range 5), otherwise the second attack will be attempted at the other, and possibly fail thanks to being out of range.

20. YellowDyeNo5

YellowDyeNo5 IncGamers Member

This bear assassin thing sounds fun. Loading up on CB, I see that...wouldn't burst of speed help with the framerate a bit (making up for the difficulty of finding such a claw)? And the bear of course would be from beast if I'm not mistaken...would having a faith bow on a merc allow you to attain any faster attacks, or do fanat and BoS not affect bear attacks at all? Either way...seems like a fun one to try.