The Fahionistas Tournament!

FredOfErik

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: The Fahionistas Tournament!

Got a bit of playtime down yesterday afternoon. Hermes is really just cruising atm. Dual wielding for the extra AR. He's probably at around 180 AR right now, and I doubt that I will have the patience/luck to get the +400 thing Mav described.

Hermes, act 1 N, lvl 12

Code:
Forum Name     Name       Class/Type       Current Fashion             LVL    Highest WP       Points
========================================================================================================
Malevolent     Fickle     Throw Barb       AR                          20     Catacombs 2       435
Psymayn        Superbia   Kick/trap sin    Mana                        20     Catacombs 2       208
FredOfErik     Hermes     Conc Barb        Attack Rating 	       12     Dark wood         0
kestegs        BlingKing  Teslot           Vitality                    1      Rogue camp        0
Garai          Hector     Beserker         Strength                    1      Rogue Camp        0
Malevolent     Fickle     Throw Barb       AR                          1      Rogue Camp        0

RIP

Forum Name     Name       Class/Type       Fashion When Died      LVL    Place Died       Points
========================================================================================================

Malevolent     Barbie     Fire Zealot        Cold               33           Diablo        675

EmperorMoo

Diabloii.Net Member

I have to start an Assassin for my sept, and I hate doing Assassins. So what better way to get started than with a tournament?

MissRedTrousers is currently at the start, and this is how she rolled:

3.Defence
5.Mana Leech
6.Gold Find
7.Magic Find x2
12.Fire Damage
15.Poison Damage x2
20.Attack Rating x2

Strange to get 3x duplicates, but that's randomness for you, and the human tendency to look for patterns in it.

Code:
Forum Name     Name       Class/Type       Current Fashion             LVL    Highest WP       Points
Malevolent     Fickle     Throw Barb       AR                          20     Catacombs 2       435
Psymayn        Superbia   Kick/trap sin    Mana                        20     Catacombs 2       208
FredOfErik     Hermes     Conc Barb        Attack Rating               12     Dark wood         0
kestegs        BlingKing  Teslot           Vitality                    1      Rogue camp        0
Garai          Hector     Beserker         Strength                    1      Rogue Camp        0
Malevolent     Fickle     Throw Barb       AR                          1      Rogue Camp        0
Emperor Moo    M.R.T.     Melee            Defence                     1      Rogue Camp        0

RIP

Forum Name     Name       Class/Type       Fashion When Died      LVL    Place Died       Points

Malevolent     Barbie     Fire Zealot        Cold               33           Diablo        675

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

Act 2 was finally completed :) And with a pretty good score as well!

I ran tombs until I was 30, and then cubed up all of my topazes into 5 normal quality ones:

so the Mf totals were:
Hat:32
Armor:48
Ring:12
Ring:14
Amulet:25
Gloves:22
Boots:32

Total: 185x2=370

Duriel was a joke, he took about 10 seconds on /p8 and I didn't use a single potion :)

The next fashion is CB/OW/DS I don't have any gear that has to change right now in my stash at least :)

Code:
FredOfErik     Hermes     Conc Barb        Attack Rating               12     Dark wood         0
kestegs        BlingKing  Teslot           CB/OW/DS                    30     Start act 3       370
Emperor Moo    M.R.T.     Melee            Defence                     1      Rogue Camp        0

RIP

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

Act 3 is also now finished. There's not a lot in the CB/OW/DS besides weapons, and my current steel flail was tied for first place with 50% and so it stayed on me right up before the end. I ran council a lot, so that I could get an ort and a Pruby, so I could craft some gloves. Made myself a malice in a morning star right before I took on meph.

so...
malice: 100% OW = 300 points
gloves 6% CB= 18 points

Total=318 points

Next will be Mana leech :( which means I have to wave goodbye to my steel flail for the act, as I have a berserker's hatchet in my stash. Hopefully I can find something better than that to take on big D with!

He is still just mowing down everything with his 1k zeal now :) never realized how OP a light zealot was in the early part of the game!

Code:
kestegs        BlingKing  Teslot           mana leech                  35     Start act 4       688

RIP

Malevolent

Diabloii.Net Member

Act 4 outa get you

diablo is really hard with zeal because zeal locks you in place

Can't play much till the weekend for me. RL getting in the way as usual :jig:

EmperorMoo

Diabloii.Net Member

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/screenshot053xr.jpg/

Stupid Assassins and their stupid claws and stupid LE Archers with their stupid pin-point accuracy on stupid /players8!

I'm so used to playing twinked that suddenly playing untwinked is a real shock. I'll create MissRedTrousersII either today or tomorrow and get back in here.

Code:
kestegs        BlingKing  Teslot           mana leech                  35     Start act 4       688

RIP

Malevolent     Barbie     Fire Zealot        Cold                 33           Diablo        675
EmperorMoo     M.R.T.     Melee              Defence              13           Tower Lvl3        0

Last edited:

Malevolent

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry about your deeds

gonna do a couple of andy runs quick b4 school starts :)

:jig::jig::jig:

Garai

Diabloii.Net Member

Great, I died too. I was distracted by the TV while fighting Andariel. Fantastic! I will reroll and rejoin though. I still can add up my points though, right?

Edit: No, ok then.

Code:
Helm   - 20 points - Flawed Amethyst (4 Strength)
Amulet -  0 points
Weapon -  0 points
Armor  - 30 points - 2 Chipped Amethysts (6 Strength)
Gloves - 10 points - (2 Strength)
Ring 1 - 10 points - (2 Strength)
Ring 2 -  5 points - (1 Strength)
Belt   -  0 points
Boots  -  0 points

Total  - 75 points
I guess it could have been better, but it was my first try, I can be forgiven, can I not!?

Code:

RIP

Malevolent     Barbie     Fire Zealot        Cold                 33           Diablo        675
EmperorMoo     M.R.T.     Melee              Defence              13           Tower Lvl3    0
Garai          Hector     Berserker          Strength             19           Andariel      0
Edit: Changing points to zero!

Last edited:

Malevolent

Diabloii.Net Member

Wow deeds everywhere

techically the points don't count unless you acatually killed her :(

5 andy runs and not 1 s/u the WHOLE ACT!

gonna run her untill she drops bloodfists i think

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

More progress:

Act 4 has been finished, Started out a bit hairy with that slow mana leech axe needing to be used. Got better as I soon shopped a 7% ML long sword. Not much to report, did a lot of running, looking for better gear, but never found much.

Score:
Sword: 7%
gloves: 3%
mask(craft): 4%

total 14% x 15 =210 points

And yes, I did zeal diablo to death, and yes, I did eat lightning hose, and no, I didn't use a single juv :p Consider yourself avenged :jig:

Act 5 has rolled life, which isn't too bad really. It means that I get to put my steel flail back on, and I get to put bloodfist back on as well. armor, belt, helm and amulet all got swapped out though for not so nice stuff, but no biggie.

Code:
kestegs        BlingKing  Teslot           life                        38     Start act 5       898

RIP

EmperorMoo     M.R.T.     Melee              Defence              13           Tower Lvl3    0
Garai          Hector     Berserker          Strength             19           Andariel      0

Swamigoon

Diabloii.Net Member

Okay, I'll join the fun. The editors at my favorite fashion magazine, Teen Demon Beat, are planning upcoming issues focusing on these nine fashion trends:

1. life
  2. defense
  3. mana leech
  4. dexterity
  5. vitality
  6. energy
  7. cold damage/resist
  8. chance to block/fast block rate/fast hit recovery (two rolls on this one)
  9. chance-to-cast

They have sent away their most annoyingly narcissistic model, Zoolander the druid summoner, on his career in high fashion, beginning with a search for the finest in low level icb/fbr/fhr gear.

Code:
Swamigoon      Zoolander  summon druid     icb/fbr/fhr                 1      rogue camp        0

RIP

EmperorMoo     M.R.T.     Melee              Defence              13           Tower Lvl3        0

Malevolent

Diabloii.Net Member

good too see more entrys

time to run andy some more now thst it is my lunch break

:jig::jig::jig:

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

Good to see some fresh meat :nod:

I have made it all the way up to WSK 2 WP. Running pindle to get some levels up, so that I can shop my final +life gear. I got unlucky at Anya, and she gave me a bad shield with a bit of +life on it :( so I had to use that instead of my ancients pledge. Shouldn't be too much longer until I am ready to take on baal. I've been lucky so far and haven't gotten any +life weapons, not that they are very common, since it can only spawn on rare mace/club type weapons, lets hope I can hold onto this steel for the rest of the act.

Edit: what do we do if we don't meet the requirements for an item that is more fashionable? (str/Dex)
Hasn't happened yet, but I bet it will eventually.

Last edited:

Swamigoon

Diabloii.Net Member

Zoolander: "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."

Well, he hasn't found out what that is yet. But having slain the dreaded Andy, he just makes do with being ridiculously attractive in the following blocking and hit recovery gear:

• 10fhr on "Dread Blazer" rare Heavy Boots
  • 10fhr in a Mask of Balance <-- (this alone does wonders for the druid's facial beauty) ;)
  • 17fhr in a Light Belt of Equilibrium
  • 25fhr in a Stealth runeword Studded Leather
  • 30fbr and 20icb in a Small Shield of Deflecting

Rare gloves, a "Gull" unique dagger, and some "bling of greed" on the collar and fingers rounded out his fabulous outfit. After Zoolander offed Andy while posing in this handsome ensemble, Teen Demon Beat magazine cut him a nice paycheck of 224 points! (On switch he has a Buckler of Deflecting, but unless :jig: Malevolent :jig: deems otherwise, he isn't counting a score for gear that was hiding on weapon switch when Andy flamed out. Also, his rogue mercenary is completely unfashionable, but I'm assuming that all of the fashion score has to come from the hero and not the entourage. Are these correct rules for scoring, :jig: Malevolent? :jig: ?)

Zoolander had a sweet opening act. Early on while hunting for Deckard Cain, he found a wolf's head pelt that gave him +3 to the summon spirit wolf skill. Yippy Eye Oh, that's a superb start for the fashion show! He strutted this stuff for most of the rest of the act, until Charsi finally sold a fashionable Cap of Balance, just after hitting the Cat 2 waypoint.

It took him nearly twenty-five runs at the Countess to find the runes for Stealth, and a bit longer before Charsi would sell a two-socket armor worthy of that fashionable recipe. But on one of those runs, Countess dropped a unique dagger! That Gull became his primary weapon from then on, providing a noticeable increase in his identify scroll consumption rate.

Just before battling Andy, he hauled about 200K gold over to Gheed and spent it all on gloves, gauntlets, and bigger belts and hats. Unfortunately, except for his mask, none of them had any fashionable mods, so he ended up wearing some cute rare heavy gloves with lightning and poison resists.

Just before hitching a ride with Warriv, Zoolander asked Charsi to imbue his old +3 spirit wolf pelt. It now has +2 life, +11% cold resist, and +1 each to the carrion vine and bowling ball skills. He was hoping to wear this chic little number in Lut Gholein, but the bosses have told him that "defense is the new black," so he'll have to find something else to enhance his hairdo.

He had a nice Act 1 map, with multiple shrines very close to both the Cold Plains and Black Marsh waypoints. Alas, not a single gem upgrader ever appeared. So his GoMule Atma stash carries 122 chippies, but not a single flawed or better gem except for the sapphire that Andy coughed.

He also stashed a few jewels (garnet, envy, freedom, spirit), 27 runes (all from countess runs, mostly rals), a Steel runeword scimitar, four more uniques (Rixot's Keen, Crushflange, Dimoak's Hew, and The Dragon Chang), and a rare dagger with 5% chance to cast amplify damage. He will keep that one on switch, just in case he needs it someday. First shopping task in Lut Gholein will be a socketed shield for a couple of his chipped amethysts, but nothing else in the stash is fashionable in Lut Gholein.

Code:
Swamigoon      Zoolander  summon druid     defense                     20     Lut Gholein        224

RIP

Malevolent

Diabloii.Net Member

Wow you are zooming ahead

i will be a ble to get past act 2 on saturday morning but not b4

my fashion for act 2 is CB/OW/DS so dual malice weps give me a score of 600!!!

@ swam
1- awesome name. gonna pop out the "blue steel"?
2- yeah abuse weapon switch all you like
3- merc gear doenst count and she doesnt have to be fashionable.

you ninja'd me!

Malevolent

Diabloii.Net Member

:(

deeds
:(

i was sure i pushed the pause button but seemingly not
came back to deeds screen and a bunch of cave leapers

BUT IM GONNA TRY AGAIN!!!!

new fashion table
Code:
Dexterity
IAS/FCR
Strength
ML
Life
Fire
CB/OW/DS
CB/OW/DS
ML
Poison
gonna try a druid summoner as it will leavae all my gear free for fashion

can you cast summons in bear form?

Fashion for act 1 is....Posion
gonna get right into it

(it's a sad day when your comp can't handle d2 without using windowed mode:( )

:jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig:

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

Nice write up swami, and good progress!
Sorry for your deeds again Mal :(

Act 5 has been cleaned up, along with the cows. Nothing very tough happened. My aura is now over 2k damage, which coupled with a very fast zeal, is pretty decimating. I never found any fashionable rings, a bit surprising, as i cubed up all my jewelry trying to get some. Shopped for a armor and helmet to put some rubies in, by the end of the act I had a life bulb of 979, which is a lot for normal!

The score:
Helm 79 life
Amulet 24 life
Armor 92 life
Gloves 40 life
Belt 57 life
Total: 292 life x2 = 584 points

My highest scoring round so far :thumbup:

And now lets roll for act 1 NM.... Mana leech again! Fortunately I sold off my mana leeching weapons in act 5, so I can keep my steel for now.

And yes, you can summon in bear/wolf form.

I'm going to work on some other projects for a bit and give everyone a chance to catch up some.

edit: whoops...forgot I saved a rare shamshir that had mana leech, it also has 20% Ias though, so its not too bad really.

Code:
kestegs        BlingKing  Teslot           Defense                     35     Start act 1 NM    1272
Swamigoon      Zoolander  summon druid     defense                     20     Lut Gholein        224

RIP

Last edited:

Swamigoon

Diabloii.Net Member

Good to see you keep bringing it on, :jig: Malevolent :jig:, even after getting killed. I bet you have a little of Captain Mal's attitude in you, yes?

Clarification on defense fashion: there's +defense and there's +% enhanced defense. It would be easiest to socre a point for each. I found a rare Hard Leather Armor with +12% enhanced defense, but that %ed only lifts its actual defense from 25 to 28. So, may I score 12 for that armor, or must I do the arithmetic and score 3 instead? If you have seen the film, you know Zoolander isn't really good at doing arithmetic in his head... ;)

Quick update: Neither Fara nor Elzix had any socketed shields for sale, so he went questing, got the cube, and transmuted the amethyst chips into a flawless one. Eventually he needed to go back to Fara for some repairs, and she finally had a socketed shield for sale. Bummer, I really wanted to save his flawless amethyst in hopes of perfecting it and using it in a future craft recipe. If only he had found something more fashionable than the 24 defense a flawless amethyst in a shield provides. Then I saw a crossbow with two sockets. Checking the runewords... YES! Zephyr gives 25 defense! Ha! Take that, you, you less fashionable flawless gem you! Neener neener!

So now Zoolander is a hunter druid! Or at least, until hunting is out of fashion...

Malevolent

Diabloii.Net Member

No only defence does it

ed just aint as good

rescued cain but now i have to run the countess for 11 tals -3 wep 2 helm 3 armour 3 shield

that will make me rather fahionable

@kestegs nice progress

im gonna run around in bear or wolf form for the extra life i think :)

Garai

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok, time for me to try again. Sorry for being so slow, am trying to play but sometimes work and life get in the way!

As for my new fashions;

Code:
 1 - Mana
 2 - Poison Damage/Resist
 3 - Attack Rating
 4 - Mana
 5 - Dexterity
 6 - Lightning Damage/Resist
 7 - Poison Damage/Resist
 8 - Chance To Cast
 9 - Strength
10 - Fire Damage/Resist
Current fashion is Poison Damage/Resist.

Code:
kestegs        BlingKing  Teslot           Defense                     35     Start act 1 NM    1272
Garai          Miki       Trapper          Poison Dam/Res              1      Rogue Camp        0

RIP