The Fahionistas Tournament!

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: The Fahionistas Tournament!

Well here is a round up of Act 2 and Act 3 that I finally managed to get around to. Not sure what I did in Act3 as I left off in Kurast but everything went down easily.

(Lighting for Act3)

Score:
Armor: 19% resist
Weapon/Shield: 68% Resist
Amulet/Rings: 43% Resist
Boots: 30% Resist

Total: 160x1
=120
previous: 292
Score: 452

Act4 Brings me Chance to Cast, going to be interesting.

Oh this has been a long gap between. Lack of interest in playing and real life were in conjunction with the slow go. I didn't find much really to help my score and even after repeated attempts to get somewhat on track still proved useless. Nothing was a real issue other than the super low resist(all below 20%) but other than that the massive life and fast attacks handled everything else.

(Strength for Act 2)

Score:
Helm: 12
Ring: 1
Buckler: 10
belt: 1

Total 24x5
=120
previous:172
Score: 292

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

Act 4 was quickly done on Players1 as the items needed are easily bought so my score would not really be affected by any specific drop. Diablo wasn't much of an issue and it was literally a breeze. The only things I didn't replace was my chanceguards and didn't find a second ring.

Amulet: 12%CTC
Head: 12%CTC
Body: 14% CTC
Weapon/Shield: 15% CTC (5% weapon, 10% shield)
Boots: 10% CTC
Belt: 10% CTC
Ring: 10% CTC

Total: 83% x4
= 332
Previous: 452
Score: 784

Act 5 gets me attack rating, should be able to get a nice boost here.

felixbavaria

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm joining this with a Druid.

Code:
Dexterity
Dexterity
Defence
Mana
Poison
Energy
Mana
Mana
Fire
Attack Rating

Act 1:
Defence

Blood Moor greeted me with this:

Code:
Demon Crusher 
Scepter 
One Hand Damage: 7 - 12 
Durability: 42 of 50 
Required Level: 1 
Required Strength: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x339d6618 
Item Level: 1 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
11% Enhanced Damage 
+1 to Minimum Damage 
+18 to Attack Rating 
+113% Damage to Undead 
+38 to Attack Rating against Undead 
Adds 1 - 2 Fire Damage 
Adds 1 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames) 
+1 to Might (Paladin Only)
Ridiculously easy progress so far, Molten Boulder 1-hits /p8 Coldcrow :surprise:

Ingriseng the Fire Druid and Elexa the Cold Rogue, level 12, Stony Field next

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

Managed to die in Worldstone Level 4 in one of the sides. I blame this all on the kids, hit esc to late to pause after I looked over, saw it paused and my life at less than 50 life. Upon unpausing death happened instantly. He was quite fun even though even utilizing the switch properly I had to replace my chanceguards with cleglaw's since I had the shield and gloves, and couldn't get a second weird weapon to get any decent amount of AR above 400 to at least by me a level or 3.

felixbavaria

Diabloii.Net Member

Ingriseng killed Andariel, her drop was quite fashionable (Berserker's Headgear and Death's Guard), both greatly improving his defence to 127 total.

The fashion in Act II will be Mana. Keeping junk amulets for cubing probably wasn't the smartest idea since now he has to wear a +5 Mana amulet instead of a +10 MF one :badteeth:

Ingriseng the Bowler Druid and Elexa the Cold Rogue, level 20, 127 points, Sewers next

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

Got some motivation to play my paladin again, so here we are!

Continued with running maus/crypt on /p1 looking for good bases. Made myself an honor Berserker ax and my merc a insight CV. He had to use a 4os armor with amethysts in it to use it though. After I made those I moved on to countess. She wouldn't give up that LEM for my merc's delirium, but a chest on the way to her finally did!

Play was very safe for the most part, the merc and I both do about 3k with might active. Andy dropped me a Nat's boot, which I will likely use if I can as they easily beat my current rare.

The score:
malice morning star: 300
blood gloves: 27
blood belt: 27

total: 354

and let's see what will be on the hot list for the desert...

LIFE! Haven't seen that since act 5 normal. Should do pretty well, but I'll have to look at the gear and see what I have to change

Code:
Forum Name     Name         Class/Type       Current Fashion          LVL    Highest WP       Points
===================================================================================================
Kestegs        BlingKing    Avenger          life                     82     Start act 2 H    4307.0
Swamigoon      Zoolander    summon druid     ctc                      73     Start act 1 H    3387
Malevolent     Outcast      Pally            FHR/ICOB/FBR             25     Kurast Docks     631
Garai          Miki         Trapper          Poison Dam/Res           21     Catacombs 2      342
LordMay        Bear         FC Bear          Life                     19     L. Gholein       323
Psymayn        Superbia     Kick/trap sin    Mana                     20     Catacombs 2      208
Jcakes         Sansa        Amazon           Light Dam/Res            22     L. Gholein       120
Vang           Gorst        Barb             STR                      22     Lut Gholein      172
Coju           Poopsmith    Summon Druid     Gold Find                21     Halls of Dead 2  30
FredOfErik     Hermes       Conc Barb        Attack Rating            12     Dark wood        0
Thyiad         LookOut      Barb             Dex                      1      Rogue Camp       0
Nogan          KickAllNuts  MA assassin      mana                     1      Rogue Camp       0

RIP/Retired

Forum Name     Name         Class/Type       Fashion When Died   LVL  Place Died     Points
===========================================================================================
Wolron         LadyGaGa     Cold Bow Zon     Fire d/r            78   Blk Marsh 1 H  4938
Vang           Beauty       Trapper          Cold                54   Act 3 NM       2180
Vang           freddy       RabiesWolf       MagicFind           53   NM Lut Gholein 2157
Malevolent     Pelted       Summons Druid    CB/OW/DS            44   Countess runs  1571
EmperorMoo     M.R.T.II     Trapsin          Cold                28   P. Fortress    801
Malevolent     Barbie       Fire Zealot      Cold                33   Diablo         675
Malevolent     Fickle       Throw Barb       CB/OW/DS            21   Dry Hills      435
Garai          Hector       Berserker        Strength            19   Andariel       0
Malevolent     YouNOKungFoo Assassin         CB/OW/DS            15   Retired        0
EmperorMoo     M.R.T.       Melee            Defence             13   Tower Lvl3     0
Malevolent     High-Heels   Sorceress        CTC                 8    Rakanishu      0
Coju           Marzipan     Spearzon         Life Leech          6    Cold Plain     0

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

More progress! Act 2 was handled rather easily, for the most part it was rather safe. The only real scare was with fangskin. He turned out to be cursed, which is always scary! My resists weren't very goo either, due to all the life gear I had to use. Duriel was a pain, but after I got him to focus on me and not the merc it was just a steady stream of potions to victory.

The fashionable gear: +life
Shako: 124
blue club: 5
blue shield +51
lionheart +50
bloodfist +40
dwarf star ring +40
manald ring +20
craft belt +53
Ik boots +44
Blue amulet +26

Total: 453 x2 = 906 total points

The next fashion rolled Strength. At first I thought that would be just fine, as I had dumped most of my gear I didn't want to use. Then I realized that my merc was wearing a +32 str armor...oh no! So I put it on and did some shopping and made a +32 str armor for myself. I've lost about 200 life with this new gear, but the resists are a touch better. I could use some better gloves to beat sigons, but other than that there isn't much that will improve I think.

Code:
Forum Name     Name         Class/Type       Current Fashion          LVL    Highest WP       Points
===================================================================================================
Kestegs        BlingKing    Avenger          Strength                 83     Start act 3 H    5213.0
Swamigoon      Zoolander    summon druid     ctc                      73     Start act 1 H    3387
Malevolent     Outcast      Pally            FHR/ICOB/FBR             25     Kurast Docks     631
Garai          Miki         Trapper          Poison Dam/Res           21     Catacombs 2      342
LordMay        Bear         FC Bear          Life                     19     L. Gholein       323
Psymayn        Superbia     Kick/trap sin    Mana                     20     Catacombs 2      208
Jcakes         Sansa        Amazon           Light Dam/Res            22     L. Gholein       120
Vang           Gorst        Barb             STR                      22     Lut Gholein      172
Coju           Poopsmith    Summon Druid     Gold Find                21     Halls of Dead 2  30
FredOfErik     Hermes       Conc Barb        Attack Rating            12     Dark wood        0
Thyiad         LookOut      Barb             Dex                      1      Rogue Camp       0
Nogan          KickAllNuts  MA assassin      mana                     1      Rogue Camp       0

RIP/Retired

Forum Name     Name         Class/Type       Fashion When Died   LVL  Place Died     Points
===========================================================================================
Wolron         LadyGaGa     Cold Bow Zon     Fire d/r            78   Blk Marsh 1 H  4938
Vang           Beauty       Trapper          Cold                54   Act 3 NM       2180
Vang           freddy       RabiesWolf       MagicFind           53   NM Lut Gholein 2157
Malevolent     Pelted       Summons Druid    CB/OW/DS            44   Countess runs  1571
EmperorMoo     M.R.T.II     Trapsin          Cold                28   P. Fortress    801
Malevolent     Barbie       Fire Zealot      Cold                33   Diablo         675
Malevolent     Fickle       Throw Barb       CB/OW/DS            21   Dry Hills      435
Garai          Hector       Berserker        Strength            19   Andariel       0
Malevolent     YouNOKungFoo Assassin         CB/OW/DS            15   Retired        0
EmperorMoo     M.R.T.       Melee            Defence             13   Tower Lvl3     0
Malevolent     High-Heels   Sorceress        CTC                 8    Rakanishu      0
Coju           Marzipan     Spearzon         Life Leech          6    Cold Plain     0

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

wellllll......

I had a lot of NDE's yesterday while going through the jungle and temple, thought it was smooth sailing after getting the last organ.

FE/Cursed/Extra Strong :weep:

Not sure if it was the death explosion or the other two zealots, but my life went down quick. hit the juve a millisecond too late.

Swamigoon

Diabloii.Net Member

Update: Zoolander has reached the Jail waypoint in Hell Act 1, at level 78, with every area/cave/tower/crypt prior to that spot completely cleared at least once. He had Charsi imbue a Hunter's Guise, and got a pretty decent result out of it (+2 elemental skills, +3 armageddon, +1 fury, +3 twister, and some cold resist), but it could come nowhere near the defense necessary to be more fashionable than the bone helmet from Natalya's set. Countess quest coughed up a Dol, Amn, and Tir. I'm playing extremely cautiously, and my lack of skill has resulted in a couple of NDEs, but I'm still plugging away at this project.

Swamigoon

Diabloii.Net Member

Zoolander: "Modeling, to me, isn't just about being good-looking or having a lot of fun and being really, really good looking. The caledar was great because it gave people a chance to see a side of my versatility. The original Greek word for model means 'misshapen ball of clay' and I try to think about that every time I get in front of a camera."

Going with /p8 in Hell difficulty is challenging and fun, but life is short, so I finally decided to go ahead and finish off Act I at /p1. Defense turned out to be a lucrative fashion. Here's the matching outfit Zoolander was wearing when Andy flamed out:
  • 258: Natalya's Totem
  • 25: The General's Tan Do Li Ga
  • 190: ethereal Ancients' Pledge Ancient Shield
  • 295: The Spirit Shroud
  • 118: Immortal King's Forge
  • 79: Beast Clasp crafted battle belt
  • 120: Stone Stalker crafted wyrmhide boots
  • TOTAL: 1085, for 1085 more points!

On to Hell Act II, and Teen Demon Beat magazine now asks Zoolander to chase the next fashion: energy!

Code:
Swamigoon      Zoolander    summon druid     nrg                      78     Start act 2 H    4472

RIP/Retired

Kestegs        BlingKing    Avenger          Strength            83   act 3 H Kurast 5213.0

Swamigoon

Diabloii.Net Member

Update: still working on this with Zoolander. Finished Claw Viper Temple in Hell Act II, and survived Fangskin - yay! Proceeding very cautiously on /p1 into the Harem and Palace Cellar.