The Executress - an approach of Enchant sorceresses

Mr-X

Diabloii.Net Member
Couple fixes you should make

Couple things i found wrong in your build

#1 NO SHEILD
#2 axes arnt the best

Fixes
use a beast (runeword) switch into a wearbear then use a 6 socket phase blade with 5 sheal and a jewel that gives attack rating

and use a storm sheild

you get max frame rate and you get to use a sheild

ALSO what about bows?

Widow maker give you guidid arrow and demon machine owns if you enchant it

The whole point of the build is to use axes. The sorc also enjoys some IAS 'bonus' with axes--the guide goes into this at some point.

Also, ranged enchant doesn't get the double bonus from mastery that melee enchant does (someone correct me if I'm butchering the details here), and thus is less effective.

Moreover, if you're looking for a guide for a cookie-cutter build that is the "1337est build evar," you're looking at the wrong guide. The point of this one is a fun, viable and potentially powerful character without going the cookie-cutter, there are going to be 3 in every baal game, character. Check out the Sorc Library sticky up top there--you'll see plenty of your optimized builds up there.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Mr-X said:
Couple things i found wrong in your build

#1 NO SHEILD
#2 axes arnt the best

Fixes
use a beast (runeword) switch into a wearbear then use a 6 socket phase blade with 5 sheal and a jewel that gives attack rating

and use a storm sheild

you get max frame rate and you get to use a sheild

ALSO what about bows?

Widow maker give you guidid arrow and demon machine owns if you enchant it
Apparently you missed the whole point about the thread!
GO reread it. It says it wants to use axes and as some of us have proven here it works just fine!

dreamofwinter

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratulations on quite a unique idea for a build. I spent the evening getting my 'cuteress every means of enhanced damage possible (she was doing upwards of 3000 physical damage) and maxing fire mastery and lightning mastery, only to discover that enhanced damage effects do not help the elemental damage of vengeance.

I'll say it again: there is no way of increasing your elemental damage beyond what is displayed on the weapon. So even if you use auras and enhanced damage items and brute strength to pump your glorious axe up to 3000 physical damage, it still only does 300 elemental damage.... which won't get you through nightmare.

Hopefully this will be changed some day, since it makes vengeance rather underpowered for both paladins and sorceresses alike. If they do, beware the executress...

:rolleyes:

danc133

Diabloii.Net Member
dreamofwinter said:
Congratulations on quite a unique idea for a build. I spent the evening getting my 'cuteress every means of enhanced damage possible (she was doing upwards of 3000 physical damage) and maxing fire mastery and lightning mastery, only to discover that enhanced damage effects do not help the elemental damage of vengeance.

I'll say it again: there is no way of increasing your elemental damage beyond what is displayed on the weapon. So even if you use auras and enhanced damage items and brute strength to pump your glorious axe up to 3000 physical damage, it still only does 300 elemental damage.... which won't get you through nightmare.

Hopefully this will be changed some day, since it makes vengeance rather underpowered for both paladins and sorceresses alike. If they do, beware the executress...

:rolleyes:
This is absolutely false! A sorc's masteries DO increase the damage of vengence. This is a fun build and works well. I went a slightly different route to help with crowd control. I did use a HF merc with an infinity giant thresher.
The conviction also ups the elemental damage from vengence. I used a perfect eye of etlich, Ravenfrost, and frostburns and a SOJ. I added a couple cold dmg small charms and 2 hard points in cold mastery. I rarely if ever get swarmed and if I do I stick and move like a boxer. I hit a monster once then hit a different one. I have approximately a 5 second chill in hell. Coupled with the HF merc it's a piece of cake 90% of the time. I have LM,FM,and Enchant maxed with 10 in warmth and 5 in TS. I opted for the added points in TS not only for added duration but frequency, it fires almost twice as often at level 10 as lvl 1 (see chart in guides post). I intend to add more lightning GC's (have 3) to boost lightning dmg from vengence, add to TS, and make ES more viable. The boost in mana from frosties is great combined with ES.

Just my $.02 worth First round is on me!

dreamofwinter

Diabloii.Net Member
danc133 said:
This is absolutely false! A sorc's masteries DO increase the damage of vengence. This is a fun build and works well. I went a slightly different route to help with crowd control. I did use a HF merc with an infinity giant thresher.
The conviction also ups the elemental damage from vengence. I used a perfect eye of etlich, Ravenfrost, and frostburns and a SOJ. I added a couple cold dmg small charms and 2 hard points in cold mastery. I rarely if ever get swarmed and if I do I stick and move like a boxer. I hit a monster once then hit a different one. I have approximately a 5 second chill in hell. Coupled with the HF merc it's a piece of cake 90% of the time. I have LM,FM,and Enchant maxed with 10 in warmth and 5 in TS. I opted for the added points in TS not only for added duration but frequency, it fires almost twice as often at level 10 as lvl 1 (see chart in guides post). I intend to add more lightning GC's (have 3) to boost lightning dmg from vengence, add to TS, and make ES more viable. The boost in mana from frosties is great combined with ES.

Just my $.02 worth First round is on me!
You are right -- physical damage on your weapon using enhanced damage effects doesn't help -- but putting points into the fire mastery and lightning mastery skills works just fine.

Also, I like the sound the axe makes when you swing it.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
dreamofwinter said:
You are right -- physical damage on your weapon using enhanced damage effects doesn't help -- but putting points into the fire mastery and lightning mastery skills works just fine.

Also, I like the sound the axe makes when you swing it.
Hehe, i loved my Executress back in last ladder. Didn't use a glorious axe though. Was Feral i think. Axe swinging Sorcies just look great aswell!

traalor

Diabloii.Net Member
dreamofwinter said:
Conviction aura increases that damage a bit, though. So do charms, and jewels that you can put other places than your weapon, if I'm not mistaken.

LarryFine

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: The Executress - an approach of Enchant sorceresses

I know this is an old thread, but would it be better to make a Kingslayer in a phase blade or cryptic sword. 2-handed weapons are not an option as I will be wearing dual-dreams. Also
if I chose to make Passion instead would the Cryptic sword or phase blade be better. I like the look of the cryptic sword better but the phase blade has more speed. Thanks for any replys.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member

Since the vast majority of your damage will be elemental, you'll want to pursue the fastest attack you can find... odds are that's the phase blade. With dual dreams, I wouldn't bother with the Kingslayer; Passion might fit well though.

LarryFine

Diabloii.Net Member

Why wouldn't Vengence from Kingslayer be worth it? I would have maxed lightning mastery fro the duel Dreams and maxed Fire Mastery for Enchant damage. 1 pt in to cold mastery boosted with +skills items and you could be dealing a heck of a lot of all three elemental damages. I could be wrong, but it seems right. Only physical damage would be lacking because of the 1-handed weapon. Poison damage as well, but no sorceress deals poison damage.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member

your Vengeance damage is determined from your weapon's physical damage (and even then some damage-boosting properties are ignored for vengeance), so a low-damage weapon like a PhaseBlade isn't always a great choice...

With dual dreams and Enchant, ~99% of your damage wil be independent of your weapon - so you really want a fast delivery mechanism. Sure you'll get a little benefit from the cold and physical damage with vengeance, but for the most part that'll be quite insignificant, and Vengeance will be noticeably slower than Passion/Zeal.

Pitboss_2000

Diabloii.Net Member

Up for this beauty!

I decided to make an Executress myself since I was inspired by this thread, and I wanted to to a melee sorc already for a while.

I already have some pretty decent gear (even though my sorc is only lvl 22 atm), and I was lucky yesterday: I found two white silver-edged axes while running the CS and the Countess, and the second one gave me for sockets after I unleashed the Cube's socket recipe on it, so as soon as I've converted the runes I have into a Gul and Um my weapon of choice is set! I'm pretty excited, myself! :D