The Executress - an approach of Enchant sorceresses

Schnorres

Diabloii.Net Member
my final setup:
kingslayer silver-edged axe (252%ED atm)
kiras 70res/+119Def (socketed 31ED/Ias)
maras 30
Leviathan 25%DR (socketed with BER for 33%DR)
verdungos 15%DR 39vit
sigons gloves (->10str,10ll,30ias)
sigons boots
6ml/5ll 10fc Ar,stats ring
6ml/5ll 10fc Ar,stats ring
anni 17/20/10
3*fire fhr
3*fire 30life
switch CtA 6/4/1+lidless +5/-X fire socketed
(prebuff with perf eschutas, rest perfect prebuff gear)

I just look for the armor atm. Still using a 15ED scarab Husk CoH (enormous repair costs !!!) and a +2sorc 8ml amu.
I use 2 dualleech fc rings to reach 20fc breakpoint.

Ideas:
1. If Ill get 4sock glorious axe, I can switch to IK bloves/boots, but Im slower then, just for testing ...
2. 2nd setup with Ias/ED armor, 20ias gloves, gores for 95ias breakpoint -> only 15DR, but final breakpoint.
3. after some tesing I want to make an ES setup.

Liessa Wyrmbane

Diabloii.Net Member
I recommend the ES way, definately. Especially if you're on hardcore. My sorc is now level 82 and she has 1500 life and 1100 mana which is enough to maintain your ES protection. Since you also have max Warmth and mana leech you will replenish your mana at good rate. I cast ES (and Enchant) from +3 enchant Memory staff so I didn't have to invest any hard points into Energy Shield.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Still havent found a 4 socket Silveredgded axe :rant:
Otherwise i am set

Kira's Guardian ED/IAS / CoA ED/IAS, UM or Shael
Highlords Wrath
Kingslayer in Silveredged Axe (hopefully still this year :p)
CoH in Duskshroud
Bloodfist
Verdungo's
6ml/5ll rare ring with other nice mods, 1xRavenfrost
Sandstorms as boots
CtA+Splendor on Switch
Anni
2xFire Skillers
1x Lightning Skiller
1x Cold Skiller

life/mana scs
fhr scs

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
Still havent found a 4 socket Silveredgded axe :rant:
Otherwise i am set
u happen to need that @ nl? :D
just found 1 in baalrun & remembered this post so picked it up :D

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
How effective is Deadly Strike with Vengeance.

I think this would increase the amount of damage that you can do with each hit, thus also doubling the amount of elemental damage you do with Vengenace.

Thus a highlords amulet and gorerider boots might be very helpful.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Dahmer said:
u happen to need that @ nl? :D
just found 1 in baalrun & remembered this post so picked it up :D
Thank you :worship:

I am not sure if this wasnt mentioned already in a previous post in this thread. Certainly still Deadly Strike and Crushing Blow on Kingslayer and Highlords Wrath will work nicely together :)

mrflippy

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
With Doom you would get both :) I think that would be VERY nice.
I am currently working on a sorc that will use a Doom polearm. (Just as soon as I find a Cham... *sigh*)

semisonic9

Diabloii.Net Member
great guide, but you realise the new runewords means its a whole new ballpark for this character, right?

the one with meditation
the one with conviction
and one I believe with redemption all lead to a new ballpark, IMHO.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
semisonic9 said:
great guide, but you realise the new runewords means its a whole new ballpark for this character, right?

the one with meditation
the one with conviction
and one I believe with redemption all lead to a new ballpark, IMHO.
Conviction works at 1/5th it's effectiveness against immunes and has to reduce an immunity to less than 100% in order to break it. That leaves it at less than 16% against immunes and since most have a resist of at least 120-30 It won't be doing you much good on Hell.
But maybe its an option for Merc Aura. Also i hope you do realize that Infinity is rather expensive for a legit Ladder player? Kingslayer is far cheaper and covers all elemental damage you will need.

The one with meditation sounds interesting but more for you general ES build than anything else. This might include Executress aswell.

Redemption? Hmm to me that is a rather passive skill and not a mainskill. Draining life form dead bodies would be fun. But usually your average kingslayer ahs CtA/Lidless on switch for boosted life and mana.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Okay some roleback here. Indeed Insight could be interesting in either a Thresher or Giant Thresher. All the other polearms require quite some IAS to reach 10 or 9 frame bp. With maxed Ligthnign Mastery in addition to all the other stuff and a LOAD of Lightning Scs and GCS this could quite wokr out.

Liessa Wyrmbane

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm.. Imagine a melee sorceress with "Dream" runeword both in helmet and shield. Both give lvl 15 Holy Shock aura when equipped. That's level 30 HS aura together (yes, they work like that). That gives 1-1668 lightning damage to your melee attacks. Assuming maxed Lightning Mastery and lots of +skills, you can increase this to huge amounts. For example, if you have total of +20 to lightning skills (not impossible to get with 10 skillers) you'll get level 40 LM which is +518%. That makes total of: (1-1668) * 6.18 * 6.18 = 38-63704 lightning damage added to your attack! And thats only with 20 skill points. Add the fire damage from enchant to that and a merc with Infinity... *faints*

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Umm, why would LM be applied twice there?

But then, even if it wasn't applied twice... over 10k added to your max damage is pretty impressive.

Liessa Wyrmbane

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
Umm, why would LM be applied twice there?

But then, even if it wasn't applied twice... over 10k added to your max damage is pretty impressive.
It's the same as with Enchant and Fire Mastery. First Holy Shock aura gives you the damage and then Lightning Mastery boost that damage. When you use melee attack it will further get boosted by LM.

BodomSaint

Diabloii.Net Member
Liessa Wyrmbane said:
Hmmm.. Imagine a melee sorceress with "Dream" runeword both in helmet and shield. Both give lvl 15 Holy Shock aura when equipped. That's level 30 HS aura together (yes, they work like that). That gives 1-1668 lightning damage to your melee attacks. Assuming maxed Lightning Mastery and lots of +skills, you can increase this to huge amounts. For example, if you have total of +20 to lightning skills (not impossible to get with 10 skillers) you'll get level 40 LM which is +518%. That makes total of: (1-1668) * 6.18 * 6.18 = 38-63704 lightning damage added to your attack! And thats only with 20 skill points. Add the fire damage from enchant to that and a merc with Infinity... *faints*
thats why i'm resurrectiong my Kingslayeress as soon as i can get my hands onto a Jah rune ;) oh ant btw, for all those Energy Shield Users: Why don't you equip you merc with Insight. Along with maxed warmth you will neraly be invincible :D

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a question for those who went the ES route. Did you just ignore resists or are they still maxed?

I'm pretty poor so I'm thinking to focus on one way or the other plus if I go ES, then I can be the tank, meaning I can use a rogue merc which might work well with the new "edge" runeword bow.

Liessa Wyrmbane

Diabloii.Net Member
sunbearie said:
Just a question for those who went the ES route. Did you just ignore resists or are they still maxed?
My sorc still has maxed res and all. I build her so that ES is not mandatory. When ES is suddently gone thanks to some random mana burn monster I'm not affected that much and surely not in peril. I play hardcore, so I don't take much chances and build my chars to last.

Insight runeword really gave ES variant of the Executress a huge boost!

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Liessa Wyrmbane said:
cant wait til ladder i over to retrieve those insights from mytemp ladder acc :)

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Liessa Wyrmbane said:
My sorc still has maxed res and all. I build her so that ES is not mandatory. When ES is suddently gone thanks to some random mana burn monster I'm not affected that much and surely not in peril. I play hardcore, so I don't take much chances and build my chars to last.

I'm planning Titan sorc (ie. no pts into vit) for massive damage. It might be a little tough to fit all the mods onto my equipment. We'll see how it goes :)

Hey all, I'm looking into the possibility of a Dream-equipped Executress wielding a Beast axe. Does the Holy Shock aura indeed stack if equipped on multiple items? I was under the impression that this was not the case as I thought it was granted as an aura active when equipped, not a skill. I could be way off base here though, in which case I'll be making myself a nice little Dream shield to go with my Dream helm (if I can ever afford the runes). In any case, I'm curious for some feedback on my likely setup.

Dream helm
Fortitude Balrog Skin (or should I go the CoH route? Also have a +2 Arkaine's or an open socketed Steel Cara, can't make up my mind)
Beast axe (can't decide if I should go the 2h route, or 1h with a shield--any feedback on the pros and cons of this would be greatly appreciated--I recently traded for a Beast 'zerker, but can likely use that to get what I need for a Beast 2 hander)
Verdungos
Mara's
9% ll Carrion Wind
Ravenfrost (20/224 I think)
Drac's
Upped Gores

on switch:
+2 fire skills, +3 enchant orb
Spirit Shield

In stash:
Anni (going to loot one of my older ladder chars that's semi-retired)
so far 2 plain fire skillers, more to come (having trouble getting anyone to part with any on Ladder that have decent life or FHR)
life/ar/dmg and dmg/ar/lightning smalls
possibly some 100 psn. dmg scs (I have too many of these sitting around, want to put them to use, and most of them have fire or lightning damage second mods, so they might be useful)

Also not sure if I should go the ES route--if so, definetly going to equip the merc with Insight, but if not, more likely to give him the usual setup of Eth Bonehew Amn Shael, Upped Shaftstop (or something better, if I find it/make it by then), Crown of Thieves or Vamp Gaze (Dream helm useful here? would he be able to stay alive?)
Also, if I use the Fortitude armor, would the Chilling armor chance to cast override any of the armor spells that my sorc would use normally if I went that path?