The Executress - an approach of Enchant sorceresses

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
Liessa Wyrmbane said:
squigipapa, your skill layout is identical to mine which means I'm on the right track :)
Oh maybe it means that I'm on the right track .. :)

Oh, by the way, I have a couple of 4, 5 and 6 socket champion axes sitting around on mules if any of my fellow Executress's are interested they're theirs for the taking. I also have a couple of ethereal & not ethereal superiour silver edged axes, as well as a perfect superiour (15Ed/15dura) non-eth decapitator .. basically, I have quite a few decent white/grey items in the 2 handed axe catigory if you guys are in need. I'm softcore, Useast, non-ladder.

(this is not intended as a trade by the way .. simply an offer if you have the runes but are lacking the base weapon.)

Later,
-Squigi

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
squigipapa said:
Oh maybe it means that I'm on the right track .. :)

Oh, by the way, I have a couple of 4, 5 and 6 socket champion axes sitting around on mules if any of my fellow Executress's are interested they're theirs for the taking. I also have a couple of ethereal & not ethereal superiour silver edged axes, as well as a perfect superiour (15Ed/15dura) non-eth decapitator .. basically, I have quite a few decent white/grey items in the 2 handed axe catigory if you guys are in need. I'm softcore, Useast, non-ladder.

(this is not intended as a trade by the way .. simply an offer if you have the runes but are lacking the base weapon.)

Later,
-Squigi
Now that was the only one time i wished i played on US-East ladder....

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
squigipapa said:
But i'm non-ladder.. Where do you play? btw, just curious.. :)
NL, Europe! Previously Ladder Season 1, where i was part of the team that made ETFOnTop-Leader officially #1 on Europe Ladder :D

Schnorres

Diabloii.Net Member
@melianor: I have many cold damage scs in my NL trade list, you can have some if you want.
think Ill try this build too (Europe Ladder)

let me think what I have now:
Helm: perf kiras (should I socket it with a "gosu" 15res/15ias?)
Amulet: I want to trade a highlords or crescent moon?
Weapon: ? (silveredged axe?)
Armor: CoH wyrm
Ring #1: perf raven
Ring #2: a ml ring ...
Belt: ? Nos?
Gloves: 15/10 draculs (good choice? I love life tap!)
Boots: gores or ...
Charms: I only have some colddamage scs
anni 17/20/10

I have 3 5/5fire facets lying around but no socks free ...

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Schnorres said:
@melianor: I have many cold damage scs in my NL trade list, you can have some if you want.

anni 17/20/10

Thx schnorres, i will look by there!

Hmm, i think your setup is already fine. I would use those facets on your switch setup that you will use to prebuff Enchant. The +xx% damage from the faces is applied to Enchant when cast.

Diabolic Apom

Diabloii.Net Member
Schnorres said:

anni 17/20/10

I suggest you go fot the 45% IAS breakpoint with silver-edged axe. Your equipment is fine overall.

Helm: Kira's Guardian is a very good choice, and that jewel would certainly help
Amulet: you will need Highlord's Wrath for the 20% IAS
Weapon: Kingslayer Silver-Edged Axe
Armor: Chains of Honor is perfect (though Archon Plate would have been better)
Ring #1: Raven's Frost is not absolutely mandatory, since Kira's already has the "can' not be frozen" mod. Perhaps a Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band or something like that would be better.
Ring #2: yes, you will need life leech, but don't bother about a high % (resists, lfie or AR are better)
Belt: Nosferatu for the added 10% IAS
Gloves: Dracul is very good indeed
Boots: Gore Riders for the punch or Tearhaunch for the resists

I'm not sure that using perfect fire facets on switch is a very good idea... You already have 25 or so fire mastery, so +15% more are quite useless, and since the -% to enemy resistance won't work...

Schnorres

Diabloii.Net Member
Helm: perf kiras (socketed xxres/15ias)
Amulet: highlords (or a +2sorc +8mlamu)
Weapon: Silver-edged Axe Kingslayer
Ring #1: bk 4ll
Ring #2: 6ml,4ll,1xstr,2x%LR,.. ring
Belt: nos
Gloves: 15/10 draculs (or 20ias gloves)
Boots: gores
Charms: for max res, fire skillers

"best switch" would be: +3enchant+3fireskills socketed with 2*+5/-3 and lidless +5/-3 ...
i can also unsocket my 15ED great hauberge and make another CoH ..

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
Does Might Aura from Act2 Nightmare Merc work with Venegance?
Has probably been answered i guess since it would be an obvious idea.

If it does i am thinking of using a Mightmerc instead of Holy Freeze. I would prefer higher damage before crowd control.

Liessa Wyrmbane

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
Does Might Aura from Act2 Nightmare Merc work with Venegance?
Might merc increases your physical damage of Vengeance/normal attack. It does not increase the elemental damage of Vengeance, though.

Schnorres

Diabloii.Net Member
Merc question:
Should I use a merc with Defiance aura and Doom polearm or is a Holy Freeze merc with eth reapers better?

would you request 20 points in frost armor?

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
With Doom you would get both :) I think that would be VERY nice.

Hmm. I have decided that i will simply prebuff Shiver Armor. Lets see how i fair that way.

Schnorres

Diabloii.Net Member
I have big problems surviving in crowds. Ill add more fhr, but I got an idea.

What about this DR setup:

Kingslayer silver-edged axe
kiras socketed with 15res all/Ias or 31ED/Ias
maras 30
upped shaftstop socketed with ber (or Leviathan for damage???)
verdungos 12/40 (reaches max with 12%DR)
sigons gloves+boots (30Ias,10ll,10Str,40%CR)
ml leech ring (6/5 dual leecher)
BK 5ll
anni 17/20/10
->add fire skillers /fhr

to sum it up:
45 Ias (BP)
50%DR
+3skills
165res all (205 cold)
20% FHR
6%ml
20%ll
CBF

Is the damage to low then? Im aiming for 20k-30k with might merc and 10 skillers. Synergies pumping damage very much in these regions.

Btw, you can also use a 2-Hand staff with 4 socks for Kingslayer. A 15ED 4sock Archon staff with +3enchant +3firemastery +3light mastery would be g****.

Pucho

Banned
Btw, you can also use a 2-Hand staff with 4 socks for Kingslayer. A 15ED 4sock Archon staff with +3enchant +3firemastery +3light mastery would be g****.
kingslayer only works in axes/swords

Liessa Wyrmbane

Diabloii.Net Member
Schnorres said:
I have big problems surviving in crowds.
I noticed this too. That's why I originally planned to go with Delirium tiara. It helps hugely with crowds. But I have now decided to put the Deilirum on my merc as it serves it's purpose on him too.

My setup will be this:
- Kingslayer Glorious Axe
- CoA (2*ias jewel)
- CoH dusk
- IK gloves + boots
- String of Ears
- Raven + mana leech ring
- Highlord
- CtA + Liddless on switch

That gives me nice DR and other stats. 105%ias too for 10 fpa... I haven't yet found a better combination that I could afford.

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
@Liessa & Schnorres: That was my exact problem as well. surviving in crowds. If the crowd contained a mana burn it was even worst. Like Liessa, I put a delirium (bone visage) on a rogue merc. and that provides the crowd control. I mostly went with resistance gear and took a highly defensive gear setup. I'm using an eBOTD champion axe so with the 60% ias on the botd itself, I diden't need any more IAS, so I went for resistance, +life, +mana etc.

I also tried the 20 TK/14 ES/+175% damage to mana route. It's awsome for physical attacks, basically physical attacks diden't even dent my mana ball. However, my resistances were quite low with this setup, and since purely physical attacks arn't the biggest concern with ES, I decided to go with more of a resistance setup instead. If I were going to do any 'melee only' dules however, I would definitly go with the DTM setup.