Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Evolution of my D2 career!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Meat_Force, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Meat_Force

Meat_Force IncGamers Member

The Evolution of my D2 career!

Hey guys!

Diablo 2... the best game in the world... (sorry WoW)...
    Like most of us, i started D2 waaay back in the good old days where i used to socket gems into items and wear them because i liked the cool colours. Alot has changed since those innocent D2 days.
    I discovered the wonders on Bnet, massing up on MF and baal runs, always managed to get awsome characters with great gear, yet some how never seemed to be wealthy. Not to mention my 2 second delay, being from New Zealand gives me a awsome 260ping! (teleporting just isn't the same).
    So anyway, i was a naughty boy and used map hack (DUN DUN DUN!!!!) and eventually (and rightfully so) got my cd key banned.
    I quite Diablo 2.. FOREVER....
    two years later here I am making my first ever post on this website (have been using it for years) on the SP forum..
    Two weeks ago I started my first ever SP character with knowledge of the game (i dont wear 4 socketed breast plate with ameythists just because it looks cool anymore). I have come to fall in love with the single player game. Building a collossus collection of items, finding ALL the items, questing, trying new things etc etc.
    So, here i am introducing myself to you as a converted Bnet player to now a stand fast SP enthusiast. These boards are great as they keep you connected to the Diablo community with no lag, as sometimes spamming SP can feel very... lonesome...
    So, hello.
    My current character:
    Level 50 Barbarian - WhirlWind (bloody original huh?)
    Up to A2 NM died once and found only one semi decent item (IK Helm).
    I'm investing in sword mastery as i ALWAYS went axe on Bnet (Botd, DC ect etc)
    I guess i picked a WW barb to start as felt like hack and slashing with a tough character that never dies (except once, but that was because of lag :p).
    I won't ramble on any further, i'm sure this post has already been grammatical murder and so on so forth, i look forward to posting in these forums and furthering the SP awsomeness that is Diablo 2

Peace love and the occasional donkey punch,

Meat_Force

P.s. my barb (lvl 50) using Griswalds edge broad sword..... lmao...

2. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

Re: The Evolution of my D2 career!

Welcome to the boards Meat_Force!

Just a quick note, you most likely won't be able to get high runewords in SP... ye know, we don't dupe :wink3:

And beware of the shin kickers, they can be nasty...

Anyway, enjoy your time here on the forums :thumbsup:

HHB

3. Meat_Force

High Rune words... who needs them... ;)
    Although i'm planning on creating like an entire production chain - characters for diffirent jobs and so on so for, rushers for rune quest etc etc.
    I wouldn't put it past creating the occasional hoto now and then ;)
    Besides, the beauty of this game.. you never know when a zod might jsut drop :D
    thanks for welcome

Meat_Force

4. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Welcome! Hooray for new members! Check out the stickies, stop by the EMB for a drink (never been there myself), hop on over to the trading forum, and be nice to the mods (you'll recognize them by their sickly green colors).

Not to discourage you, but when you MP with us, there will still be some lag because of differences in location. There are a few of us from your area, but many of us come from quite far away.

Ah yes. Breast Plates only get 3 sockets and DC would require Axe Mastery. =P.

P.S. What is a "donkey punch"? (Do I want to know?)

5. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Welcome, Meat_Force. Join a tourney, post in the item find thread once you get a better weapon for your WWer, and most of all HAVE FUN! Make crazy builds and tell us all about them!

@Nagisa: You probably don't, but knowledge is power, right? Google search it and get ready to roll your eyes... ^_^

6. Meat_Force

yes glad to see you noticed my PURPOSEFUL noob blunders ;).. all part of the precislely devised introduction!
    Donkey Punch, you probably don't want to know. And neither does your google search bar want to know either! (that was not a 'hint hint')

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

There is no such thing as 4-socketed breast plate. :evil:

Welcome here and stay far away from any hacks this time.

8. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Welcome to the SPF.

*Kicks Meat_Force's shins*

I too have graduated from socketing gems into armour because it looks cool. Now I am shopping Hell Anya and Larzuk for Jewellers Armours of ... because it saves a socket. Jewelers Ancient Armour of The Titan looks great :cool:

/nonchalantly wanders off.

9. Neck Romancer

Neck Romancer IncGamers Member

Absolutely no donkey punching whatsoever.
    Shin kicking is permitted however. *kicks meats shins*
    Welcome.