The Evangelist: REPENT! (PvM)

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
The Evangelist: REPENT! (PvM)

This is half a theory guide and half a question topic.

1. What is an Evangelist?
Evangelists are known to try to shove their religions down your throat and convert you. Naturally, an Evangelist is a Conversion Pally.

2. Ideas

Alright, I don't see ANY Conversion Paladins anywhere as guides or as actual in-game builds. I've heard about Conversion + Thorns but that's about it.

So first of all, I'm assuming Converted monsters will receive any aura you have on that's party-receivable. Meaning, depending on the pack of monsters, the best aura for the situation would be very, well, situational. Meaning, Thorns won't be your best bet in areas with PI monsters.

The thing about this build is, you want to enhance the converted monsters, but you don't (which is why I understand the use of Thorns).

3. Questions

Will converted monsters ONLY use their melee attacks, even if they have access to spells and the like?

Do converted monsters receive any sort of stat bonus, like when a Necromancer uses Revive?

Noite Escura

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought Conversion Paladins were called Missionaries?
It's a good idea to hybridize it with something like Smite for bosses and uniques. Also a damage aura is a good idea for killing recently unconverted monsters before they can harm you.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
To be a real evangelist you'd need to scream at the ones you're trying to convert - isn't there a third warcry on CTA that decreases opponent damage/ar or something?

You could make CTA in a +3 Conversion scepter =O

Just trying to help the theme along.

Lord Nyax

Banned
To be a real evangelist you'd need to scream at the ones you're trying to convert - isn't there a third warcry on CTA that decreases opponent damage/ar or something?

You could make CTA in a +3 Conversion scepter =O

Just trying to help the theme along.
You're thinking of Battle Cry.

I tried a Conversion Paladin, once. I hit slvl 52 Concentration and Fanat and Thorns. It still doesn't work very well past Act 2 NM...

But meh, if you're willing to do a weird build for a one-time-through PvM game, SSoG's build looks pretty fun.