Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Enigma Dilemma

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Killfrenzy, Feb 8, 2004.

?

Hhow do you pronounce treant

1. TREE-AUNT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Trent like the name i.e Trent Green

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

The Enigma Dilemma

Ok i was just wondering what you guys would put Enigma into if you had the runes for it. Also assume that you will NEVER have the chance to make enigma again and that this will be "the one enigma to rule them all"

so what do you put it in?

2. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I would use a superior wyrmhide (good def and no "slower run/walk"). Or maybe scarab husk because it looks awesome on necro :)

3. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

Superior 15% ED and Increased Durability perfect Archon Plate

4. dave

dave IncGamers Member

15% sup light plate (looks alot better than breast plate)....with the str from annihilus it means u wont have to put ANY points in str at all....thats neat :)

5. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

If you like paying ~30K gold to repair 1 durability point, sure, go for it... personally I stay away from superior armors for that very reason, and go for light elites with the best base score I can find - no less than 450 will do

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Thats what the new recipie is for.

7. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

im a barb lover so a 15%ed sacred armour is perfect for me :)

Note: my current barb's enigma is sacred too :jig:

8. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

I use all my Orts for crafting, so I'm not inclined to devote them to anything else. I usually do a Repair All whenever I'm in town and I don't want it to cost an arm and a leg, so I suppose my post reflects a certain playstyle bias that others may not have.

But, I hardly play D2 anymore. So why am I even here? :scratch:

9. jblakely

jblakely IncGamers Member

I had to pick elite light armor because thats what I have done so far. Archon plate (could not find superior with 3 sockets) and superior dust shroud (sorc loves that 77 str reg) With str from armor sorc can wear SS by getting a few extra points from boots and annialus charm which gives more for life. I recently found a superior 3 socket mege plate though and am thinking of using it. About a 200 def loss compared to dust shroud but only 55 str reg. If sorc did not plan on ss it would kick. Be good for necro too since the + to str from enigma would probably be enough to wear anything else ya needed. What do you guys think, is a superior mage plate worth the runes??

Jack :drink:

10. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Honestly, no Sense in going Elite since it's a Straight +Defense.

If it were +%Def that would be a different story.

If you go with a Normal Breast Plate (65-68Def. Light Armor/Lowest Str with 3 sockets) and you roll the lowest possible defense on Enigma (750), You'll still have a Total Def on your armor of 815.

If you go with an Elite Sacred Armor (487-600 Armor with Most Defense) and you roll the Highest possible defense on Enigma (775) you'll have a total def of 1375.

Of course, it's the Low Str Requirement that matters. A Dusk Shroud with only 27 more Str required than the breastplate has roughly 300-400 More def.... In that situation it may be worth it. I just wouldn't recommend a High def armor with an Str Requirement of over 105... The +Str from Enigma will at least have something to do if you wish to Wear SS or a big weapon.

If you have a Sacred Armor, it's basically just for More ed% and I usually concentrate on life more than a Titan Build.

Generally speaking, don't go too high on Str. Most Important. Take Advantage of the Str provided by Enigma for your other gear.

2nd most important point. Light Armor if you ever plan to Duel.

3rd. Style

4th. Defense because that +Def from the Runeword just overshadows the base def.

11. ch33s3 m4st3r

ch33s3 m4st3r IncGamers Member

non superior mage plate, because superior costs too much and for 14 more str than a light plate you get around twice as much def

12. conan

conan IncGamers Member

I used a near perfect 3 soc archon plate and got 1267 def, looks good on my zon and she runs fast, Kills fast but she still cant take more than one real good punch but then Bowazons arent supposed to be getting it on the chin=) A plus is Archon Enigmas have great resale value if you decide to try something else.

13. Ansi

Ansi IncGamers Member

I believe breast plate is the best for PvP builds, since nearly no builds rates defense high. Besides I'm going to use it for my PvP trapper, this means she can go with base strength. I'm tepmted to use a light or mage plate for the style, but then again, I find it extremely cool, also for later use, that with this armor you can go base strength with any build.

Please keep debating, I wont make my Enigma untill this thread is dead.

14. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

I find it somewhat amusing there is an enigma thread like this. Damn the dupers.

And go Archon ;)

15. Ansi

Ansi IncGamers Member

EDIT - Offensive. ~ Elly

16. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

You know that really depends on the type of character. I have an Enigma on ladder and I made it out of a Balrog Skin (I love the looks of that on a Paladin) and thus the defense is over 1200. Now consider also that i have level 27 Holy Shield and a Defiance merc. I can tell you that the 500 points of difference between a Balrog Skin and a normal armor are pretty much if you factor in HS and Defiance.

Of course if you make an Enigma that has to be used by all your characters then you are certainly correct. Still the bottom end of the elite spectrum doesn't have too bad STR requirements, you could still go for a Dusk Shroud and only look at about 77 STR requirements.

17. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

[email protected] :D

18. Ansi

Ansi IncGamers Member

Like a peasant throwing tiny rocks at the gigantic walls around the kings castle.

19. lord_gerbik

lord_gerbik IncGamers Member

467 defense, non-superior duskshroud.

It will get you 1220+ defense and has a strength req of 77. I also like the way it looks on the necro (somewhat naked look), though it doesn't look GREAT on the other characters.

Don't use a superior armor, unless you feel like paying 50k per durabilty on repairs. That's a lot of freakin gold, especially if you are a character who's taking hits somewhat frequently.

Archon Plate is also quite sexy if you intend to only use it on characters that are gonna have over 100 strength. It looks a lot better on most characters too (except it gives the RED pants on the necro, of which I am not a fan).