The Elemental Templar Guide - V1.01

nulio

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: The Elemental Templar Guide - V1.01

Hi!

Many thanks for the guide :)

Some Baal runs ago and I had the luck to get an Azurewrath and now I'm trying a Pure Eletemplar.

If I find/trade it all I'm aiming for this:

That nice sword, Dragon scale, Guardian angel, Crown of Ages, upped String of Ears, Dracul’s grasp, Gore riders, Highlords Wrath, Raven frost, Bul Kathos wedding band, Hand of the blessed light sceptre and Herald of Zakarum shield.

I have to spend more points in strenght because of the dragon scale and crown of ages but I think I'll enjoy the paladin look a lot :D

I'll have 5(7) sockets (two in the crown and one in each weapon, shield and armor). What should I use?

1- The perfect (but impossible) solution, perhaps 7 rainbow facet? If so, whick ones? Cold for the azurewrath or lightning for the sword and FoH?

2- The more realistic solution?

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member

What about jewels of thunder and lightning? You can get up to 1-100 lightning damage on these sorts of jewels with secondry mods. Might take a bit of tracking down, but well worth it imho.
facets are not much use because the negative to resists is off little use with conviction and the plus side is to element skill, not items so really all a facet does for you is the level up/die and add elemental damage which you can usually equal/beat with regular jewels.

nulio

Diabloii.Net Member

I was also thinking in the 3-5% to Lightning skill damage for the FoH and/or 3-5% to cold skill damage for the sword? Or the facets only increase the damage of skills?

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member

Only works for skills so yes, it's good for FoH, but won't work with the cold damage on the sword.

Bman

Diabloii.Net Member

Im gonna try to play Pally next and this sounds like something that could be fun.
However my concern is if it's a good build playing on a LAN-game and not on Bnet with 2 friends?

Hohner

Diabloii.Net Member

This build and the subsequent inspired ones look amazing!

But I have to wonder for the inventory: combat skillers make a lot of sense as a FoH, Zeal, and Sacrifice addition - but with a dual dreamadin would defensive skillers start to do more damage with the +lit resist? certainly they would be cheaper by a long shot too.

Anyone know the calculations or a calculator for that?

Thanks!

Ragnarod

DiabloII.Net Pal

Synergies only take into account the skill points you've put into them directly, additional levels from +skill items/charms won't add any extra damage, so defensive skillers are useless to increase your damage I'm afraid :(

Buran

Diabloii.Net Member

A question about this last post: Crescent Moon's chances to lvl 17 chain lightning will improve the level 17 of the chain lightning if you wear Harlequin Crest, SoJ or other +items?

Ragnarod

DiabloII.Net Pal

No, the level of the chance to cast spells will stay the same regardless of the amount of +skill items equipped.

weeprab

Diabloii.Net Member

beast caduceus with foh skills is better than any of your listed weapons. only need 20 ias gloves to meet last zeal bp.
fools pb is the way to go for pvp ( if your double dream)
here is my dream zealer gear if anyone is interested. very effective in pvp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh-ikvcXyEo

BewareOfLag

Diabloii.Net Member

im trying this build, and the one question i have is, what are people doing for resistances? it seems like there's a lot of mention of adding elemental damage, but any melee character needs good resistances, and it seems like with most of the gear suggestions, there's not much in the way of resistances. i am learning this first hand because dragonscale offers no resistances, and the absorb from it, thundergods, and ravenfrost dont seem to be much help. i think someone should add that resistance charms will be pretty important, because the gear suggested doesnt seem to do much for resistances, which we all know is crucial once you get past nightmare.

uohaloran

Diabloii.Net Member

I was trying this build but I decided to wait until I could gather a bit more equipment. It seems pretty fun.

jazzfox

Diabloii.Net Member

hey everyone , I'm new to this site, but not to the game. I've been working on a character for over a year now .I'm a level 83 paladin and I favor Zeal and fanaticism. All was going good, then I reached the ancients on Hell. I've tried so so so many times but I get murdered every time. I have around 750 health, and I use the immortal king's stone crusher (even though I know it's for another character type). I have great equipment, but the ancients still pumble me... Any ideas?