Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The 'Dream' PvP Tournament interest gauging thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Pyrohemia, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia IncGamers Member

The 'Dream' PvP Tournament interest gauging thread

I am thinking of hosting a PvP tournament with my dual dreams, that failed to disappear in my giveaway, as prizes. A while ago I got some advice from Liquid Evil because of his long experience with SPF PvP tournaments, but since then my plans have been stalled. This poll is to gauge interest and potential turnout in such a tournament and hopefully give me a bit of a reason to get back to planning.

Other info tidbits:
    -Dueling is likely to take place on one or a couple of consecutive weekends this summer.
    -I hope to have a qualifying round and then a final tournament for the prizes. This is to make it open to anyone who wants to give it a shot whether they are old hands at PvP or trying it for the first time.
    -Overall winner gets both Dreams although I may supply some consolation prizes.
    -I plan to compete too. If I win then I may give the Dreams to second place, or it might necessitate another tournament. :crazyeyes:

I could use suggestions as to how to make things fair for players from both North America and Europe as playing across the Atlantic, either way, is a distinct disadvantage.

If you are thinking of trying PvP for the first time or have an idea for a new build that you want to make you probably have time to get ready before this starts. When I ask my magic 8-ball what the schedule is for this tournament I get "Reply hazy, try again".

Have fun with the poll bug. I wonder what magical worlds it will take us to this time. :scratchchin:

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: The 'Dream' PvP Tournament interest gauging thread

I've got no desire/capacity to win, but donating a few ears to a good cause sounds alright. :)

As far as ping is concerned, neutral (someone else) or alternate (switching back and forth) hosting?

3. Ojimijam

Ojimijam IncGamers Member

I would definitely play, even though my first PvP character is still being made :s I feel i may not be the strongest competitor.

4. jdkerr

jdkerr IncGamers Member

I have the gear ready for two ear-donors if I can muster up the endurance to level them in time. :)

5. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

I'll try to play for sure.

6. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

You have my sword :badteeth:

7. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I'm interested, but it will come down to when. August would work, July probably won't. Also another PvP week should be coming in August...

I'm in either win or die a glorious death. Loot is for merchants, not warriors.

8. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

I want in but I'm extremely busy August 1-13, so if it's anytime during then, I won't be able to take part. :(

9. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

And my ego.

I'd be down for this as long as it was in August.

10. Paradigmshift

Paradigmshift IncGamers Member

I think I may be down for this. I've recently made my first dedicated PvP character and while she was ok, I am not totally sure about her effectiveness. So, more than likely, this would necessitate me creating my second PvP character.

Curious, is the entries based upon the toon owners as 1 entrant, or is it an entrant for each toon entered? Never been in something like this so clueless as to how this would work.

11. Pyrohemia

You won't be able to take multiple characters to the final round but I plan to allow people to attempt to qualify as many times and with as many characters as they so choose.

I am not sure yet whether it is people qualifying or characters. If it were people then you could qualify with one character and play in the final round with another. You won't be allowed, however, to dart in and out gaming the right character for an advantage in each match-up.

12. Pyrohemia

I haven't forgotten about this, but its not going to happen any time soon. I kind of lost all inspiration to host it and I have a funny build I want to complete with the dreams sometime this fall.

For now, have fun with the PvP week everyone!