Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Diary of an Untwinked Hardcore Solo Single Player Spearazon de

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sneakytails, May 21, 2010.

1. sneakytails

sneakytails IncGamers Member

The Diary of an Untwinked Hardcore Solo Single Player Spearazon

This is something that I have been wanting to do for some time but have never pulled the trigger, an untwinked hardcore guardian...specifically a spearazon.

Why a spearazon? well its pretty much what I play the most in Hardcore and since I have been playing hardcore exclusively for years that is quite a bit. I enjoy their challenge, and they need good gear to survive. I enjoy defensive type builds and a spearazon does this quite well with her passive tree and gear. Most of my builds are defensive based with damage reduction and passives as a back up. The advantage of this type of build is I can run with less leach than a offensive build especially because I don't need to recover so much life due to the defense and damage reduction (I take less damage).
    Also the whiffing problems are not an issue as with very high defense whiffing is not a annoying problem and if you do whiff who cares you have more time to get an attack off if you take in less damage (you can stand there and attack longer), this has worked well on my twinked spearies. Besides, with a careful use of a maxed valkyrie and decent decoy you should rarely be the attention of serious mobs. Finally an act two normal defensive merc rounds out the equation.

Normally my spearies run with zon spears and have a higher dexterity level which helps them with attack rating and the bow on weapon switch. The bow tree complements these types of builds (zon spears) well, there things in hardcore that would be suicide to try and melee not to mention Physical Immunes, the bow handles both quite well. Therefore all of my characters except a few run with bows on switch. This character will as well.

This character will be a fendazon and use fend as her main group attack skill with the bow tree as a backup for the really dangerous stuff and PI duty. She will have high defense, as high as possible while still retaining at least 50 Damage Reduction for Hell. She will also have decent passives but not as much as other builds as a fendazon is always stretched for points especially with a valk and bow tree.

Skill points will be as follows (rough estimate depends on gear and any repecs)

Passives

Critical Strike-6
    Dodge-6
    Avoid-4
    Evade-4
    Penetrate-20
    Pierce-0
    Inner Sight-1
    Decoy-1
    Valkyrie-20

Spear

Jab- 1
    Impale- 1
    Fend- 20

Bow
    Fire Arrow-4-8
    Cold Arrow4-8
    Magic Arrow-1
    Mutliple Shot-1
    Exploding Arrow-1
    Frozen Arrow-1
    Guided Arrow- 1

Normally I run with zon spears but untwinked I will most likely run with the hyperion spear class of weapon simply because these can be gambled and bought at vendors and zon spears cannot be counted on to drop and are not shoppable . If I find decent enough runes though then a zon spear will be my main weapon courtesy of a respec! (love it)

Bow wise it will be a composite bow class weapon that again can be gambled or bought at a vendor and again if the runes drop then perhaps a zon bow but thats only if!

Rares, magical items and rune words will be the main staple of my gear and uniques only if they drop or I can stand doing the runs with my character to get anything decent. In other words, I am trying be flexible here.

Here are two examples of some endgame rares that I use in my twinked spearie world.

Storm Stinger
    Hyperion Spear
    Two Hand Damage: 124 - 422
    Durability: 18 of 30
    Required Level: 50
    Required Strength: 155
    Required Dexterity: 120
    Fingerprint: 0xb1a0bd24
    Item Level: 78
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    5% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
    +50% Increased Attack Speed
    255% Enhanced Damage
    +102 to Attack Rating
    +31% Damage to Undead
    +75 to Attack Rating against Undead
    Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)
    Required Level +7
    1 Sockets (1 used)
    Socketed: Shael Rune

Shael Rune
    Required Level: 29
    Weapons: +20% Increased Attack Speed
    Armor: +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    Shields: +20% Faster Block Rate

and the bow:

Dire Flight
    Composite Bow
    Two Hand Damage: 22 - 66
    Durability: 26 of 36
    Required Level: 48
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Dexterity: 35
    Fingerprint: 0xfb2e58a2
    Item Level: 79
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    269% Enhanced Damage
    +8 to Minimum Damage
    +37 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
    +145 to Attack Rating
    +1237 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
    Adds 1 - 9 Fire Damage

The biggest problems will be resistances followed by a lack of decent gear. Attack rating could also be a major problem since dexterity will be lower with the hyperion spear.

I will try to update as often as I can and please discount any spelling or grammar errors or ridiculous rants.
    ===============================================

The Diary of an Untwinked Hardcore Solo Single Player Spearazon

Day One – First things first.... Players 8. Next get rid of these crappy javelins and shield and grab a spear. Proceeded to level in the blood moor, cold plains and stony field. Picked up every item that was possible to sell and then purchased a 3-socket spear and socketed helm and armor. The spear was gemmed with 3 chippy sapphires and the armor and helm with chippy topazes and a gold find jewel. After getting to level 6 the den of evil was completed and a rouge merc hired. Equipped merc with socketed gear, nothing in sockets yet.

First points found there way into critical strike and dodge two important skills for this character, especially dodge.

Stat points leaning heavily towards vitality with strength and dexterity secondary concerns at least for now. Andariel with present a huge challenge for a shield less character with crappy arse resistances!

Avoided the carin stones like the plague, tangling with rakeneshu will have to wait until better lightning resistance is gained. Will keep players 8 until the catacombs, by then the lack of damage reduction and resistances will become a liability. Right now it’s all about leveling and collecting gold while looking for gear. Questing will come later.

Eleuthera – Level 10
    Strength – 31
    Dexterity- 31
    Vitality- 50
    Energy-16

Resistances
    Fire- 0
    Cold- 5
    Lightning- 0
    Poison- 5

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Dodge – 5
    Critical Strike – 4

Quests Completed
    Den of Evil – Act One

Day Two – Worried about andariel, it’s in the back of my mind as I am leveling and looking at my craptastic resistances. Engaged in more area clearing in the blood moor, cold plains and stony field. Killed Blood Raven and ran the Crypt and Mausoleum areas five time each; this netted me some resistance charms and rare boots with 3 resistances, that helps. Worked my way through the Underground Passage and then saved Deckard Cain. Rakeneshu wasn’t a big deal at all with a three-socket bow socketed with chipped sapphires. All of my spearies use the bow tree for PI duty and whenever anything is too dangerous to stab with spears (which in hell tends to happen quite often) There are simply things are suicide to melee in hardcore and the bow tree is a great backup.

Socketed my mercs equipment with damage jewels and rubies. She does decent damage and helps a lot.

After Cain it was time to do the Countess and then proceed to run her for runes. Did 9 Countess runs and gained a significant amount of gold. Still leveling and pumping Vitality, still worried about andariel.

Now it was time for dropping down to players one and working my way to Andariels layer. Stabbed and prodded my way there and loaded up the backpack with health potions. I filled my belt with all antidote potions. After clearing all the monsters and paying special attention to the always-annoying carver shaman behind the first few pillars it was time to engage Andariel. Kept the backpack inventory screen open during the fight and crossed my fingers, it looks like the larger life pool paid off and I got lucky and andariel concentrated on my merc for at least half the time. A few health and antidote potions later and Andariel was down along with the merc. But who cares? It was time to head to act two and fight for a horadric cube, the single most important item that my untwinked character will ever posses.

First thing in act two was to purchase a two-socket breastplate and make stealth armor, which was possible only because of the countess runs made earlier, up until this point not a single rune has dropped from a regular monster or object. (Character level 19) The 3 magic damage reduction from stealth helps to supplement crappy resistances.

After that a defensive act two merc was hired and new gear purchased for him. I will have him for the rest of the game. Defense will be one of my priorities as with most of my spearies.

Poked my way to the halls of the dead and avoided the lightning beetles as my lightning resistance was still only 5. The bow on switch was very welcome as usual for situations like this. Then I proceeded to slowly work my way to the lower levels. Finally was able to snatch up my beloved cube and then head to town to transmute gems and runes. Not a bad days work.

Still without fend, but that will be useless until my resistances are brought up and some damage reduction gear is gained. Without this I will never be able to survive fending while taking hits, right now even a single fireball hurts. The only good thing is my larger than normal life pool.

Usually all of my Spearies are twinked heavily and by level 15 are very durable and strong. Untwinked is really an eye opener, a Spearazon is one of the most gear dependant characters in the game, and this is going to be tough indeed!

Right now I am still using normal attack, Jab is annoying with its mana usage. Only four more levels until fend, hopefully with a better weapon and a bit of leech, although this build will not count on it, will only run with 7-14% leech.

Next up is more leveling and gearing up. More countess runs and cubing up some sol runes will also be of importance. A strength spear is also a goal in the short term.

Eleuthera – Level 20

Strength – 44
    Dexterity- 49
    Vitality- 76
    Energy-15

Resistances
    Fire- 54
    Cold- 29
    Lightning- 5
    Poison- 40

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -2
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate – 2
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    None – Act Two

2. Anheg

Anheg IncGamers Member

Re: The Diary of an Untwinked Hardcore Solo Single Player Spearazon

Great writeup, i'm eager to follow your steps especially as I don't have time at the moment to play my own zon at home.

Nice to see that you're using Stealth runeword, that's basically the first item all my chars get once countess runes/level req becomes available. How long do you think you'll run with stealth? Are there any particular gamble opportunities you hope/want to take in the near future? Something cheap like the hand of broc gloves would serve you well for that little bit of leech. Or perhaps a multi resist rare to sort you out for summoner?

3. Arneb

Arneb IncGamers Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you'll find difficulties combining Dodge/Evade/Avoid with Fend. Like you're strikes won't hit. Ever.

It's some old bug that happens when the D/A/E animation trigger. And then all subsequent strikes from Fend miss. Pretty annoying. I'm saying I could be wrong, but I think it's still there...

4. Reynout

Reynout IncGamers Member

I'd say the safety benefits of having a Valkyrie more than make up for the (extremely annoying) D/A/E bug.
    That said, it's still something to consider. But seeing as you've guardianed a couple of zons already, I guess you know this :).

Good luck in your endeavor, I'll be watching this thread closely!

5. Paradigmshift

Paradigmshift IncGamers Member

Very interesting read. I am currently working an integer pdr spearazon through but I am avoiding the valk route and instead using a decoy as my only meatshield. I am currrently undecided whether to use a Faith merc or a reapers merc for the build. Faith gives me more flexibility weapon wise whereas reapers gives me an easy solution for PI. Otherwise, it's a Passion spear on switch for those pesky PI's for me.

I've found that going the integer pdr route requires a high quality of gear and it's very difficult to get a good combination of leach/resists while trying to get the integer pdr to over 100. I should be posting a pat/mat thread of her very soon.

Will continue to follow your progress to guardian, good luck!

6. sneakytails

Thanks for the replies. I tend to layer defences so I run with high defense (2,500 minimum before defiance aura kicks in), a fair amount of DR and MDR and of course the passive tree, twinked I tend to have higher passives.

Yes it is very difficult to get good DR gear and still meet other gear requirements that's why 50-60 DR is the norm for me with about 15-35 MDR on the side.

Like I said earlier with high defense and some DR and MDR whiffing is not an issue and happens only when I become the target of too many enhanced monsters or I get lazy and do not use my decoy and valk properly. I play slow and cautiously and walk during battle to help with evade and keep defense up while moving. Of course with great gear this is a fun way to play, not sure how this is gonna go untwinked.

Time for another update

Day 3 - Not much time to play today but still managed 3 countess runs and a bit of xp running. The first rune finally dropped from a monster, a Tir rune in act two. Managed to level to 21 on players 8 in act 2. Found a rare composite bow with dual leech to replace my old gemmed bow.

Put one skill point into evade after leveling and proceeded to re-roll a magical spear with the 3 chippy horadric cube recipe. Only had enough chippies to do this twice but ended up with a two socket spear with enhanced damage and mana leech. Popped a Ral rune into one socket and a flawed skull I cubed up into the second. 6% mana leech now.

Now able to use jab when not facing undead monsters which was a fair amount of time today. With a tiny mana pool attacking a un-leechable is a very quick drain. This is why normal attack works so well until damage increases and the mana pool gets bigger. Of course twinked this is rarely a problem past level 15!

Also made a nadir runeword full helm. The cloak of shadows that it grants is really the best part. The + mana per kill also helps with jab. The defense boost was nice as well and my chance to get hit is now in the 23% range.

Stealth also features %15 mana regen which helps reduce pot chuggage. This is also helping the jab.

Eleuthera – Level 21

Strength – 45
    Dexterity- 50
    Vitality- 79
    Energy-15

Resistances
    Fire- 54
    Cold- 29
    Lightning- 5
    Poison- 40

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -2
    Evade- 1
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate – 2
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    None – Act Two

Day Four - On players 8 in act two did two full clears in the dry hills, far oasis, lost city, and ancient tunnels. Made level 25 and finally was able to get fend!

Put two points into fend. One point into avoid and one into decoy. Now starting to begin end game play style with a decoy out front and fending behind her when possible and using her to channel the mob and take pressure off me or the merc when necessary.

After leveling and spending points it was time for more countess runs, 22 of them to be precise. Was able to speed the runs up by not picking up every single gold piece or killing every single monster.

After these runs it was time for better resists. Purchased a 3 socket superior breast plate and popped a Ort rune and a Ral rune into it. Then Purchased a two socket superior helm and again popped a Ort and Ral rune into the sockets. Finally new magical gloves, belt and boots were purchased with better resists. This greatly improved my resists and maxed Fire and Lightning, the big two.

During this time I had been cubing up rings and amulets along the way trying to get better ones than the act one junk I was still wearing. Was able to finally get a resist all amulet with a replenish life mod on it, not stellar but far better than the junk I was wearing. Still looking for better rings.

Loosing the stealth armor and nadir helm makes fending much more mana intensive at lower levels and damage. The mana per kill and mana regen that these items offered really made a difference. But I need better resists to keep questing and moving on in the game. I still have the stealth and nadir helm in the stash, at least for a while I will still keep it.

I also found a rare pole arm for my defiance merc with the chance to cast amplify damage mod on it, and its actually helping and casting fairly often. It really helped during my leveling spree.

While leveling and before getting points into decoy I had a close call with a face full of beetle burst, It wasn't his lightning damage that was bad as stealth's 3 MDR negated my abysmal lightning resist it was his physical damage. At this point I have no absolute damage reduction and it shows when even briefly surrounded by monsters, nothing can be done about this until a sol rune drops or I can cube some up but it will take a ton more countess runs to do that.

Other than a tiny beetle burst moment no problems so far.

With the new resist gear and decoy the maggot lair and serpent altar quests were completed without issue.

During questing a Razortine unique trident dropped. The only mana leech I have right now is on my magical spear so this new weapon is horrible for fending (lack of leech) but its fast and i like that. I could use normal attack with this weapon but fend really makes things go so much faster so for now I am using the magical socketed spear. I will keep the Razortine and see if I can get some leech from another source.

Finally I was also able to re-roll a magical composite bow with the chippy recipe and rolled a decent two socket bow. Just waiting two Ral runes for it as I have used up all my runes for now.

Eleuthera – Level 25

Strength – 49
    Dexterity- 47
    Vitality- 91
    Energy-15

Resistances
    Fire- 75
    Cold- 17
    Lightning-75
    Poison- 40

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade- 1
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate – 2
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 2

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    Maggot Lair, Serpent Altar – Act Two

7. sneakytails

Day Five - Contined questing in act two. While working my way to the Arcane Sanctuary a Snakecord Unique Light Belt dropped in the Palace Level 3. This belt replaced my crappy magical belt with poison resist. The Snakecord's higher poison resist and reduction in poison length help immensely.

Arcane Sanctuary wasn't a big deal, I managed to find the summoner the first direction I went (instead of having to clear all levels to find him). I just cast a decoy near him and shot him with the bow while he freezed my merc with his cold attack. Still running really low cold resist and no cannot be frozen gear.

Once in the Canyon of the Magi I completed two full clears on players 8 and leveled to 26.

The real problems started when I entered Duriels Tomb and the masses of undead skeletons made it very hard to fend and still keep my mana up, there were some leachable monsters around but not enough to replace my pool fast enough. So I switched to normal attack and grabbed the razortine and used that. Worked my way to Duriel and the merc's amp damage started going off and Duriel fell fairly easily.

Time for act three and my flayer friends!

It was slow going with normal attack and all of those flayers but decoy and slow missiles helps immensely, plus the merc of course. Without a decent damaging weapon and some mana leech its impossible to use fend right now, these are things I take for granted when running twinked spearies.

Slowly worked my way to the Council and watched my merc start flopping to the hydras. Had to res him twice before I defeated the council and was able to enter the Durance of Hate.

On the way to Mephesto I leveled to 27 and put the skill point gained into Penetrate. Earlier on I had started pumping more stat points into strength and dex to get those up (2, 2, and one into vitality) Its nice to have a larger life pool but I will need more strength and dexterity to equip better items later on.

Dolls are not a problem on players 1 in normal but it was good practice to use the decoy and bow on them anyways. After reaching Mephisto he was downed fairly easily courtesy of Amp Damage.

Cleared some space in the stash by selling off the old magical spear and some other gear and started act four. The vendors still are selling junk amours so no upgrade seen in the near future. The lack of better armor and helm are really starting to effect my defense rating and chance to be hit, its really going up and I am noticing it now. The only good thing is that I am using normal attack still so fend interrupts are not a problem.

First things first in act four is always Izual so I worked my way to him. Gloams made their first appearance but with slow missiles, decoy and maxed lightning resist it wasn't a problem. Slow but not life threatening. After killing Izual the 2 skill points were put into Penetrate.

Slogged my way to the river of flame and through Diablo's Sanctuary. The hardest part was the second seal and the Unique blood lord pack it spawned with an extra strong boss monster which promptly cremated my merc and decoy. It took three tries but after that I managed to clear the rest of the Sanctuary.

The Razortine damage is starting to drop off now and I do not have the runes to upgrade it so its just slog through until a better weapon drops.

Diablo was fun, the hardest part so far. Merc floppage was in full gear at this time I counted 12 deaths for him from Diablo alone. Dude was vaporized in less than one second by Diablo's fire stream. Many town runs and health potions later Diablo finally dropped along with squat for loot. My chance to hit was appalling but oh well, time for the bloody foothills. Killing Diablo allowed me to make level 28.

Hellforge was saved for a later time.

Kept the players setting to players 1 and leapt out of the gate of Harrogath, after killing the first monster a unique ring dropped! and lo and behold it was a Manald Heal! Exactly what I needed, some darn mana leech.

Able to switch to fend but still having to chug the occasional mana pot due to lower damage and mana pool. The mana regen is helping though along with the %6 mana leech from the ring.

Completed half a blood run and leveled to 29. Put the skill point into fend.

Also a Shael and Amn rune dropped.

That was the end of day 5. A lot of progress.

Eleuthera – Level 29

Strength – 57
    Dexterity- 55
    Vitality- 95
    Energy-15

Resistances
    Fire- 75
    Cold- 17
    Lightning-75
    Poison- 75

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade- 1
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate – 5
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 4

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests except Tome - Act Three
    Izual and Diablo - Act Four
    No Quests - Act Five

Day 6 - More leveling in the bloody foothills, Completed 4 full clears and leveled to 33. Points put into Penetrate (1) , Valkrie (2) and fend (1).

On the Second full clear Shenk dropped a rare Maiden spear. With a higher minimum damage and very nice lightning damage I switched to that weapon. The drop in weapon speed was noticeable but the extra reach and damage made up for it.

Two thuls and a shael rune also dropped.

By now my Defense is practically worthless and my chance to be hit at the bloody foothills is also high, 50-70%. This is making fending tougher with the interrupts but with careful valk and decoy positioning I am managing.

Gave the razortine trident to the merc with my higher damage I don't need the amp damage anymore from his weapon.

Went back and completed the Hellforge quest, hoping for a better rune like a Sol. But only a El rune dropped………..Bah!

My first regular maiden spear also dropped (finally) and I quickly went to Charsi to use the Imbue on it. Fortunately it was a great roll for such a low level item and it rolled with 66% ed and 6% mana leech! An excellent replacement weapon. Mana leech is no longer a problem with the 12% leech from the ring and spear and higher damage. Bout Time!

I also upped the Snakecord belt and gained four potion slots. Thanks to the hellforge I had the perfect diamond for it, found the runes during earlier leveling.

What I really need is better armor and helm so I went back to Mephisto and completed 7 runs on him. very easy at players 4 with my new gear. Nothing notable dropped however but did manage another level (34) and put that point into fend. Was hoping for a Duskdeep or Rockfleece but no dice.

Originally I was going to save my socket quest for my endgame weapon but then I realized that I most likely will be running with a rune worded amazon spear. I had originally planned on the hyperion spear class but with lower dexterity reqs it will affect my AR considerably. So due to this change I used my socket quest on the new maiden spear and shoved a Shael rune in it. With the maiden spear class of weapon I can get more sockets which opens up more Rune words anyways.

Endgame gear will consist of runeword armor and spear, runes will be found eventually for them with enough play time.

Blood runs are a dream now weapon and mana wise, leveled to 35 and put the point into penetrate.

Eleuthera – Level 35

Strength – 67
    Dexterity- 72
    Vitality- 101
    Energy-18

Resistances
    Fire- 75
    Cold- 22
    Lightning-65
    Poison- 75

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -2
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate – 6
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 6

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four
    Shenk - Act Five

8. sneakytails

Day 7 - Completed 6 more Mephisto runs on players 4.

Found a 2nd Manald Heal ring and Cathan's Seal on the 1st meph run.

Also replaced my old gemmed composite bow with a rare stag bow. Sold old armor with the Ral and Ort rune in it for a two socketed mechanic's splint mail. Placed two topaz's in it for more Mephisto running.

no change in stat points.

Day 8 - Completed 5 blood runs and 5 eldritch runs on players 8 and leveled to 41 and put points into Valkrie (5) and

Also started pumping strength and dexterity to reach the ceremonial spear stat requirements.

Found a Rare amulet on 2nd blood run with life leech, resists, replentish life and magic find, this replaced my crappy magical amulet I had for a long time.

Completed 2 Countess runs and then upped my rare gloves that I gambled to increase defense. Also gambled a rare circlet with 14 to all resistances, strength, dexterity, defense and attack rating. Finally gambles a pair of boots with decent resists to offset losing my Ort/Ral socketed helm. The Increase to defense from the circlet and gloves is a good thing.

Day 9 - Completed 22 Eldritch and Shenk runs. Leveled to 42 and put 1 point into fend.

After finding the gems I needed via the runs I was able to finally up my maiden spear to a ceremonial spear via the cube upgrade recipe.

Finally a Sol rune dropped on my 13th run! My first one! Have had terrible luck with the countess so far. I think its better to just move into higher level areas and find them from monsters.

Purchased a magical mechanics ancient armor from Larzuk. Very nice defense increase over my old crap. Shoved my sol rune into a socket and a perfect ruby I cubed up into the 2nd socket.

Eleuthera – Level 42

Strength – 104
    Dexterity- 83
    Vitality- 102
    Energy-18
    HP- 524

Resistances
    Fire- 64
    Cold- 57
    Lightning-65
    Poison- 75

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 8

Damage Reduction = 7

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four
    Shenk - Act Five

9. sneakytails

Right now the strategy is to continue to quest and level up. My killing speed is very good right now and my defense is up and my chance to be hit at an acceptable level for a untwinked character, 20-35%.

I want to start to put points into the bow tree before nightmare and up my boots and possibly circlet. Finally I need charms with higher % resists before I enter Nightmare.

I would like to be level 60 before entering Nightmare. This is way longer than I usually stay in Normal and Baal runs but untwinked I think its necessary especially for chance to hit and skill reasons.

Once into nightmare its time to run the pits so I can find a white Ceremonial spear and get 5 sockets on it for the Honor Runeword. Then its replace my rare gloves with some 20 IAS ones.

After the pits its continue on with Andariel runs and try to find some decent items.

Countess runs also will be completed for some Sol runes and perhaps other ones of value for recipes or other runewords.

============================================

10. sneakytails

Back on the horse. Now that the weather is getting colder its time to start playing more again. Winter is my busy season for D2LOD.

Day 10- Finishing up quests and leveling for the most part.

Found a pair of ethereal tearhaunch greaves, decided to wear them in place of my old boots.

Completed ancients without any problems, saved anya and started baal runs. Completed 3 baal runs on players 5 without any major problems.

The biggest problems are resistances right now, in the mean time I will level in normal for a bit more. Then it may be time to stuff some runes into 4 socket armor and look for some damage reduction elsewhere. Nightmare is beckoning.

Eleuthera – Level 47

Strength – 120
    Dexterity- 92
    Vitality- 112
    Energy-21
    HP- 564

Resistances
    Fire- 75
    Cold- 75
    Lightning-70
    Poison- 75

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 8
    Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow - 2

Damage Reduction = 7

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four
    All but killing Nithialik and Baal - Act Five

Day 11- More Baal runs, completed 4 and made 3 more character levels. Put 2 points into fend and two points into guided arrow. 13 stat points went into dexterity and 2 into vitality.

Decided to kill Baal and move onto nightmare. It wasn't too bad as normal is easy for a spearazon for the most part with decent gear. (decent for untwinked..…okay decent for a first time untwinked player….lol!)

Once into nightmare it was time to do a quick check on resistances, complain a little and then complete the den of evil quest. The resulting skill point was put into guided arrow.

Eleuthera – Level 50

Strength – 120
    Dexterity- 105
    Vitality- 114
    Energy-21
    HP- 564

Resistances (Normal)
    Fire- 75
    Cold- 75
    Lightning-70
    Poison- 75

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 10
    Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow - 4

Damage Reduction = 7

Quests Completed (Normal)
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four
    All but killing Nithialik - Act Five

Nightmare
    Den of Evil- Act One

Day 12- Nightmare is going to be different. This character will most likely start having problems around act3 being untwinked, normally its not until late act 5 in nightmare for my twinked spearazons. Gear is so important for these characters.

Also this is where the bow tree starts to come into play with the stronger boss packs and mods that will be encountered in nightmare. The lower resistances that my character has makes the 2nd tree even more important like when elemental bosses pop and when encountering archers and other nasty creatures. Guided arrow allows you to target specific monsters quickly which is very nice for pack bosses and AR is not a factor like so many other attacks, great for an untwinked character. Being able to shoot through doorways and hit monsters, around corners and seek out dangerous monsters like stygian dolls before they get to you is very nice for this character.

Guided arrow fits well with the defensive builds that most of my spearazons are.

Started questing in act one and saved cain, completed the horadric malus quest and starting working my way down to andariel in the catacombs.

Gathered 2 shael, 2 hel and one man rune in the process.

Finally worked my way down to Andariel and killed her. Horrible drop but managed to level to 51. One skill point went into fend and the 5 stat points into dexterity.

After that proceeded to do 6 Andariel runs in total counting the first kill. Nothing really good dropped due to low magic find but I did manage to gather a skystrike unique bow to replace my crappy one and a ethereal lance of yaggi for the mercenary.

The main strategy is to keep Andariel occupied with the valkyrie while I poke her from the side. The merc is pretty much useless and its pure luck if he survives. Without the valk battling Andariel with these low resistances, defense and damage reduction would be very tough. The main idea throughout the later stages of the game is to not be the main target. Valk, merc and decoy will certainly earn their keep from here on out.

Eleuthera – Level 51

Strength – 120
    Dexterity- 105
    Vitality- 114
    Energy-21
    HP- 564

Resistances
    Fire- 44
    Cold- 40
    Lightning-36
    Poison- 44

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 11
    Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow - 4

Damage Reduction = 7

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four
    All but killing Nithialik and - Act Five

Nightmare
    All Quests But Countess- Act One

Day 13- Killed the Countess and adored the crappy drop.

Proceeded to run Andariel another 8 times. Was able to secure some Heavenly Garb Unique light plater armor for the merc to replace he totally crap stuff he was wearing for ages.

Managed to level to 52. One skill point into guided arrow and 5 stat points into dexterity. I will need 142 dexterity for an Matriarchal spear. My endgame weapon.

Eleuthera – Level 52

Strength – 120
    Dexterity- 110
    Vitality- 114
    Energy-21
    HP- 564

Resistances
    Fire- 44
    Cold- 40
    Lightning-36
    Poison- 44

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 11
    Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow -5

Damage Reduction = 7

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four

Nightmare
    All Quests- Act One

Day 14 - 6 more Andariel runs. No really great drops, don't really expect any but still trying and gathering gold. Earlier on I did some gambling and spent almost all of it.

Was able to find two Sol and one Amn and Shael rune.

Also made level 53. 5 stat points went into dexterity and 1 skill point into guided arrow. At this point my ethereal tearhaunch greaves were very close to breaking so I crafted some safety boots and gloves since I had the materials. I can finally upgrade my damage reduction now, it was stuck at 7 for so long. The crafts turned out well, decent resists and DR and MDR.

Finally I destroyed the sockets in my armor and replaced them with a sol and ort rune. I still have not found a higher defense armor with two sockets so I will use what I have.

Now my resistances are getting better. I have fire and lightning maxed with poison almost so. Much better. Also higher Damage reduction helps but its still no where near where it would be when twinked.

My armor and belt could definitely be replaced at this point, just have to keep on trucking. Its time for act two.

Eleuthera – Level 53

Strength – 120
    Dexterity- 115
    Vitality- 114
    Energy-21
    HP- 564

Resistances
    Fire- 75
    Cold- 36
    Lightning-75
    Poison- 68

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 11
    Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow -6

Damage Reduction = 20
    Magic Damage Reduction = 4

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four

Nightmare
    All Quests- Act One

NorthDakota likes this.
  11. freckling

freckling IncGamers Member

I'm assuming the OP gave up? A shame, the thread was a fun read

12. sneakytails

No have not given up. Just taking break and playing my twinked spearies. I will be back.

NorthDakota likes this.
  13. sneakytails

Thanks for the post glad to hear you were reading. That reminded my to check my worddoc and update with these diary entries!

Day 15 - A marathon session, haven't played in a while. Completed Act 2 Nightmare and the Golden Bird Quest in act 3 Nightmare.

Was able to craft a safety helm and safety armor. This helped to up my DR to 31and MDR to 9 respectively. This helps a lot for an untwinked character. Resistances unfortunately went down with the new gear. Maxed fire and lightning is now 68.

Also leveled to 56.

My stash is overflowing with runes, jewels and gems. The main thing right now is to progress farther into the game and find better things.

Found my first small 4% resist all charm. Seems like nothing but it helps, wish i had more! Resist all charms are unfortunately an important part of the spearazon's gear. Most importantly for defensive builds that focus on DR.

Finally was able to craft a spear. Never done this before as I had always secured access to better gear early on. Not so with an untwinked character. The best thing about the safety ceremonial spear I crafted was the extra DR and MDR from a weapon slot. Of course the 30% IAS helps as well! Good roll on that one. I am glad I saved that magical zon spear.

Eleuthera – Level 56

Strength – 107
    Dexterity- 121
    Vitality- 114
    Energy-15
    HP- 533

Resistances
    Fire- 68
    Cold- 49
    Lightning-68
    Poison- 58

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 15
    Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow -6

Damage Reduction = 31
    Magic Damage Reduction = 9

Quests Completed
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four

Nightmare
    All Quests except imbue and blood raven- Act One
    All Quests - Act Two
    Golden Bird - Act Three

Day 16 - 3 lower kurast runs. Leveled to 57. 1 skill point into fend and 3 stat points into strength, 4 dex, and 3 into vitality. (had 5 points left over from a previous level)

Eleuthera – Level 57

Strength – 110
    Dexterity- 125
    Vitality- 117
    Energy-15
    HP- 533

Resistances
    Fire- 68
    Cold- 49
    Lightning-68
    Poison- 58

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 16
    Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow -6

Damage Reduction = 31

Quests Completed

Normal
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four

Nightmare
    All Quests - Act Two
    Golden Bird - Act Three

Day 17- Time to Complete act 3. Hit the sewers and was lucky to find the entrance to level 2 right next to my entry point. I love when that happens. After that did the council without any major problems, (thanks guided arrow) and worked my way slowly to mephisto. Lots of Stygian Dolls, 3 unique packs were encountered but no worries with decoy, merc, valk and guided arrow.

The biggest problem was the council upon entrance to level 3. They trapped me at the entrance and killed my level 7 valk and merc easily. Upon return I somehow managed to use decoy and the new valk to break up the pack and then slowly work my way through them.

After that it was on to mephisto, no real problems. Recasting valk drained my mana and a town run was in order. Surprisingly my merc survived both encounters and I was able to lightly inspect the uber crap drop as I ran to the entrance to act 4.

Made level 58 on my way to meph. Skill point into fend. Don't remember where the stat points went.

Eleuthera – Level 58

Strength – 110
    Dexterity- 128
    Vitality- 117
    Energy-15
    HP- 546

Resistances
    Fire- 68
    Cold- 49
    Lightning-68
    Poison- 58

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 6
    Avoid -3
    Evade-3
    Valkyrie -7
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –7
    Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 17
    Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow -6

Damage Reduction = 31

Quests Completed

Normal
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Four

Nightmare
    All Quests - Act Two
    All Quests - Act Three

NorthDakota likes this.
  14. corax

corax IncGamers Member

good read man. can we get a load out on the safety spear? never seen one

15. sneakytails

Here you go:

Doom Nails
    Ceremonial Spear
    Two Hand Damage: 72 - 108
    Durability: 27 of 28
    Required Level: 52
    Required Strength: 101
    Required Dexterity: 80
    Fingerprint: 0xf3313af0
    Item Level: 67
    10% Chance to cast level 4 Fire Bolt on attack
    +1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
    +30% Increased Attack Speed
    113% Enhanced Damage
    +7% Enhanced Defense
    Damage Reduced by 1
    Magic Damage Reduced by 2

I have better matriarchal spears in my regular hardcore stash, its really just patience and time but you can roll some good ones. If I really concentrated hard I could make a uber spear but that's a huge investment in time. I usually run fortitude mat spears on most of my twinked chars.

I do plan on making a mat spear in act one hell as that's where I level through andarial and pit runs to around level 80-82.

16. Sigh

Sigh Wizard Moderator

This thread inspired me to start playing an Amazon, at long last! (Softcore though, because I'm a wuss.)

Prayin' 4 U :p

NorthDakota likes this.
  17. sneakytails

Day 18- Started in on act 4. Slowly worked my way to the plains of despair and found many boss packs of burning souls. Using the decoy and valk I was able to target the the unique boss monsters from the edges with guided arrow and then fend the rest. Always throwing a decoy in front of the target helped divert the lightning bolts. I find I am using decoy more than slow missiles against ranged attackers. Its accurate placement helps to divide up groups and move monsters in semi-predictable patterns.

The valk seems to be dying too much as a result of only 7 skill points invested. Such are the problems with defensive builds using dodge, avoid and evade. The extra points in these skills takes away from others.

Izual was not a problem, just a measly fire enchanted version easily distracted by a decoy, valk and merc. One weapon repair later and he was down for the count.

Working my way to the river of flame waypoint took some doing due to the valk dying. The increasing elemental and magic damage was taking its toll. More recasts and town trips to re supply mana as a result. I did make it there however.

After getting the quest reward from Tyreal and the soulstone from Deckard Cain I decided turn my attention to the two quests still unfinished. The normal difficulty act 3 tome and the nightmare act one blood raven quests were finished with little fanfare. Being still relatively powerful with an exceptional spear and 17points into fend thats understandable.

It was then that I decided to use my nightmare respec. One thing that I have been doing as of late with my twinked spearazons has been to only put one point into Dodge, Avoid, and Evade. Normally I would go with about 6 points each. These skills have saved my bacon in the past, especially with hardcore characters. But I am at the point now with my playing style that I can go without these skills and use a more battlefield command type defense using decoy, valk and the merc. The extra points can go into valk at earlier levels and help with late nightmare.

It fits better with the more balanced approach my builds take on. Yes they are defensive in nature but they also blend defense, damage and magic reduction with ok killing speed and a ranged attack.

As long as I move slowly, command the battlefield and place my decoy and valk effectively then I should not get into situations that allow D/A/E to become a requirement. The side benefit is the fend bug is reduced, although holding down the mouse too long still causes problems.

On the respec fend was maxed and more points put into valkyrie and penetrate. The rest of the points were the same as before the respec.

For stat points I made sure I had the strength for a matriarchal spear (114) and then split up dexterity and vitality 3 to 2.

Going forward If I can keep my damage and magic reduction totals going up then I can compensate for the lack of higher defense rating which I normally have at this point. My gear needs some revamping for hell along with resistances. Act 5 nightmare will be a time of organizing and farming most likely.

I know I will be saving my reward for the nightmare imbue quest and socket quest for sure. I will try for a matriarchal spear imbue or decent craft at around level 80 in act one hell. Whatever I get will get socketed. Not sure If I will find the runes for a Fortitude weapon or armor but I am not counting on it. (unless I really put in the time doing runs).

Eleuthera – Level 58

Experience - 105326931

Strength – 114
    Dexterity- 108
    Vitality- 138
    Energy-15
    HP- 558
    Mana - 100
    Stamina - 259
    Defense (with gear) - 614
    AR - 510

Resistances
    Fire- 72
    Cold- 49
    Lightning-68
    Poison- 58

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 1
    Avoid -1
    Evade-1
    Valkyrie -14
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –8

Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 20

Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow -6

Gold Find - 8%
    Magic Find - 13%
    IAS - 30%

Damage Reduction = 31

Quests Completed

Normal
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Three
    All Quests - Act Four

Nightmare
    All Quests except imbue - Act One
    All Quests - Act Two
    All Quests - Act Three

Day 19 - Diablo time! Time to grab the spear from the rack and drag my lazy arse to diablo's sanctuary to do battle with a prime evil.

Pretty much slow and steady on the way to the sanctuary. Cast decoy a safe distance ahead, advance on the mob, chip the edges and retreat if a possible encircling develops. Enchanted packs brought out the bow with guided arrow and an eventual end to the leader of the pack, shortly followed by skewered demons on a long stick. Seasoning optional.

With the new stat point distribution the valkyrie lasted much longer (level 14). With some more leveling in nightmare the valk should be ready for act one hell. (level 17)

Penetrate could be higher along with my attack rating but I am sure my rapid progress through nightmare has something to do with my lower than normal chance to hit. More leveling is in order.

Carefull positioning of the valk and decoy distracted Diablo enough to allow my merc to actually survive the encounter. Diablo was no real problem unless of course you count the uber bad drop.

I decided to save the hellforge quest for a later level in the hopes of a better drop.

Now its time for Act 5 goodness!

Eleuthera – Level 59

Experience - 113495567

Strength – 114
    Dexterity- 111
    Vitality- 140
    Energy-15
    HP- 566
    Mana - 102
    Stamina - 262
    Defense (with gear) - 615
    AR - 525

Resistances
    Fire- 72
    Cold- 49
    Lightning-68
    Poison- 58

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 1
    Avoid -1
    Evade-1
    Valkyrie -14
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –9

Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 20

Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow -6

Gold Find - 8%
    Magic Find - 13%
    IAS - 30%

Damage Reduction = 31

Quests Completed

Normal
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Three
    All Quests - Act Four

Nightmare
    All Quests - Act Two
    All Quests - Act Three
    All Quests but Hellforge - Act Four
    0 - Act Five

Day 20 - Time to quest in act 5. Check the gear, prod the valk and merc, and then bolt out the gate into the bloody foothills. First run was set to players 1. Worked my way up slowly to shenk, thankfully no missile attack monsters. Killed shenk, made level 60. Skill point into penetrate and the 5 stat points went into dexterity.

Turned the player setting to p3 and then went on another blood run. The merc was flopping big time and starting sucking up the gold. Two resurrections just on this 2nd blood run. Worked my way past Shenk and onto the Eldritch enslaved pack. Made level 61 as I killed Eldritch and grabbed the rare circlet that he dropped. He also dropped a Lem rune. My highest so far! The skill point went into Penetrate and stat points into dex. The circlet turned out to be great as long as you are a pally. Ditched the circlet.

Up to this point I had been hoarding all runes. Upon closer inspection it was determined that only one rune of each type needs to be kept. I then sold off all the lower rune duplicates. Theres really no sense in keeping multiple tir and nef runes!

On the 3rd blood run Tran-Ouls heavy bracers dropped, I didn't even pick them up. However a grand charm did drop toward the end of the run that I did keep, a 14 resist all charm! Resist all charms are like crack for a spearazon, you just cant get enough! Fire and lightning resistances now maxed!

Along the way on run 3 made level 62. Skill point went to penetrate and stat points into dexterity.

Day 21 - Though I was big and bad so I went to the river of flame and turned it to players 8. Stepped off the waypoint towards the hellforge and ran into a pack of urdars, they flattened my merc and and then almost surrounded me. They knocked me to about half health while I tried to fend in vain. Barely doing any damage to them! Went back to town with help from decoy and resurrected the merc. This is getting expensive, down to 50k gold. Turned it back down to players 3 and put off hellforge to a later day.

Blood runs then, started at the waypoint above shenk and worked my way towards him. Started fending a pack of enslaved when this possessed thorned hulk sprinted up to me and started stunning me along with huge smacks. Gulped health potions until I could get out of there with only 10 hit points left. Very sloppy play! I should have saw that thorned hulk and cast a decoy at him to stop him from advancing on my unprotected side.

Continued the slow run, handled a few more packs of champion and possessed thorned hulks better. Still slow, killing speed though.

Made level 63. Skill point into penetrate, stat points into dex.

After that I decided to hit Lower Kurast at players 8 to see what I could dig up. Really hoping for a zon spear to use on the charsi imbue.

Killing speed much better at this act. Went through LK with no problems and viola! a Superior Maiden Spear dropped! Grabbed that sucker at hit the waypoint back to Charsi in act one. Gave her the spear and hit the imbue button. Slowly opened the backpack up and looked at the spear, almost fell out the chair!

Great roll! Exactly what I needed for the rest of NM and Hell!

+2 to Javelin and Spear skills, 286% Enhanced damage, 7% mana leech, 10% IAS and two decent resistances! Took the spear to Larzuk and socketed it, popped a shael rune into it for a total of 30% IAS. Now we are talking!

The cool thing about doing is this is the ability to upgrade the rare weapon, I already had the Ort rune and perfect sapphire, all I needed was a Amn rune to up the weapon to a exceptional rare ceremonial spear.

Countess time! In 3 runs i had my Amn rune! Upped the spear, admired it for a few seconds and then sold the old safety spear and equipped the new one. Damage doubled and cold resistance is now maxed!

One more blood run to test the new weapon. Kill speed is so much better now! Made level 64. Skill point into penetrate and stat points went into dexterity. More missile attack monsters though on this run.

Goals:
    - find the Um and Fal rune to up the weapon to elite (matriarchal spear), hopefully through the hellforge quest.
    - Craft more safety gear.
    - Continue questing.
    - Re-roll more charms to get resist all ones.

Started out rough but made progress.

Heres the spear:

Ghoul Stake
    Ceremonial Spear
    Two Hand Damage: 131 - 196
    Durability: 28 of 28
    Required Level: 53
    Required Strength: 101
    Required Dexterity: 80
    Fingerprint: 0x315110a6
    Item Level: 67
    +2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
    +30% Increased Attack Speed
    286% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 1 - 36 Lightning Damage
    7% Mana stolen per hit
    Cold Resist +21%
    Fire Resist +28%
    Required Level +5
    1 Sockets (1 used)
    Socketed: Shael Rune

Eleuthera – Level 64
    Experience - 168158826

Strength – 114
    Dexterity- 136
    Vitality- 140
    Energy-15
    HP- 576
    Mana - 109
    Stamina - 267
    Defense (with gear) - 621
    AR - 650

Resistances
    Fire- 114
    Cold- 84
    Lightning-82
    Poison- 72

Skill Points
    Inner Sight – 1
    Slow Missile -1
    Decoy -1
    Dodge – 1
    Avoid -1
    Evade-1
    Valkyrie -14
    Critical Strike – 6
    Penetrate –14

Jab - 1
    Impale - 1
    Fend - 20

Magic Arrow - 1
    Multiple Shot -1
    Cold Arrow - 1
    Guided Arrow -6

Gold Find - 8%
    Magic Find - 13%
    IAS - 30%

Damage Reduction = 29
    Magic Damage Reduction = 8

Quests Completed

Normal
    All Quests – Act One
    All Quests – Act Two
    All Quests - Act Three
    All Quests - Act Four

Nightmare
    All Quests - Act Two
    All Quests - Act Three
    All Quests except Hellforge - Act Four
    Shenk - Act Five

NorthDakota likes this.
  18. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Nice progress, you had some sticky situations there! Be smart and play safe, carelessness will be a lot less forgiving in hell :)

And just fyi, nothing changes the hellforge drop odds.

19. OsyncO

OsyncO IncGamers Member

I'm enjoying this thread and finding it informative to see how an experienced player approaches the game.

20. sneakytails

I am glad its being read.

Its fun to play un-twinked and only use what you can find/gamble/ or craft. A big reason why I always loose interest in D2 are my muled characters who can grab any gear at any time. (5 year old stash) Its just a great feeling when you get a important drop or roll at just the right time. The tough moments especially early on balance that nicely and make you appreciate the good moments more. I now realize that its possible to play the game this way and still end up with a great character, something that seems to be closer to the original spirit of the game.

Over the years I have compiled a massive collection of information by many great players, most far better and informed than myself.

I have created what I call my diablo "Tome". A massive binder about 5 inches thick with everything printed out and accessible any time. Constantly browsing through it helps to build a foundation.

I might use this thread to do multiple spearazons,(part one, two, etc) working on the different build types, builds unique to this amazon sub class (the spearazon).

In a way its my going away party for when d3 comes out and amazons disappear from the playable landscape. (unless a huge surprise is in one of the expansions!)

NorthDakota likes this.