"The Dentist"

Useratuaer

Diabloii.Net Member
For those of you who dont know the Dentist is a character using Teeth as a main form of attack. (tricky huh?)

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Why don't you just try it out? AFAICS, the "Dentist" is exactly the same build as every other bonemancer, except possibly for the wand (making White in +3 teeth instead of +3 bonespear... not a big deal to change later).

sequoia

Diabloii.Net Member
from my experience, it's not bad in lower nm, but it gets really weak as you get up there, and does very very little in hell

Phil

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 - Just so you know, the dentist does not use White even in a +3 Teeth Wand. Boneshade Lich Wand is much much better for the dentist.

The dentist is very capable of soloing hell, but it is pretty item dependent. One thing that I have found is that many people are against using Bone Wall, but if you are soloing(or with a party as far as I am concerned) Bone Wall sets up the perfect barrier between you and your assailants. FCR is very important, and I would recommend nothing less than 125 for the BP. I have taken my dentist all the way through hell and beaten Baal in a 4 player game solo(although not using teeth). Goodluck.

phil

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Think of the Dentist as a challenge/handicap/fun build like a Barb that uses leap attack as his primary skill. Any standard bonemancer will use all of his attack skills with Bonespear being the most frequent. Teeth works great on hordes of weaker enemies that tend to scatter in Hell like fallen and those teleporting gremlin dudes in Act 5 and once you get all the skills maxed out Bone Spirit is typically stronger against Act Bosses and Super Uniques whose minions have been cleared out.

The Dentist is really more about a different approach and swapping out one item rather than a totally seperate build. If you get sick of it, just make a +8 BS white wand and play it like a standard bonemancer.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Pherdnut said:
The Dentist is really more about a different approach and swapping out one item rather than a totally seperate build. If you get sick of it, just make a +8 BS white wand and play it like a standard bonemancer.
It used to be a totally different build. Synergies ruined it. :hanky:

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
If there's another patch with the ladder reset, I hope it loosens up synergies a bit. They were a good idea and I like that they reduced the redundancy of certain early level skills but it really hurts build variety. Dual element sorcs are pretty crappy in Hell and requiring 100 skills to get something to full power really hurts hybrid possibilities for Necros. 99% of Barbs are whirly because that's the one powerful all occasion combat skill that still lets them dump a lot of points into their warcries and masteries.