The December "2085" Tournament

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
ha, i misread the start date as the mid date. I can have (cough) 10 hours done by within the next 24.
No need to rush massively. But if you want? I was expecting the midpoint list to be posted Tuesday evening, so if you can just get close to 10h by then and reported to Kitteh by like 10pm Tuesday that would be fine.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I mean, does it matter too much if he/she isn't midway? Luck doesn't occur in two halves of an event, I don't think that it is even historically predictive of results in say, the MFO :D

Kefka

Diabloii.Net Member
i'll just bang out what i can by 10 pm (est). I can tell you that after putting in an hour last night and finding nothing, my second hour was a bit nicer (grail item).

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it's good to have at least a midpoint update so people get a sense of where they're at. We'll just do the best we can with it.

Kefka

Diabloii.Net Member
It looks like I'll have about 7-8 hours in by 10 pm, that's fair, right? Maybe I'll have 5 elites by then!
Just like everyone else, I've seen 2 diadems, 3-4 sacred armor, a few hydra bows, even an unearthed wand mostly blue and white. Usually they drop next to a pair of frostburns.

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe there was a miscommunication - you could wait until Tuesday evening and see what you get by then.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
Loco, I missed your earlier comment somehow - I am running solely Pindleskin in the end, just safer :D

So as it stands, I think that despite drop outs the table of entrants is actually unchanged - so still some to go. Not due until tonight of course, I'm not rushing anybody. However, if you are not competing after all but your name is still in this table, can you let me know, please? Thanks! :p

Current entrants:
-------------------------------------------------
darkstarhub
EatSleepDiablov2
ffs
Grape
Kefka
Kitteh
Locohead
maxicek
-------------------------------------------------

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry I forgot we had an update at this point -- though I have just started running, so zero points from me.

I'll try my best to give this a half-decent effort now :p

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
I’m running haven’t added up my drops yet. My barb is finding nothing, may hit Pindle or AR with a Blizz Sorc.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
If somebody sends in late then I will add it;

December 2085 Tournament Midway Results

EatSleepDiablov2
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Templar's Might 10.7
Stormspire 9.3
Giant Skull 8.1
Giant Skull 8.1
-------------------------
Total 64.0

Kefka
Astreon's 27.8
Blood Raven's 6.7
Nat's Mark 4.3
Eschuta's 4.6
Naj's Puzzler 3.1
Total 46.5

Locohead
Steelrend 10.7
Steelrend 10.7
Blackoak Shield 5.9
Horizon's Tornado 5.7
Stormshield 5
Total 38.0

Kitteh
Steel Pillar 9.3
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8
Veil of Steel 5.7
Frostwind 4.6
Lacerator 4.3
Total 31.7

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I have no chance now, heh. Albatross seemed to think Pindle wasn't as good as AT but ESDV2's results call that into question.

I don't know how people (Alba) do such fast AT runs. He showed me the method but I don't get how his PC loads everything so fast. I don't think I'll ever be competitive until I fix it.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't forget luck, these things change very quickly! Do you have -ns etc? Mine is slow loading between games too, I've never figured out why...

EatSleepDiablov2

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you use window mode with Glide wrapper Loco? Takes a bit of getting used to (from standard) but reduced my Pindle runs by 5-10 secs...

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
No I'm using full screen, and I don't know what draw I'm using. I'll have to look into it before I try any more tourneys. I must be losing up to 15 seconds per run just on game creation & load times.