Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The December "2085" Tournament

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Locohead, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

So, I am planning to make a rare only character in the future, so I am IDing all rares items. Some of them aren't great, but I'm not going to wait until I have perfect rares :p Anyway, this orb just dropped. Troll much?

Attached Files:

2. Locohead

Locohead Diabloii.Net Member

Kitteh - I've forsworn picking up rare orbs for the tournament. I also have an embargo on large charms (although I still pick up small and grand), gems (although I still pick up flawless amethysts) and a lot of other stuff. But it really hurts every time I have to pass up a gem shrine, ugh. Like losing 2/3 of a crafted amulet each time.

How is everyone progressing? I have gotten zero Top 5 improvement in the last 4 hours of runs. :( But, I did just find:

[​IMG]

First one ever. :cool:

Albatross, Kitteh and T72on1 like this.
  3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

What's with all those HRs in mf touraments lately? Congrats.

Locohead likes this.
  4. Kitteh

I'm on 10 qualifiers, just under 6 hours of running. I've not been going long in HC, so a lot of 'crappy finds' are wonderful for me because I want them for builds etc, like Guillame's and Lycander's. So, some good finds :D Highest rune is a Gul though...

5. Locohead

Glad you have gone up in quals. Are you still doing a lot of Pindle? Lately I've been coasting along at about 2 quals / hr in AT.

Kitteh likes this.
  6. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

My drops so far have been total poop. I did find a Ber Rune night before last, but RNGesus has forsaken me I believe. I am running with 407 MF so maybe she needs a little extra to get closer to 500. Diminishing returns makes that 93 extra MF kinda moot, but you never know when that extra few percent may have caused a yellow unearthed wand or hydra bow to drop golden instead.

Either way I am having fun getting better at the runs and pushing ever closer to lvl 96. I fell asleep last night at the wheel and nearly died again. It sucks getting old, but burning the candle on both ends will get you at some point.

7. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

@Kitteh i am also collecting rares for a “rares only” character which will more than likely be a Sorc. The plan is to use only rare jewels, but as far as charms and skillers, they are blue text items so I am not sure if I want to include them for fear of messing up the theme. Gheeds is gold so it may be out as well. The thing is, adding charms makes a character so much stronger and using rares only will be a balancing act for sure. I want to make a blue Barb as well.

Kitteh likes this.
  8. Albatross

Albatross Diabloii.Net Member

Nearing 4 hours with nothing of significance dropping.

Playing around with gear, tired 63 FCR again and it feels slower, but appears to be slightly faster. I still prefer 105 though :)

Kitteh likes this.
  9. Kitteh

Well, I was planning to include charms, at least the first time and see what I think.

10. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 Diabloii.Net Member

Never even started, so pull me back off the list if you ever put me on there. I’m spending all my free playing time with the MP “Modern League” folks and we’re having a blast!

Kitteh likes this.
  11. Locohead

Aaaand I'm finished. Wanted to get all 20 hours done before the end of the week, heh. Ended up with almost as many qualifiers as MFO, but not as good of a result. Maybe I'll keep running AT, watch me get something amazing that won't count for my score...

Other thoughts:
    - My computer is slow on game creation & changing acts. It definitely hinders me a lot on these hour-limited tourneys. I don't know how to fix it, if I even can. RAMdisk?? I already have an SSD.
    - Got about halfway to L95 in these 20 hours, even with dying twice (and recovering the corpse.) Looks like about 40 hours of /p1 AT then to go L94-L95.
    - After finding 1 last Sur rune in LK, I made and gave Infinity to my merc. But I question the wisdom of Infinity in this. The constant green aura made unique packs harder to identify, and while it's a strong weapon and helped against some CIs, the -ECR didn't help my sorc. Now that I have Infinity I'm thinking of just respeccing to CL... maybe then I should run Pits? What weapon do you give your merc in AT, Eth Insight for the mana boost & less town trips for mana pots?
    - I'll be sure to immediately post and lament over any post-tourney high-point qualifiers here, heh

Oh, of course.

[​IMG]

Templar's Heart Attack. Heh.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    T72on1 and Kitteh like this.
  12. Kitteh

Wait, was that post-competition drops? :rolleyes:

Edit: Don't forget to send your midway results guys and gals!

13. Locohead

Yeah that Templar's was after. Would have been so fitting if it was Tyrael's. Still waiting for that post-tourney Death's Web to "make me feel bad", any time now... :rolleyes:

Kitteh likes this.
  14. Kitteh

You should see my folder of blue and yellow bases, its depressing. I mean, it isn't even all of them, just those that I could be bothered screenshotting :p

15. Albatross

Albatross Diabloii.Net Member

I'm afraid I'm also out, unexpected real life event took priority and there's no time for gaming.

I'll be back to d2 soon, as always :)

Good luck to those still competing and nice one there, @Locohead, I really hoped it was "the" one.

Locohead likes this.
  16. Locohead

"Liked" your comment but sucks you can't compete. But I'm sure there will be another before TOO long.

17. Kefka

Kefka Diabloii.Net Member

I'm in, can you throw me up on the list?

18. Locohead

Hmm. How soon do you think you can get to 10 hours playtime? I was hoping we could post everyone's midpoint score all at once.

19. Kefka

Kefka Diabloii.Net Member

ha, i misread the start date as the mid date. I can have (cough) 10 hours done by within the next 24.

Kitteh likes this.
  20. Kitteh

Dooooooooooooooo it! *Flashart voice*