The December "2085" Tournament

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
- 20 hours playtime!
- L85 areas! (or Pindle)
- 2 weeks to complete! (Midnight 12/4 to Midnight 12/18, your time)
- No claims, all glory!
- MFO scoring:
Your top 5 elite sets & uniques comprise your score, as defined in the MFO sheets.
Only items from valid enemies can be submitted. For L85 areas, chests are excluded. For Pindle, only Pindle and his minions are included.

- Mid-tournament update posted 12/12 or so
- Message your top 5 for the first week OR first 10 hours (whichever comes first) to Kitteh by 12/12, so we can do a mid-tourney update, and again after you've completed the tournament (20 hours or 2 weeks, whichever comes first.)
- Please do not show or mention specific qualifiers you've found. Feel free to post about other finds!

Good luck!!

A85 scoring sheets

Current entrants:
-------------------------------------------------
darkstarhub
EatSleepDiablov2
ffs
Grape
Kefka
Kitteh
Locohead
maxicek
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

DiabloTwoinDC

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll sign up for the 68 year anniversary of this tournament.. Playing the December 2085 tournament in the year 2085 sounds like a plan! ;)

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
Question before the start - generally, does time spent muling stuff in Atma count towards tournament run time? I'm guessing no but thought I'd ask.

Update - 2 hours in, 5 qualifiers but nothing significant. (Got a Pul rune, heh.) Not a good start. I'm doing runs faster than the MFO, leaving a lot of stuff on the ground (gems, most magicals and rares, etc.) but still not nearly efficient enough.

Last edited:

Albatross

Diabloii.Net Member
Question before the start - generally, does time spent muling stuff in Atma count towards tournament run time? I'm guessing no but thought I'd ask.
I'd also like confirmation on this (and am under the same impression).

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm in as well, I really preferred the 20h format in the past so that's great!

Gives me a reason to get some MF gear back on my 99er Sorc -- she's totally settled into her grinding routine so any change is super exciting, and be it just switching to Shako and WT. ;)

Going to stick with P8/P3 Baal though, so same as with MFO expectations aren't super high. :/

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh and what about Baal actually? Am I allowed to include his drops at all, and if so, using Baal MFO sheet? Or just WSK, and if so using alvl85 score sheet?

Albatross

Diabloii.Net Member
@Kitteh pindle has the same scoring as A85, except not being able to drop azurewrath, arachnid, and tyrael's.

@ffs I'm afraid baal's drops are just not compatible with those of A85 (or pindle). We would need a system to somehow map them to those of A85 and even then it probably wouldn't be balanced.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Albatross Well that system exists, there is a separate MFO score sheet for Baal runs which could be used. Otherwise (i.e. if Baal is definitely not included), my question was whether I'm correct in assuming that WSK/Throne Room drops are measured according to the alvl85 score sheet. Those are lvl85 areas after all, but would like to confirm the score sheet applies in case Baal drops are excluded. I'm going to include Baal in my runs in any case, but in that case wouldn't count his drops towards the score. Would be nice if he was an allowed target though ofc. :)

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
If it a L85 area, then it would fall under L85. Obviously, Baal drops would be separate, and in this case not included, I guess? I don't know if people have used two scoring sheets for one final score before using Throne/Baal?

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
If enough people feel that there's a fair way to include Baal drops, I will say OK? But right now I'm not sure.

What if Baal drops don't count, but your time spent in the worldstone chamber doesn't count towards the 20h? That would be the easiest compromise I can think of.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I personally don't feel comfortable including them. It is perhaps something to consider for future tournaments, but not when the tournament is ongoing.

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
Same. The tournament is in progress, and it's questionable whether not only we can come up with a perfect system of scaling Baal drops to be included, but also get everyone to agree on it. But I am totally fine with saying time spent in the Worldstone Chamber doesn't count towards the 20 hours, if others are OK with that.

Albatross

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I've googled a bit and checked the drop calc.

This is from the official MFO rules:

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves)
Having checked the drop odds for the same unique item across these monsters, it's clear why - they are all quite different. The scoring for A85 and pindle are possibly the same out of convenience, not because they are related so even fusing the pindle+ category with A85 might not have been a great idea.

Same. The tournament is in progress, and it's questionable whether not only we can come up with a perfect system of scaling Baal drops to be included, but also get everyone to agree on it. But I am totally fine with saying time spent in the Worldstone Chamber doesn't count towards the 20 hours, if others are OK with that.
That sounds like a fair proposition, I think I actually ran WSK + baal in a 20h A85 tournament exactly the same way (a long time ago). Also, the randomly generated bosses in the chamber can and should be included, it's only the waves and baal which should be excluded.

Locohead

Diabloii.Net Member
The scoring for A85 and pindle are possibly the same out of convenience, not because they are related so even fusing the pindle+ category with A85 might not have been a great idea.
Perhaps. I was trying to be accommodating where possible.

If you focus on unique/superunique kills then it comes down to kills / unit time and drop chances. Looking at for example Death's Web, at 500 MF /p1 I show 1/58432 chance from Pindle, 1/116281 from an AT unique. So it's nearly 2x as likely to drop from Pindle compared with any given unique in AT. But how many unique kills / time would an efficient run get from AT vs. an efficient Pindle run? If you think the answer is that it's too much of a difference in favor of Pindle, maybe we should reexamine the inclusion of Pindle.

If we exclude Pindle NOW then that would mean excluding all Pindle items thus far and also refunding the people's accumulated Pindle time. But, unless you think it's a radical difference in items / sec, I'd vote to not change the rules at this point.

Last edited: