The death build

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member
The death build

So, how's this for an off the wall stupid build? It's designed so that you kill things by dying. Basically you want to get all the different types of die facets. Probably a Medusa's Gaze and the destruction runeword in a sword. You'd probably want to be a pally with max conviction and hope that it stays active long enough for the death spells to get it's effect. Then you'd actually want low life so that you die quicker to trigger all the 100% chance to cast when you die attacks.

Would it be enough to kill stuff or would you constantly be dodging monsters while you fight to get to your corpse?

For the record you'd be casting: lvl 45 Meteor, lvl 31 Meteor (assuming the facet and the Destruction work seperately), lvl 37 Blizzard, lvl 47 chain lightning, lvl 51 poison nova and lvl 44 nova.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Unless you're using a sorc and investing in the elemental masteries and/or synergies, you'll do laughable damage in Hell. But it sounds like a fun idea.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
good idea, but the problem is that only one facet will pop when you die
the only way to get 2 death die mods is if you die with a merc that has a facet equiped iirc

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member
ffejrxx said:
good idea, but the problem is that only one facet will pop when you die
the only way to get 2 death die mods is if you die with a merc that has a facet equiped iirc
Awww well that really ruins the whole build. I knew that only one of each type of facet would activate but I didn't know it was one total. I wonder if that means only one chance to cast on death spell total. hmmm maybe this build requires more research.

Oh and I should have posted a disclaimer that this build does not work well in hardcore.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Zeek said:
Awww well that really ruins the whole build. I knew that only one of each type of facet would activate but I didn't know it was one total. I wonder if that means only one chance to cast on death spell total. hmmm maybe this build requires more research.

Oh and I should have posted a disclaimer that this build does not work well in hardcore.
It's one of each type, not one total, but it's still not very much damage.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
The idea has been around for as long as facets, and not been remotely useful for equally as long.

Zeek

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
The idea has been around for as long as facets, and not been remotely useful for equally as long.
Doesn't conviction help at all or does it wear off too quickly when you die?

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Bjam said:
Build one in Hardcore and let us know how it goes. :laugh:
See the end of the 4th post. :rolleyes:

Back in the 1.10 beta (yeah, there was one) I tried this on a merc. No weapon but armor socketed with all 4 facets IIRC. It worked quite well in Act 1 Normal, but sucked eggs in Hell. Cool graphics though.:grin:

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
The most effective on-death skill is clearly the poison nova on a necro. Make it fully synergized, and cast LR, then die. It cleans the room in two seconds. No problem getting the corpse back, and no need to worry about conviction! :azn:

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
The most effective on-death skill is clearly the poison nova on a necro. Make it fully synergized, and cast LR, then die. It cleans the room in two seconds. No problem getting the corpse back, and no need to worry about conviction! :azn:
And so much faster then just casting your own nova twice!

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Merick said:
And so much faster then just casting your own nova twice!
At least twice as fast since the duration is two seconds, and all -res makes the damage more than double!

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
At least twice as fast since the duration is two seconds, and all -res makes the damage more than double!
You know I was alluding to the time spent running across town to rez your merc, running across town to your TP/WP, running from your TP/WP to your body, killing/avoiding anything in the way, clicking your body, and putting your pots back in the belt, right?

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Merick said:
You know I was alluding to the time spent running across town to rez your merc, running across town to your TP/WP, running from your TP/WP to your body, killing/avoiding anything in the way, clicking your body, and putting your pots back in the belt, right?
Makes sense too! :)