Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Deadly Assassination Squad

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by TinaTurner, Oct 14, 2006.

1. TinaTurner

TinaTurner IncGamers Member

I'm starting an untwinked group to play through the game on HC USEast. I invite everyone here to join me.

Purpose

The goal of this is to have fun by experiencing a new way of playing Diablo II.

Rules

The Deadly Assassination Squad will consist only of assassins and act 1 mercenaires. You are allowed to play whenever you want either by yourself or with other memebers, but you may not complete quests except during the specified times. We will advance in the game together, meeting either 1 or 2 times a week (depending on what works for those wanting to join). You can not twink your character. Trade with characters who are not on the team is forbidden. Items will go to those who need them most. All assassins must be capable of casting Fade in keeping with The Death Assassination Squad's policy.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in please post your account name and what type of assassin you plan on building. Please post the times which you would want to play as a group.

My account is *hsmith12 and my assassin will set death sentry traps, throw knives dipped in poison, summon a duplicate of itself. and command an archer (a1 merc) to shoot in enemies.

2. tuxor

tuxor IncGamers Member

i might be down, although it sounds kinda goofy.

so our assassin's have to have fade on? no BoS?

3. StoryOfReign

StoryOfReign IncGamers Member

I'm down with this. I'll be a fire trap asn. Will help us rape normal mode. a1 merc of course. Sometimes i'd rather have BoS instead of fade. But we'll see.

*StoryOfReign

4. TinaTurner

My mistake. I forgot that BoS and Fade cannot be active at the same time. It is no longer a requirement. I just thought it would look good for everyone to be transparent.

5. StoryOfReign

I think melee assassins would need BoS. It greatly helps with attack speed. I don't know how many people we are going to get for this. I've heard of an all paladin team back from Gat. So i dunno. Its hard these days to get people together.

6. StoryOfReign

Accidental double post.

7. TinaTurner

Yes you are right. I hadn't played an assassin in awhile and forgot about that. Fade does do 1% physical resist per level (capped at 50%), so it is somewhat helpful to melee assassins, depending on your play style. Although I will likely be switching between the two while using TS, depending on the type of enemies....

It is a challenge to get people working together, but KTA seems to be doing okay. I think people will find that they have a lot of fun in this group, and that will make it easier for everyone to stick together.

8. desklampz

desklampz IncGamers Member

im a be a ligh trap sin il play for sure.

*Kuo

9. TinaTurner

Excellent.... So far we have:

*hsmith12 (myself) - Martial Artist
    *StoryOfReigh - Fire trapper
    *Kuo - Lightning Trapper

10. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

GAT = paly team.

Lucky

11. pugilist

pugilist Banned

I'm down!

I want to make an odd hybrid, using blade fury with venom, and maxing out blades of ice and phoenix strike so we have all elements covered!

*crossouttheeyes

12. StoryOfReign

Sounds sweet pugilist. I added everyone to my flist so far. See if we can't get this going sometime soon.

13. meekzero

meekzero IncGamers Member

too bad you didn't mention this sooner - i just made a pheonix strike sin and she's already level 50 :(

14. TinaTurner

Sounds like you guys are looking forward to this. Hopefully we will get more people so we can start sometime this week. Meekzero, you can remake if you want to join, it's going to be a lot of fun.

15. krajoz

krajoz IncGamers Member

wat realm are u on?

16. StoryOfReign

UsEast HCL

17. Remlin

Remlin IncGamers Member

I'll join in. I think I will go 'Ninja' and build blade skills.
    account = *Remlin4
    I am on most evenings 8pm to 10ish.

18. StoryOfReign

*hsmith12 - Martial Artist
    *StoryOfReign - Fire trapper
    *Kuo - Lightning Trapper
    *crossouttheeyes - ice / phoenix
    *remlin4 - "ninja"

This looks like a good base to start with. Should we have a meeting soon? I'm actually thinking about change the type of char i'm gunna play. I'm gunna look at some asn builds and see what i can come up with. You guys wanna meet sometime tonight? Maybe 8 or 9pm EST? I'm in Idaho so i'm 2 hours behind the east coast. But its all good for me. Well, we need to decide weather we want to meet once or twice a week. The only times that are out for me is Tuesday / Thursday 9pm - Midnight EST. So we can go Sunday / Wednesday 8-10pm EST. That seems most logical to me. Maybe even Monday / Wednesday. And perhaps longer times. Anyways, everyone feel free to message me on *StoryofReign with any ideas.

19. veganNecro

veganNecro IncGamers Member

I've actually never played an assassin, but this sounds goofy and fun so I'll give it a shot. Not sure what type of build yet, because I've never leveled one past 4 or whatever, but I'll take a look at the guides today and pick something. I'll check these boards again later today to see if we've decided on a meeting time or anything, but either way my account is *goveg.com.

20. Webbo

Webbo IncGamers Member

What the heck i'll jump in on this, haven't played an asn in a while and was waiting for something like this to roll along :D

my account is +Webzk22+

I tried a blade fury asn in the past and she was quite successful, so I will try it again :) count me in!

oh and if anyone wants to add me on msn go ahead, just PM me on here first or i will just block you, thanks :)