Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The "Daz has an awesome life" Sundaily!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dazliare, May 9, 2016.

1. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

Hello!

Similar to Kitteh, I realized I don't know you guys all that well. So here's a little thing about me and my life.

RL: 6 months ago I decided I was sick of being lonely and playing video games all the time, so I decided to learn some stuff about pickup (meeting girls, dating, etc. I'm 25, so it's about time). It came really naturally, and it's been amazing. I met a girl at the market last week and we have a date on Friday. Then today I was getting a new phone, and met a girl there, and we ended up going on a date just an hour later! She's amazing, and we have another date Wednesday. She's also *WAY* out of my league.

So yeah that's me.

D2 - working on my immolation zon in the build your own tournament

OVG - working on a divive playthrough of Morrowind. The idea is full mage with tons of magic and custom spells to wipe out entire towns while flying in 100% chameleon/invisible. I also have 100% magicka resistance so spells can't actually hurt me, and 100% reflect is on the way as well. Super fun.

coju likes this.
  2. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

I honestly can't imagine talking to random people in a grocery store, to ask them out or otherwise, so good for you.

RL: I went out with a bunch of friends the other day. They're all graduating and mostly heading out of town for jobs though. I'm stuck here another year, so... yeah. Also drank way too much and probably made a fool of myself. But it was fun. Have one test left, so spent the rest of my time making flash cards until I felt I was getting arthritis.

D2: Tournament still. It's going pretty well so far on my third shot.

OVG. Nothing now.

3. Dazliare

It's not so bad once you get past the weirdness of it. The worst that can happen is she says "um, no.". I have an awesome life, so it just doesn't bother me.

4. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

RL: Last few weeks into the school year so busy at work.

D2: Turned to the dark side by exploiting child labour. I have my cousin's sons leveling my latest project. I pay them nothing and they fight each other to be able to play *EVIL LAUGHTER*
    Seriously, they are working on a school project about videogames. Im so surprised they enjoy grinding levels for my paladin at 800*600. Windowed!

OVG: cricket manager

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

5. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I'm the opposite Daz! I feel like I'm at a point (23) with my running, my studying and work etc that I it isn't a good time for me to get involved with anybody. Yey for diversity haha

RL: Last exam today, although I still have a dissertation and some coursework to do, plus a radioactivity lab that I missed a couple of weeks back. Also, getting ready for Fife Science Festival again next week - we are going to deprived areas that can't access the centre and it is awesome fun! Also, my next race is on 21/5 and then 4/6, so lots of race specific work going on just now.

D2: Not recently :(

OVG: Not either haha

6. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

Perhaps i should start a "I wish my life was as awesome as Daz' Mondaily".

RL: Work again. A whole 5 day workweek no less. Badminton in the evening. And perhaps some ironing if i feel like it.

D2: Still no.

OVG: Maybe a bit of Destiny if i can find the time, but that's uncertain today.

7. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Good for you, but also remember this: no one is out of your league, and better get this thing out of your head before she figures it out. Let that to girls to figure it out, and if some girl thinks she is out of your league, then she is free to walk away, right? There are a lot of fishes in the sea after all.

Kitteh likes this.
  8. Dazliare

I 100% agree, and it is out of my head. I just like to tell people that so they're more impressed hahahah

9. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Congrats, Daz!

OVG: Been playing through Fallout: New Vegas. My first character maxed explosions, and was pretty much worthless. Doesn't have very good range, ammo is scarce and you constantly have to make the decision "how much damage do I want to do to myself to kill this guy?" My second character has maxed sneak and guns and is going much better. It is on a higher difficulty and also hardcore, yet surprisingly I am not having too much trouble keeping companions alive. Just need to make them stay way back when encountering Deathclaws and take them on one at a time.

Hmm, I just hang out by the fresh produce. "Your melons are nicer, want to go get a drink?"

10. Dazliare

Brilliant. I just might try it

11. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Shit that's a good one. If only I were single.

12. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

Previous experiences tell me the women (especially the ones you think are "way out of your league" ((don't be so shallow, nobody is out of your league!))) you can pickup like that aren't typically single. I wish you well, and I feel really old now that I'm seeing ages of people I thought were a bit older. I think this game is older than a couple here, which makes me feel ancient...

IRL: Promotion at work is taking its toll. Stress, stress, and more stress. Stress about my team's productivity, and the pressures from above when the job is consistently done poorly. I wish I could just go back to doing my own work, instead of depending on others to do it... I never understood the ladder that way.

"Hey, this guy is really good at X, Y, and Z. He has earned a promotion. Now, he will oversee the other people doing X, Y, and Z, only now we can blame him when the quality of work is sub-par."

Just let me go back to doing my job! Things were easier, stuff got done faster, at a higher(est) quality, with zero supervision...

D2 -> OVG: Self-found HC 99er is parked somewhere. Got distracted by Dark Souls, then Fallout:NV, 3, 2, and finally 1. Then Diablo (the first) took some hours, and now Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow and Stadium. Ooh, Nintendo 64?! Need Goldeneye 007, Mario Cart, Super Mario 64, Bomberman 64, Star Wars Podracer, Extreme-G, oh oh oh forget DII, not enough hours in the day!!!

13. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

@logoutzero At least they're consistent in doing a poor job. :D The fact that you have to depend on other people on how well you do your job (or at least that's how it's viewed) is one of the reasons why i wouldn't like to be a manager. I've seen enough people that do whatever they want and now i can say to my manager: hey not my problem. But if i am the manager it is my problem.

As far as women go: they're all out of my league. Or at least that's how they see it. o_O

RL: Busy, busy, busy at work. Already told people they wanted (way) too much done in the given timeframe a few months ago. But it seems that now, finally, it's starting to get through to their heads that i was right. Unfortunately it seems like our period of great weather is coming to an end. Coming days it's still fairly warm, but chances of rain. And in the weekend the temperature is plummeting. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Somehow every once in a while i'm thinking that maybe getting a tattoo is a good idea. However for some reason i can't seem to find something that makes me go: yes, that's the one. Perhaps that means my brain is telling me i don't really want it?

OVG: Didn't have any time yesterday. Today should be better.

14. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

That's good news Daz :).

RL: work is meh, and the week at work only started for me today, as I don't work on Mondays; good luck getting through the rest of the week. More importantly though, running has been going so well the last few months and especially weeks, that I don't have an excuse anymore: 99% sure I'll be running my second ultra in a bit over a month, on June 12. 55K and some 1500 metres of altitude gain ... so looking forward to it.

On Sunday I went to a concert from New Orleans masters of heaviness Crowbar; it was an awesome show, not only Crowbar themselves, but also the 3 opening acts.

@Cyrax I hear you on the tattoo, I have exactly the same thought. My wife surely wouldn't agree though, so that makes the decision easier.

Other than that, the weather has been great, our 3 boys are doing really well, so yeah, life's pretty good.

@Kitteh what kind of running do you do? Road races, trails, ... ? Long distance, short distance?

D2: played our weekly group game with some other people of the Amazon Basin yesterday evening, which was fun as always. Couldn't resist playing my 99er Blizz Sorc 2 hours after that, doing AT runs. Nothing good dropped, except for a Shako and Lacerators, but she is getting close the the 93.5 mark.

OVG: a few guys from the Amazon Basin were doing the Overwatch open beta for the last couple of days, and were pulling at my sleeve to join them, but I just didn't find the time to do so.

15. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I don't even like driving that far, good luck T72!

T72on1 likes this.
  16. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

17. Kitteh

@T72on1
    I do obstacle racing and trail/fell running, but I'm looking to transition into skyrunning. I will still do OCR, but I want something new to push me. Plus, I LOVE hills and mountains haha.

I take it your ultras are on trail? Most I look at are trail :p

I could never be a road runner, you just don't see the things on road that I see when I'm training.

18. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

@Kitteh I agree wholeheartedly about road running. Due to the area where I live, I still do it from time to time, on my shorter weekday runs, but if it wouldn't be necessary ... not a chance. So yeah, the ultra is on trail. I often dream about doing some trail running in foreign countries from time to time (Switzerland, Schotland, Scandinavian countries ...). Must be wonderful. Unfortunately there's no way I can combine it with my family life at the moment though. Maybe one day.

The bad news for my upcoming ultra is that I just noticed my shoes, Inov-8 Race Ultra 290's, are wearing down very fast all of a sudden. Not too long ago I was bragging about their quality to my running buddies, and now, only some 200K later, the upper mesh of the left shoe is torn on the inside, and at my big toe. I ran a bit over 1000K with them, so it's not too bad, but the timing could be better ... :(. So now I have to decide if I'll manage to do my long training run next weekend (in the vicinity of the place where the ultra is, to get used to the altitude gain) and the ultra itself on those shoes, or if I have to buy new ones already. Not sure what I'll do.

As for the new shoes, I'm currently leaning towards La Sportiva Helios. I love Inov-8s, but for the long runs, say 30K+, I feel they don't have enough cushioning. Well, not for me at least. I had thought I could train to get used to less cushioning, and I love the feel of it on shorter runs, but for those very long runs, I just can't seem to get my body strong enough for it. The Helios seems to have the positives of a few Inov-8s I was looking into (Terraclaw 250 and Roclite 280 or 295), but with more cushioning.

19. Kitteh

My last 3 pairs have been Inov 8 Talon 212s, but I'm considering some 200s as I need a new pair soon. I've heard good things about the Roclite from orienteering people if that helps? :p

I can't wait to race abroad! My most 'abroad race' is London, and I'm in Scotland :p I missed that last two world champs through cost, which would have been America. So, my first race abroad will be either Copenhagen in October (I'm planning to tour a series called 'Toughest' which is Scandinavian), or Netherlands in June if I qualify for the Europeans at my race next Saturday.

I think a bit of road is good. I'm planning to add an easy road run in weekly soon just for that additional stimulus, and I will be running on sand biweekly and eventually weekly leading up to Copenhagen because the race is half trail and half sand with a bit of water haha

20. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

The Talon 212s seem like very nice shoes (same goes for the 200s), but like I said, I can't seem to build up enough strength to be able to use that type of shoes for longer distances. I have a pair of Traliroc 235, which are very minimalist and very fun to run on on soft surfaces. I had built up all the way to running 20K on them without problems, but ever after I suffered from runner's knee last year, after my first ultra, I always get problems with my knee again when running on them. Too bad really, because the feeling of running in such low weight, low profile shoes is much better than running in regular trail or running shoes. So I still hope I can make it work at some point.

One of the main problems is that there aren't any decent trail shops nearby where I live. The nearest shop is a 45 minute ride, and they don't offer much from Inov-8. So it's hard to compare all the shoes that might be good candidates for a new shoe for me. And buying shoes from the internet, without trying them on, is always a risky thing.

So you live in Schotland? That sounds like a very cool region to run in. I'd definitely want to do a trail there some day. Anything you can recommend?

Good luck with your races !!! From the sound of it, you must be in very good shape.