The Darkness, the new plague of music

SirKnightmare

Diabloii.Net Member
The Darkness, the new plague of music

When I heard these guys were selling out concerts in minutes I wanted to vomit. They are horrible, I have no idea what people see in them. Their lyrics are completely stupid and uninspired, "I want to kiss you ever minute, every hour, every day" what the heck is that.

The big thing I can't stand is the whole hair band sound and look, the last thing I want to see is some fruity scrawny sperm in spandex crawling around. Not to mention the guy can't sing worth a crap, he has the sythesizer up more than Britney Spears.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
There are far darker forces at work in the realm of current pop music. In terms of evil, the darkness are no match for Justin Timberlake...

The darkness will never be as big or as long lived as the boybands and their off shoots. Or the Britney/Christina thing.

Besides... the darkness aren´t all that bad... :innocent:

Draconis

Diabloii.Net Member
SirKnightmare, I have this funny feeling that you might actually wear more black than me, which I previously thought was impossible.

Jigga-Scrooge

Diabloii.Net Member
how about i make a thread about all the stupid rappers that i hate. they are hardcore badass to the max. you might think that "I want to kiss you ever minute, every hour, every day" is stupid, but i dont think there is anything wrong with that. what i think is stupid is the rappers that sing like "yeah (insert racist word), were gonna smoke some drugs (insert racist word), were gonna drink some alchohol (insert racist word), were gonna have sex with (insert racist word) without condoms (insert racist word)". now that is stupid, and it is true. i just made that up but its the general thing.

P2blr

Diabloii.Net Member
The Darkness rocks!

mostly because they're so bad. my friend sent me the video for "I...Love" and I laughed my head off. and it's just really I watched it alot and it became good in that time

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, you guys all really missed the point of the Darkness. They are a joke band, they are supposed to be rediculous. If you've seen their video you would understand...

(And at least they are a BAND, and they WRITE their own songs. People who say that bands are the plauge of music when there are so many boyband/diva/teenyboppers out their make me sick. Almost as sick as said musical styles. Even rappers write their own stuff, err well many of them do...)

Suicidal Zebra

Diabloii.Net Member
Indeed Suggestive.

Guys, the Darkness is a self parody. They are taking the look of some of the best selling bands ever and having a good laugh with it. So you don't like it, well don't the hell listen to it. Heck, at least the Darkness are unique compared to the rest of pop today.
:uhhuh:

Seriously gents (as it is always gents), this bitching about current musical trends is really getting old.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
Who cares if they are unique? They still suck. I understand what they are doing and its a funny idea, but I don't want to see that damn video every 2 seconds on college network every time i walk into the damn snack bar.

Chief JB

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
Wow, you guys all really missed the point of the Darkness. They are a joke band, they are supposed to be rediculous. If you've seen their video you would understand...

(And at least they are a BAND, and they WRITE their own songs. People who say that bands are the plauge of music when there are so many boyband/diva/teenyboppers out their make me sick. Almost as sick as said musical styles. Even rappers write their own stuff, err well many of them do...)
Yes, I agree. Just look at some of their lyrics. A lot of it is joking, sort of like Tenacious D. I also don't find anything wrong with the instrumental part of the music either. It's good stuff.

Suicidal Zebra

Diabloii.Net Member
nnndave said:
Who cares if they are unique? They still suck. I understand what they are doing and its a funny idea, but I don't want to see that damn video every 2 seconds on college network every time i walk into the damn snack bar.
When did you grab that sense of humour bypass 'dave'? They did a great job.

;)