The Dark Side of the Zod God

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
What is this nonsense?!

You might think my brain was seriously damaged after the Zod God Sept, but don't worry, at least I can still breathe...

The Dark Side of the Zod God is my next Sept - only rule I'm giving myself this time is that every character has to use an item including a Zod, be it a Unique, Runeword or any colour you like. I will try avoid using any of the Zod God items I now have, but if something new, perfect and ethereal drops on the run, I may consider.

Let the fun begin! This should keep me busy for the next couple of years (along with my magic and rare only septs), so there will be plenty of time to plan and theorycraft around these characters.

PLEASE, bring your suggestions! Let the crazy ideas flow! What would YOU build if you had the resources?

Builds completed:

----

Builds in progress:

Spiked the Justiciar, level 83 Paladin Hell Act III

Build ideas, items I have etc:

To be discussed -- I'll write more here later

Rune Stack:

Zod: 0
Cham: 0
Jah: 3
Ber: 3

Currently farming: Travincal

zodg.png
:p

Last edited:

jonnyphive

Diabloii.Net Member
I won't guess since I'm guessing it'll be something unexpected, but I just wanted to say that I have long thought of making exactly that weapon - not that I have anywhere near the proper resources to do so. Can't wait to see what this turns into and how the damage turns out.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Awesome! I had a similar idea of my personal spin on a Zod sept, damn you Zod God! Also you used 99 Luftballons on one of your 99er ding vids which I also thought would be funny. So instead of actually providing helpful input, I hereby call dibs on these :D
  • Eth Death Cleaver => Zealot/FoH/HB hybrid
  • Eth Stone Crusher => offhand for Frenzy Barb with Schaefer's or Stormlash as mainhand. With effect from whenever (if) I find eth Lash, dibs on that as mainhand also. ;)
  • Eth Bonehew => physical Bear Necro with Faith Merc and BS synergies
Apologies. ;)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, I also did this along with the posted Rune Master:
Screenshot923.jpg
Little bit more motivation to bring my new untwinked 99er Barb to rune farming phase! Rune count is still up to date in the first post, so I could make another item for this Sept right now, in theory.

I'm going to pair this 'Phoenix' with the above posted Rune Master. The build is planned to be an Avenger with Fanaticism as his main aura, aka Justiciar. He should reach quite ridiculous damage, for Vengeance anayway. Not expecting to face any challenges with the build, but it's fun to be a cookie cutter from time to time, even more so with builds with "little extra something" ;)

If youre going with BotD, I'd rather see a synergized Poisonmancer
I think I don't have any Necromancer ideas yet, so hear hear. I do have plans for new BotD though, I hope to find a Ghost Spear rack in 1.07 - some other bases may be a possibility also, but I need at least some speed and it needs to be a spear ;)

Awesome! I had a similar idea of my personal spin on a Zod sept, damn you Zod God! Also you used 99 Luftballons on one of your 99er ding vids which I also thought would be funny. So instead of actually providing helpful input, I hereby call dibs on these :D
  • Eth Death Cleaver => Zealot/FoH/HB hybrid
  • Eth Stone Crusher => offhand for Frenzy Barb with Schaefer's or Stormlash as mainhand. With effect from whenever (if) I find eth Lash, dibs on that as mainhand also. ;)
  • Eth Bonehew => physical Bear Necro with Faith Merc and BS synergies
Apologies. ;)
:D You can have the builds, but should I find an eth Death Cleaver, I will strongly consider using it! Oh, and I did Necromancer using Bonehew for Zod God sept, didn't use 'Beast' though!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Agreed that BF is very cool. The Zod in the Rune Master would be wasted in that case though. Unless you make it a BF / physical melee hybrid.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
My Justiciar has reached Hell Act II, this has to be about as powerful as a single target click melee character can be... simply an unstoppable force. I think he has probably the biggest 1-handed Vengeance numbers SPF has seen as well.

Screenshot993.jpg

Screenshot995.jpg
Okay, it's a start. Only 4 x Ohms, 1x Zod and another Vex + Lo and Jah and the character has "paid for itself" ;)

I intend to write a few words about some of the build ideas I've for the rest of the characters, in hopes of sparking some discussion, maybe even new ideas. Nothing is set in stone before the characters are finished.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought about posting some of my ideas so far. Maybe you'll give me even better ones?

I'd say my Eth Tomb Reaver's has to be used for this sept. I've done two builds with it so far, neither them was a Druid... so maybe a some kind of shapeshifter is in order, no? I did one Fireclaws bear with a regular TR and it was a success. Then I could go with pure Fury, Fury/Rabies, etc. If you have anything more extraordinary, I'm all ears!

For Assassin my dream would be to catch an Amazing rare claw to Zod, but I think my almost perfect Bartuc's will suit very well. I'm thinking about a WWsin with it.

Then there's my Eth Executioner's Justice that just screams for a Zod be put in it. Build? Maybe Barb could take advantage of it? It has 50% ctc Decrepify when killing an enemy, that should be useful around PIs.

One BotD wielding build could be great. I've one in Colossus Blade, that would be good in the hands of a Wolf Barb now that I think about it. On the other hand, what has been in my mind for a long, is to go and make Impale work even relatively well, so that would be a fast spear with a BotD made in it...

Sorc? Necro? No idea. I've an eth Guardian Angel, I could make a dumb all around tank-ish max block Sorc around it? Maybe even a Zeal Enchantress or something? Then there's Andariel's Visage, and its ctc Poison Nova that could be synergized on a Necromacer. Please give more ideas! :D

Some eye candy:
Screenshot1034.jpg
Screenshot1035.jpg Screenshot1036.jpg Screenshot1037.jpg

I'm pretty far with my eth Grail so there's probably many obvious candidates I'm not even thinking about now. Have to go digging more around my stashes.

ArtOfSenf

Diabloii.Net Member
Uff, a Zod'ed GA for a "dumb all around tank-ish max block Sorc" would probably end up being an enchantress or a bearsorc?

Let's see what else could benefit a sorc - I guess a standars build would be fine as well?

- Eth Harle which is kind of boring
- Eth Hexfire fire sorc
- Some form of Frostwind cold sorc (that benefits from cold mastery?)
- Eth Flamebellow fire sorc

Eth vipermagi, ormus robe and arkaines valor come to mind as well.