Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The damage of mage skellies?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Lazy_BerZerker, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

The damage of mage skellies?

I can't find any thread that gives the exact damage of mage skellies/lvl in mastery, and in the main skill. :( Could anyone please provide some kind of list? It would be nice to know their damage at 40 RM/SM towards 40 RS/SM

RM = Rage mage

2. Heaven Torn Asunder

Heaven Torn Asunder IncGamers Member

Click Here

Even at level 40.. their damage still sort of lacks some, this build would be so fun with lower resist and skeletal mages. But sadly they just suck. :(

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

uuuuh... what's with the poison mages? That damage seems to be 337 over 600 seconds = ~0.5 poison damage per second!???!??!

4. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Anyone ever had a L59 Skeleton mage?

5. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

I have, and higher as well. They kill quite nicely if you use teleport to put them all in one spot. Then they focus their attacks on one monster and it goes down very fast>

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

...the HELL?? lvl 59? How is this possible?

Delirium 3 Summon - 5
    Enigma - 2 (since you tele)
    HoTo - 3
    Spider - 1
    2x SoJs - 2
    Spirit / Homun - 2
    Battle Command - 1
    10x Gcs - 10
    Anni - 1
    3 Summon Ammy - 3
    Marrow - 2

Not lvl 59... couple more could be possible since I'm not very familiar with set bonuses and Ladder items, but 59..?

Jeez...

- Dennis

7. rubberband shooter

rubberband shooter IncGamers Member

The fire and lighting mages damage is actually comparable to the skeleton warriors damage.

Though their damage is low, poison mages actually stop monster regeneration, so their long duration actually helps.

8. jgreg7

jgreg7 IncGamers Member

Just my $0.02: I've got a level 73 Lord of mages in A2 Hell right now. They work quite well, even though mine are only 30 RM/SM.

Rubberband shooter is right: the poison mages are just there to stop regeneration. I unsummon all but 1-2 poison mages. They help with bosses and targets that like to run away.

Note that mages seem to get a bigger boost from points in Mastery than in Raise Mage. So players should maxed that first and hunt for magic items with +SM.

9. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Instead of Homun/Spirit you could get a couple more levels with a +3 summoning magic shrunken head with +3 Skel Mast and +3 Skel Mage as staff mods.

Instead of HoTo you could use a White runeword wand with staff mods to get +7 Skel Mast and +3 Skel Mage. The other option is a +3 summoning magical wand with +3 Skel Mast and +3 Skel Mage which would be more skills than using White.

10. Heaven Torn Asunder

Heaven Torn Asunder IncGamers Member

*UPDATE*

Level 20 skeleton mastery and 20 mage skeletons = level 29 on the overall chart.

"Below is the table of necromage missile's damage according to the relative skill level listed in the above table. Level 59 in this table corresponds to level 40 Skeleton Mastery and level 40 Raise Skeletal Mage 40+((40-2)/2) = 59."

And with level 40 mastery and 40 mage = 59 on the chart, so yeah it wouldn't be THAT hard to get past that.