The D2 item that will stick in your mind

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
The D2 item that will stick in your mind

10 years from now when you're (probably) not playing D2 anymore, what 1 item do you think you'll instantly associate with it immediately? What item will represent D2 in your mind?

Wirts leg definitely, and holy water sprinklers (best name imo). Oh, and Zod, since i found mine, and gave it away.
EDIT: Diggler is pretty good as wel yea

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I'll certainly remember this bow. I found this bow in late 2000 and was one of the best bows on Europe realm for a long time, and also on top10 EU bow list on this site. And I'll also remember the "trusted" person who stole this bow from me some time just before LoD came out :mad:.

In any case all I have left now is this picture that will forever remind me of golden era of Diablo II that we'll never ever see again. Makes me remember how I was on top10 of the first Necro ladder (top10 ladders don't exist anymore).

Reminds me just how pathetic D2 is right now. :rolleyes:

Sorry for useless spam, I'm getting old.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
10 years from now when you're (probably) not playing D2 anymore, what 1 item do you think you'll instantly associate with it immediately? What item will represent D2 in your mind?
Well, if I have to completelly honest about it... Stone of Jordan (that's right, not sojsojsoj, but the full name) :thumbsup:

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
Stone of Jordan :D
nuff said.

bipolar

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds silly, but low level runewords like Lore and Stealth. Playing untwinked, it's always an exciting moment when you can make one of those -- generally a huge upgrade over whatever crap you're wearing at the time, and the runes are common enough that you'll usually be able to make one or the other by Normal A5/Nightmare A1.

Dawnmaster said:
Well, if I have to completelly honest about it... Stone of Jordan (that's right, not sojsojsoj, but the full name) :thumbsup:
No no, its spelt 'Sodge'. :)
Leo, that bow looks nice, but i dont know how much ED it would have had. Presume it was near the max amaount of ED at the time, or else it would just be another skills bow.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
Presume it was near the max amaount of ED at the time, or else it would just be another skills bow.
If I recall correctly, the best bow at that time had ~155 damage, 1xx ar and IAS (but no skills :D).

PS: I actually have a full set of pictures of my ama (items, skills), all from late 2000 or early 2001, can post them if there's any interest :).

rtk179

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
I'd have to say the Silks of the Victor. The name and graphic for this armor had an incredible sense of grace and beauty. I'll always remember how it made me feel regal when I wore it in D2 classic.

carrothers

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll always remember those items that were hands down the best items in the game. Nothing was better than them ever. No discussion, best items in Diablo II ever. Things like King's Great Axe of Haste, and the Godly Plate of the Whale. Er.... wait...

More seriously, I'll always remember Harlequin Crest, Stone Of Jordan, or Annihilus (since I killed my first Uber Diablo yesterday). Shako and SOJ were always super versatile, so I always tried to get them for any of my characters.

Joch

Diabloii.Net Member
from classic:
blinkbat, gull, silks of vector

from lod:
ali baba (the first -non classic- unique i found once i had lod)
, soj (my first one ever found I'll never forget how)
, gul rune (first time I got scammed)

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
shael shael eth cruel colossus blade. i made all the ones i used myself, and traded a whole bunch.

7% mfsc's.

tgods, cause i like pro wrestling too.